Over 200 New year New Me Part 33

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I agree Deb. You can only provide information. They have to want to do it. Someone asked my sister how I have lost so much weight..looking for the magical answer and my sister simply replied "She works her @$$ off and hard work pays off"...You have to really want it. You can't just sort of want it. As far as shoes...I started at an 8 and am now almost a 9. They haven't grown in years..I'm getting taller and my feet are growing. What gives!? :tongue: :laugh:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    probably the same thing maybe, arches are collapsing, and so feet used to be shorter but higher arches, arches collapse and feet get longer.
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Me too I have a skinny sister!!! Ha, most of my family is "normal" size. I feel out of place when we have family get togethers because I am like the heaviest female. I can relate to being petite and not understanding why people are heavy because I use to be petite and not too sympathetic to over weight people. I started gaining weight in my later 20's. I started realizing that anyone could gain weight. I now am more understanding towards bigger people. I am sad because I am going to be 40 next friday and I realized I have been big for all of my 30's. That is kinda depressing. I am still short and my feet have grown but not too big size 8. I was a 7 but each pregnancy my feet have grown slightly. I have shrunk too so the whole arches thing may be the explanation for the shrinkage. :cry: :brokenheart: :sad: Okay now that I am depressed because I am almost 40, fat, and pretty short with collasped arches and long feet wow I am glad I stopped by to say hi. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Deb, I was cracking up about the curly hair and red shoes. I love your curly hair it is very pretty
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Sorry momma we didn't want to get depressed...just think of it this way, yes you will be 40 but you will get skinny before you are 41 :smile: the shortness we can't help with (except get some heels ) :smile:

I know what you mean about being the big one thought...I always feel likt the good year blimp in pics. There is a pic of me and my sisters at her wedding (i have lost the pic, really it wasn't on purpose) , but they both look sooo pretty and i look soooo fat..well i was... Two of my best frieds are tinny...one really tiny she is a size 0 and maybe they are too big...the other one average i guess about a 10 or so...i hate when we take pics i look like the odd one out :sad:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I've found that losing weight is making my feet shrink. Shoes that were tight before fit well and shoes that fit perfectly before are a bit sloppy now. So weird, but I'm okay with it. I'm usually an 8.5-9, depending on brand. The women on my mom's side all have size 10-11 size feet; apparently I got my shoe size from my dad's side. Then again, the women on my mom's side are all 5'8" or taller and I'm 5'6.5" Other than the feet, though, I'm built exactly like the women on my mom's side.

Yay, only a few more minutes left and I get to leave for the weekend. Tomorrow I'm volunteering at a classic car and airplane show because my mom's boss is one of the organizers. It should be a good time, though, because they're throwing a party at the airplane hanger after the events are done for the day...and these people love margaritas!

Have a great weekend, everyone!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

I know what you mean about being the big one thought...I always feel likt the good year blimp in pics. There is a pic of me and my sisters at her wedding (i have lost the pic, really it wasn't on purpose) , but they both look sooo pretty and i look soooo fat..well i was... Two of my best frieds are tinny...one really tiny she is a size 0 and maybe they are too big...the other one average i guess about a 10 or so...i hate when we take pics i look like the odd one out :sad:

This is how I always felt when taking pics with my friends. It's weird to see me closer to their size now but I love it. Even my Mom made comments how I look small next to them now.

Momma-Don't be depressed. Your gonna be a hot 40 year old woman! Rock your 40's girl!
  • Momma24
    Options
    Thanks Deb, I know that I am going to change my appearance in my 40's I can't keep with the what if........ or things will never change for me. I was half teasing. I am okay with being 40, I think!!!! I know I can change the fat part, the short part I am stuck with it and after 40 years I should be use to it. Besides I think I look pretty decent for my age. my SIL implied that it was my fat that prevented me from having wrinkles. I just love her!!!! Anyhow I am fine and I was teasing
  • Momma24
    Options
    Thanks Jess, you are always a sweetheart. I am so proud of all that you have accomplished. Your sister sounds like a good sis and friend. My skinny sis is one of my best friends.
  • Danielle_81
    Options
    Well I don't have a skinny sister. Mine has always been smaller than me, and for a few years I was smaller than her.....then I gained 40lbs after the baby was born. OMG you'd think the anti-Christ was coming with the ISSUES my sister had with me being smaller than her. Now she has a completely different body size and even though I was about 20lbs lighter she looked skinnier, but that didn't matter to her. 5 years ago I weighed 205 and she weighed 197 and used to say "i'm not fat, you're fat." :laugh: All because I weighed more than 200 and she didn't. I guess that was the "cut off" in her mind for fat and not fat. Pretty much everyone in my family is overweight or obese. I have one cousin who is like 5'8" and weighs about 120lbs. :grumble: But for the most part, we are all fat.

