A decent 2000kcal day with 40/30/30 macros from McDonalds

Options

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I worked at McDonald's for 5 years, 3 of it in management. All mangers were required to take year food safety courses. There was usually a manager in the grill at all times. A timer was set up and every employee was to wash their hands every 30 minutes (and of course before and after bathroom breaks, both in the bathroom and once again in the kitchen). If any employee was caught spitting or defiling food in anyway, they were fired immediately (I only saw it happen once in all 5 years). Food was kept on strict timers, yes, late at night occasionally those timers were not followed, so yeah, sometimes late at night your food won't be as fresh as it should be. And yes, most of the food is cooked from frozen and not "fresh" so there's that. McDonalds has sense switched to a procedure where now everything is made to order instead of pre-made, and for the most part you can see it being made. I ate McDonald's probably 10 meals a day for those 5 years, was never obese and was only slightly overweight which could be blamed on beer instead. I currently eat there probably about once a week now.

However Wendy's apple pecan salad is the hands down best fast food salad EVER.

Wrong, their Berry Almond Chicken Salad is superior.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    jesus.................

..........take the WHEEEEEEL.......
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options

All that googling and you could have at least bothered to look for a conviction.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    jesus.................

..........take the WHEEEEEEL.......

take the mic first though...
  • wheird
    Options

All that googling and you could have at least bothered to look for a conviction.

http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2006/052006/05272006/194559

Here ya go pumpkin.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    McDonald's does have whole eggs so I'd choose a regular egg and add an extra one on my breakfast sandwich. That's just me though. I love playing with fast food menus.
  • Greytfish
    Options

Here ya go pumpkin.

Make up your mind. Assault or battery.
  • wheird
    Options

Here ya go pumpkin.

Make up your mind. Assault or battery.

Grasp at dem straws!!
  • _John_
    Options
    EastwoodMyLawn.jpg
  • Greytfish
    Options
    McDonald's does have whole eggs so I'd choose a regular egg and add an extra one on my breakfast sandwich. That's just me though. I love playing with fast food menus.

You just have to remember to check which egg comes on which sandwich and that you can ask for the whole egg if the one you want doesn't have it. It used to be simpler before they started wanting to be more like Burger King.
  • Greytfish
    Options

Grasp at dem straws!!

No, not at all. You missed my point entirely, then made clear you didn't understand assault, so I decided to let you go on.
  • wheird
    Options

Grasp at dem straws!!

No, not at all. You missed my point entirely, then made clear you didn't understand assault, so I decided to let you go on.

Your point was that it would be silly to report someone putting bodily fluids in a customer's food to the police.
    But by all means, try to save face by calling MY understanding of something into question. :laugh:
  • Greytfish
    Options
    No, actually, it wasn't.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    still not convinced that eating fast food is ok! Look at the sodium alone!

Advocating the idea that fast food places are not so bad just fosters people to think it is ok to eat there. I do believe that eating at a fast food place is ok on occasion, I myself try to keep it at 1 or 2 times per year. But advocating three daily meals at mcD's is unhealthy and sets a bad example to young people.

I eat it 2-3x per day due to travelling. I am healthier than I have ever been.

Unfortunately health is not an immediate thing. Usually our lifestyle ( especially if it is prolonged ) in the present shows consequences 10-15-20 or more years in the future.....:o(.
  • zmbates81
    zmbates81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Zero potassium and double the sodium.

I guess for me weight loss is just a part of an overall healthy body and life..... losing weight with fast food is like tring to save money by using credit cards.
  • _John_
    Options
    Zero potassium and double the sodium.

I guess for me weight loss is just a part of an overall healthy body and life..... losing weight with fast food is like tring to save money by using credit cards.

a: none of the potassium was listed for those foods from mcdonalds, it doesn't mean the foods didn't have it.

b: many credit cards offer cashback rewards....you don't get cashback rewards buying everything with cash...
  • wheird
    Options

Advocating the idea that fast food places are not so bad just fosters people to think it is ok to eat there. I do believe that eating at a fast food place is ok on occasion, I myself try to keep it at 1 or 2 times per year. But advocating three daily meals at mcD's is unhealthy and sets a bad example to young people.

Unfortunately health is not an immediate thing. Usually our lifestyle ( especially if it is prolonged ) in the present shows consequences 10-15-20 or more years in the future.....:o(.

The largest health risk in most overweight people is their fat mass. So by losing weight, even via sub-"optimal" foods, they are obtaining the single greatest health benefit.
  • Greytfish
    Options
    That's the real sticking point in all of these fast food and "health" discussions - the tendency is to assume that everyone here is or has been overweight simply because many are/were.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

It's been 12 years since I worked at McDonald's and ate there 10 meals a week. Still doing fine.
  • _John_
    Options
    That's the real sticking point in all of these fast food and "health" discussions - the tendency is to assume that everyone here is or has been overweight simply because many are/were.

I picked a highly popular macronutritent ratio, and showed you how you could get a decently balanced diet just from the food McDonalds offers.

I picked 2000 cals because that is what is listed on food labels. I hit recommended micronutrients (that can be tracked with MFP) with ease save for iron (and a LOT of that is heme iron which will be more beneficial/more easily absorbed for someone needing iron, particularly with the vitamin C intake I demonstrated).