Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Ohhhh, you're making me blush @lilaclovebird And it takes about an hour and about 25 products to pull this off! I look like a Neanderthal with no makeup. Hahahaha!!

Edit: Oh, and filters on IG. Bless that Valencia filter.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh, you're making me blush @lilaclovebird And it takes about an hour and about 25 products to pull this off! I look like a Neanderthal with no makeup. Hahahaha!!

I don't believe it for a moment!

@jennifer_417 I think it takes one to know one! :wink:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

I don't believe it for a moment!

@jennifer_417 I think it takes one to know one! :wink:

d'aww, thanks!

@Frankie_Felinius -Neanderthal? Doubtful.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    IMG_20150629_093114_zpsumzv1ktp.jpg
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    tweety-instagram.png
    IG vs real life
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Well, I didn't mean for that to be life-sized but oh well! This was done after I saw makeup people on social media do it with the hashtag "The Power of Makeup".

Maybe not Neanderthal...the other thing I call my unmade myself...a boy dinosaur.

In all seriousness, I'm not trying to fish for compliments with self-deprecating humor. While I prefer my cake face any day over my bare face...I know it could be worse...I could have a face even makeup couldn't help and I'm grateful for that!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Nonetheless, I would in no way call your before face unnattractive! It isn't!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    tweety-instagram.png
    IG vs real life

SERIOUSLY! Angles and filters and take a 5 to an 8!

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Nonetheless, I would in no way call your before face unnattractive! It isn't!

I couldn't see it before. I use multiple computers at work and some of the settings block certain sites but when I switched to another one and saw your pic, I agree!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    We can agree to disagree. I know I'm not "ugly" but I think UNattractive is the perfect word for my natural state...I'm ain't attractin' nobody with that face! lol

Except my daughter. She is the only one who I think truly thinks I'm beautiful with a bare face. She tells me all of the time. She also tells me when I'm made up but she tells me MORE often when I'm not. Gotta love that...you know how honest kids are!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    We can agree to disagree. I know I'm not "ugly" but I think UNattractive is the perfect word for my natural state...I'm ain't attractin' nobody with that face! lol

Except my daughter. She is the only one who I think truly thinks I'm beautiful with a bare face. She tells me all of the time. She also tells me when I'm made up but she tells me MORE often when I'm not. Gotta love that...you know how honest kids are!

I think you are beautiful either way. You're facial symmetry is definitely something to be envied. :heart:
  • SongDragon
    SongDragon Posts: 205 Member
    Options

Pretty much how we roll out here. Be ready for a crisis, know who to call for what, and in which order.

Our biggest threats are: Active Shooter, Facility Fire/Damage, People from the outside trying to free the animals, Chimp Escape, and Biohazard Exposure.

Ah. Threats here are medical or psychiatric emergencies. Though one annoying night I had some teen fool lurking around the company vehicles. He skunk away upon meeting my eyes through the glass.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Ha! I think it is funny you say that...when I do my makeup, I'm very conscious of trying to make things symmetrical...particularly my eyes. My right eye is slighly larger and lower than the left! I'll post a really "raw" selfie...my asymmetrical eyes and age spots are quite apparent in that one. I took the photo as a "before" for a new skin care regimen...never thought I'd show people but I've actually posted it on IG before too.

Speaking of symmetry...my ears are very asymmetrical. Didn't notice until a few years ago but damn! Probably a generous half inch difference in height (they are the same size, one is just higher on my head) and one sticks out more! Also my hips are quite differently shaped, one side the "flared" part is quite a bit lower. Bodies are curious things...

IMG_20150607_123316_zpsgqm7bicr.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I still don't even know what you're talking about! You sincerely look adorable in that pic! And I wouldn't tell you that if I didn't really think it...that's how I roll.
  • bryantparson
    bryantparson Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm with them. You look fine without makeup.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    OK everybody. Pass it along. ERs are most urgent first. Not whoever yells the loudest first. I don't care if you yell you are going to find a vet that cares more. When I'm trying to keep one from dying and you won't tell me what is wrong with your dog other than "Can't you tell! She's not right!" You just moved to the back of the line. Next closest vet is Missoula 2 hours away. Go for it and good riddance.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Ugh. Some people seem to have no awareness that any problems other than their own exist.
  • paul199madrid
    paul199madrid Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Some people seem to have no awareness that any problems other than their own exist.

Haha right?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    OK everybody. Pass it along. ERs are most urgent first. Not whoever yells the loudest first. I don't care if you yell you are going to find a vet that cares more. When I'm trying to keep one from dying and you won't tell me what is wrong with your dog other than "Can't you tell! She's not right!" You just moved to the back of the line. Next closest vet is Missoula 2 hours away. Go for it and good riddance.

If blood is not pouring out of an orifice and onto my shoes, GET THE SMURF OUT! Your broken finger can wait til morning!

Jeebus. It's not that you don't care. It's that you care a lot, about a lot of animals. You wish there were four of you to fix every animal every time. But the reality is, there isn't, and we need to accept this and save the ones we can and need to save right now.

We get it. You're doing the best you can with what you have and we support you 100%.
  • SongDragon
    SongDragon Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @FrankieFelinius I know what you mean. Though it seems if you live with your face you notice the most. I have one eye where the lid closes more. And one nostril that's more flared, but that's tmi.