I hate getting pictures taken. I have recently told my husband that it's ok to take pics of me because if I keep up at the rate I'm going I will have none with the baby :frown: and I don't want that. So he's been crazy with the camera and I have to bite my tongue most of the time.:laugh:
  • Danielle_81
    Options
    So I just calculated my total percentage of weight lost. And I'm at 5.06% lost. It's not a lot but it makes me very happy :bigsmile:
  • Danielle_81
    Options
    So after doing that little calculation I decided to start calculating other stuff. I have to say I'm a little intimidated by my "numbers" now. Ok so this is what I've got....

Starting weight: 288.8 BMI 51.2 :embarassed:
    Current Goal 145 BMI 25.7

That would still make me "overweight" I really don't know how to feel about this. 143 pounds already seems like so much. So upon further investigation I figured out that I have to weigh 169 just to be in the "overweight" category . That's 119lbs to lose to not be obese anymore :cry: It just seems like such an insurmountable goal. And then to find out my final goal doesn't even put me into a "healthy" range yet I'm pissed!

So I figured out my "numbers" and this is my new stats.

SW: 288.8 BMI 51.2
    GW: 122.5 BMI 21.7
    This puts me right in the middle of the "healthy" range. My range is 104.2 up to 140.8, so now it looks like I have to drop 166.3lbs to reach my new goal. With a % of 57.58 of weight loss by the end of it! This just makes me feel like I could never do it......but at least I have 14.6lbs gone, right?
  • Momma24
    Options
    Danielle, I do not think that you should go by the bmi. We are all different and we are all different sizes. I would hold off on my ultimate goal until you are a bit closer to the weight range. Seriously, I am suppose to be as low as 105 at my thinnest I was 110 and looked sick. According to my bmi I would have looked wonderful. No thanks, you know that too skinny where your head looks huge because you weigh nothing. I am not reall fond of that look. Anyhow, you have given birth more than once and that would make you need to weigh a bit more. Truly, before you set goals that feel so difficult and far away set small ones and see where you start feeling comfortable. Besides exercise and muscle tone could give you a lower bmi with a higher weight (if that made sense)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    So, I just discovered the new love of my life.

Ice cream made with coconut milk!!! It was really expensive because it's organic & I suppose coconut milk is far more expensive than regular milk/cream but I seriously think it's the best ice cream I've ever eaten. It's called "Purely Decadent" and I have the "Passionate Mango" flavor (I've been a mango fanatic lately). They also make a dark chocolate flavor which I will be purchasing in the very near future. I have a feeling it's going to be my favorite ice cream ever. It has 150 cals per 1/2 cup which is less than regular ice cream and way less cals than comparable ice cream like Ben & Jerry's.

Anyway, I discovered it while looking for the "ice cream substitute" called Arctic Zero. This stuff only has 45 calories for 1/2 cup..... yes, you can eat an ENTIRE PINT for only 180 calories!!! Plus, a pint of it has 16g protein, 8g fiber, and only 28g carbs. I was very very skeptical that it could possibly taste good at all but IT DOES!! It's way better than I thought it would be and would totally satisfy a craving for ice cream. I kind of can't believe it exists!
    http://www.myarcticzero.com/

I know it says 150 cals/pint but they're using some back asswards logic to get that number (saying fiber is negative cals... bs). But 180 cals/pint is still a.m.a.z.i.n.g.

I'm done now, I just had to share my amazing discoveries. :laugh:
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Danielle - I know how you feel...here i have lost almost 70 lbs and I am still morbidly obese. I wno't become "overweight" until 185, like 65lbs still to even get to that point, and 80 lbs to get to my "1st" goal of 168...I am just trying to take a little at a time.

I know what you mean about pics with your little one, I have not that many with my littlest cause i was the biggest when she was little.

NOte to self ::!!!!! Do not eat a almost 1200 mg sodium dinner and then go to spin class.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!
    I saw 193.2 on the scale this morning which would be 0.2 down from my lowest weigh-in weight ever so I should be recording a loss next Friday! Yay! :happy:

I went to the gym last night. I decided to take the advice of Cris' PT and be more efficient by not pushing myself too hard. I still pushed myself, but rather than keep my heart rate in the 190s, I kept it in the 180s (baby steps, right?). I think maybe part of the reason I haven't been getting the gym as often as I'd like is because I pushed myself too hard while there and would be dead and hurting when I got home.

I need to get out of the "no pain, no gain" mentality. So, since I didn't overdo it yesterday, I feel like exercising today, too. When I was having so much weight loss success, I was exercising nearly every day. I want to get back to that, even if I just do a 20-30 minute video or take a walk/light jog on the days I don't go to the gym.

The first big college football game of the season (IMO, at least!) starts in 1 minute. *kitten* vs Dogs. Go *kitten*! (yeah right)