Options

Replies

• pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    vqkpz.gif
  • geraldwerner18
    Options
    I`m pretty sure the man wasn`t shot for texting, he was shot for whipping the retired cops a** during the altercation that arose because he was texting.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    No nutie... I'm saying that you are either obviously a troll or personality disordered. And yes, I am in a position to judge. And no, people with guns do not scare me as I am a military provider and work with people with weapons every day. People kill people. Short and long of it. Objects do not have minds of their own. And yes, "crazy" people will find way to kill people if they have a mind to do so. Look at the school knife killing in China. No guns involved. Many unfortuately dead children. Tell me, what great thing have you done for yourself and your nation that makes you so much better then everyone else and therefore not subject you to social rules of common courtesy?
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    If I break that rule, thats my right to do so knowing the risk and consequences. Its still my world Im living in. And you're sharing this world with me when I am in public. It is my personal choice to break that rule and it is my choice to risk the consequences.

Now if you try to judge me or control me and my freedom, you have crossed a whole different line and opened up a can of potential whoop *kitten* because you tried to violate me and my reality.

So it's OK for you to violate people's freedom, but not OK for them to violate yours? When you're the one breaking the rule in the first place, which is set up to make the world more pleasant for all of us to live in? But it's OK for you to be a rude jerk and it's not OK for me to point it out and ask you to stop?

Do you even think before you type?

I take it back. You don't need a history class. You need a logic class.

Also a debating class. When you stoop to personal insults, you lost.

Its a question of where ones' freedom starts and the other ends.

What I am arguing is that you are stretching your "freedoms" into another persons personal territory (checking their phone during a preview) and that if you go to a movie theater expect that there is potential for other peoples humanity to exist.

4 out of 5 times when you go to the movie you should be fine in peace and it will go smoothly. But just going out in a crowded area you should expect that you will encounter some human beings who aren't perfect, who didn't have a mother and father to raise them right, or maybe one of their parents died and are raised by a single parent with 2 jobs. Or who knows what?

Any reasonable person would expect that and anticipate to occasionally suffer certain public annoyances.

You paid that 12.75 for the ticket KNOWING there might be a disruption 1 in 5 times. But you still take the chance and go gather in a public place.

If you can't handle the public, you are sick and anti-social and need to separate yourself from others because you hate their existence so much because they don't subscribe to your world views.

Thats reality folks, people aren't perfect, laws aren't perfect, but we do the best with what we can. And the people who are wrong are the negative ones and the people who are right are the ones who try to exert positive energy even in the face of negativity.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    What I am arguing is that you are stretching your "freedoms" into another persons personal territory (checking their phone during a preview) and that if you go to a movie theater expect that there is potential for other peoples humanity to exist.

I'm pretty sure -- in fact, I'm certain -- that my right to watch the movie without unnecessary distractions trumps someone else's right to violate both the theater's established rules and societally-accepted manners.

Please, please, please, invest a couple hundred dollars in a college-level logic class. It will be worth it.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    If I asked everyone to stop doing everything that irritated me or has the potential to, rule or no, I'd NEVER stop asking people stop doing things!

I pretty much hate when people have crying babies in restaurants. Or even happy kids in general in places I deem "adult only", like a nice restaurant or the theater. I'd prefer adult-only flights too, hell, I'd spend extra for an adult only airline. I hate when people don't wipe down their gym equipment, and there's gym rules about that. But despite not liking it, I can either get angry and worked up and confrontational, or I can relax, realize that I can only control my own reaction, and still have a good time. Peacefully.

I just find it so mind-boggling to get this upset about it. There's billions of people in this world. But I can only control one.
  • rml_16
    Options
    If I asked everyone to stop doing everything that irritated me or has the potential to, rule or no, I'd NEVER stop asking people stop doing things!

I pretty much hate when people have crying babies in restaurants. Or even happy kids in general in places I deem "adult only", like a nice restaurant or the theater. I'd prefer adult-only flights too, hell, I'd spend extra for an adult only airline. I hate when people don't wipe down their gym equipment, and there's gym rules about that. But despite not liking it, I can either get angry and worked up and confrontational, or I can relax, realize that I can only control my own reaction, and still have a good time. Peacefully.

I just find it so mind-boggling to get this upset about it. There's billions of people in this world. But I can only control one.
    And you get to relax and ignore it because enough people speak up that it's not happening as often as it could. You're welcome.

As for the not wiping down equipment, you can speak to a gym staff member and that person can speak to the offender.

Just sayin'.
  • Salty_Sauce
    Salty_Sauce Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Texting in the theater doesn't bug me too much....................but talking on the phone while the movie is playing gets under my skin a bit :grumble:
  • nutellabrah
    Options

I'm pretty sure -- in fact, I'm certain -- that my right to watch the movie without unnecessary distractions trumps someone else's right to violate both the theater's established rules and societally-accepted manners.

