Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Wow! Not a good night for cats. At least we don't have to let them suffer but they are really taking it on the chin tonight. Renal failure, Saddle Thrombus and Liver Failure. If we are keeping score it's like dogs 15 and cats 0.
  • greedybaby150
    greedybaby150 Posts: 11 Member
    Good morning to everyone working overnights

• sufferlandrian
    Morning! :smile:
  • IrishMiner76
    IrishMiner76 Posts: 38 Member
    Good morning all, Last one !!!! cant wait until 6am then 7days off ! what shift cycle do you all work ? I'm 12's 6-6 4nights, 7off, 4days, 3off, 3nights, 1off, 3days, 3off, then repeat..
  • sufferlandrian
    edited August 2015
    That schedule flipping would kill me! I like hiding out on nights. :smile: 6 PM to 8 AM most night and Weekends 6 PM Friday to 8 AM monday (62 hours) so about 110 hours total.
  • sufferlandrian
    Until we get another doctor, I think I win the hours competition. :smile:
  • IrishMiner76
    IrishMiner76 Posts: 38 Member
    That schedule flipping would kill me!

Just like anything it becomes normal after doing it for a long enough time ! I don't mind the 6-6 plus I have a 10minute drive home so it works out good if I'm dead on my feet I can pour myself in to bed pretty quickly right after my shift and be up by noon good to go :wink:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I work 9:45p-7:45a Fri, Sat, Sun, and I'm a full-time student during the week.
  • jennifer_417

He ALWAYS wins... :/

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited August 2015

He ALWAYS wins... :/
    @sufferlandrian If I become a doctor, can I come live and work with you until I can get my own place? :wink:
    ETA: I'll pay rent! And I clean, cook, and I'm a designated driver!
  • BodyByBex
    In all fairness, she does work two jobs. She works her night job and then acts as the family gopher during the day. :-) Lilaclovebird - I think your uncle should get his own beer. I'll cut your dad some slack since he is working with the government to get his license, but I'm not going to cut your uncle any slack. :wink:

@sufferlandrian Thanks. :grin:

My mom just came back from Dallas on Friday so she can be the gopher. Now it's just a matter of going to sleep when I'm supposed to because I keep wanting to stay up. I'm afraid I'll miss something while I'm sleeping. But I know on my days off(I only get one this week but whatev), I'll be totally available and ready to help my mom with all her projects she wants done.

My mom realized that she had spent almost as much time with cousin/aunt Sheri in Dallas as she has at home! That's damn near a year! So she put her foot down and said she had to come home and I'm so glad she did because we can actually EAT in the DINING ROOM NOW! :astonished:

Next up is painting my Uncle's room and then it will be the Laundry room, all the bathrooms, and then my parent's room. Followed by my dad's office. :blush:
  • sufferlandrian
    Between your family and work you put in as many hours as I do. :laugh:
  • BodyByBex
    I have found the shirt for the nightshift team!

3lax548672hd.jpg
  • sufferlandrian
    I have found the shirt for the nightshift team!

3lax548672hd.jpg

LOL. I love it. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Bam! World Domination team uniforms! Can I have one in teal?
  • BodyByBex
    edited August 2015

Only Blue, Red, Black, Purple, or Grey. :cry:

ETA: Here's where I found it and I am actually getting it in purple. :smiley:

http://www.lookhuman.com/design/24683-i-hate-being-sexy-but-someone-has-to-do-it
  • jennifer_417

*threatens to mutiny*
  • BodyByBex

*threatens to mutiny*

But the blue is REALLY pretty!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Welcome Adam! :smile:

@Frankie and Jennifer - I agree. Being late for work really bites! At least I get to wear scrubs and I'm a guy. I cut my hair in a flat top and I can be out of bed and in to work in 30 minutes or less. :smile:

I wish I was out the door that fast. I don't wear make-up to work and my hair is usually up too. it's get annoying when it's been hanging in my face for 12hrs.

@adamcourt welcome!!
    @IrishMiner76 Straight nights, 530p-530a. 2-3-2

@lilaclovebird I LOVE our world domination shirts!!!!!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,489 Member
    I'll take one in purple <3:)