Please, please, please, invest a couple hundred dollars in a college-level logic class. It will be worth it.

No, its not your right to go to a public place and expect everyone to conform.

Its likely that that will happen, that you will go to the theater and people will be civil. You are making a reasonable choice to pay the fee and expect that outcome will occur.

But if we are talking about pushing boundaries to their limits, no, its not your right. Because that would mean everyone else loses their "right" to break the rules if they so choose to. And if they choose to do so what will you do then?

Oh yeah, impose on their freedoms with your "freedoms"

Well you crossed the line at that point. And since due to the reality of human nature things could potentially get critically violent, it was stupid of you to try to do so.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    And you get to relax and ignore it because enough people speak up that it's not happening as often as it could. You're welcome.

As for the not wiping down equipment, you can speak to a gym staff member and that person can speak to the offender.

Just sayin'.

Or I can chill out, and wipe it down myself. It's not the end of the world. I don't need to tattle to the staff. Bigger issues in the world, and my life.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

4 out of 5 times when you go to the movie you should be fine in peace and it will go smoothly. But just going out in a crowded area you should expect that you will encounter some human beings who aren't perfect, who didn't have a mother and father to raise them right, or maybe one of their parents died and are raised by a single parent with 2 jobs. Or who knows what?

Any reasonable person would expect that and anticipate to occasionally suffer certain public annoyances.

Because thats reality. If you can't handle the public, you are sick and anti-social and need to separate yourself from others because you hate their existence so much because they don't subscribe to your world views.

No. Any reasonable person would expect the giant letters stating "DON'T TALK OR TEXT DURING THE MOVIE" would be enough to explain it to people. Even the particularly thick headed who drone on and on about nonsense to try to cover their lack of any kind of point.

So, don't text or talk during the movie. It's really that simple.

Don't tell me what to do. Its really that simple.
  • rml_16
    Options

Because thats reality. If you can't handle the public, you are sick and anti-social and need to separate yourself from others because you hate their existence so much because they don't subscribe to your world views.

No. Any reasonable person would expect the giant letters stating "DON'T TALK OR TEXT DURING THE MOVIE" would be enough to explain it to people. Even the particularly thick headed who drone on and on about nonsense to try to cover their lack of any kind of point.

I'm not. The movie theater management is.
  • rml_16
    Options

I don't have a right to my expectations, but you have a right to behave poorly?
  • rml_16
    Options

Its likely that that will happen, that you will go to the theater and people will be civil. You are making a reasonable choice to pay the fee and expect that outcome will occur.

But if we are talking about pushing boundaries to their limits, no, its not your right. Because that would mean everyone else loses their "right" to break the rules if they so choose to. And if they choose to do so what will you do then?

Oh yeah, impose on their freedoms with your "freedoms"

Well you crossed the line at that point. And since due to the reality of human nature things could potentially get critically violent, it was stupid of you to try to do so.
    I am BEGGING YOU to take a logic class. BEGGING.

"I have a right to behave like a jerk and you're violating my right to behave like a jerk by expecting me to not behave like a jerk."

That is what you're saying. Your conclusion is that people have more of a right to be jerks than others have to ask them to not be jerks. Please tell me where that makes any sense. You're not violating my right to peace by violating my peace, but I'm violating your right to be a jerk by asking you to respect my right to peace?
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Thats fine. You're gonna have to take it there.
  • Errrica91
    Errrica91 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty attached to my phone. And I've texted in a movie theater. I'm not sure how it could bother someone so much if you aren't making noise, and the screen is dim. And during the previews this happened? Damn. Florida is scary. He'll probably get off, especially since he's a former cop.

Exactly.
  • rml_16
    Options

Thats fine. You're gonna have to take it there.
    That's fine. And then I'll sit back and continue to enjoy the movie while you get tossed out and possibly banned from the premises.

You keep calling us all antisocial, yet you're exhibiting signs of all sorts of personality disorders. Those of us able to live peacably and well-mannered amongst each other are not the ones who are antisocial.

I also prescribe a basic psychology class. Gosh. You have a whole full-time load there.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options

Just going back on what you said, if your in a debate class and personal insults come from you......you lost;)
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    No nutie... I'm saying that you are either obviously a troll or personality disordered. And yes, I am in a position to judge. And no, people with guns do not scare me as I am a military provider and work with people with weapons every day. People kill people. Short and long of it. Objects do not have minds of their own. And yes, "crazy" people will find way to kill people if they have a mind to do so. Look at the school knife killing in China. No guns involved. Many unfortuately dead children. Tell me, what great thing have you done for yourself and your nation that makes you so much better then everyone else and therefore not subject you to social rules of common courtesy?

What, no answer nutie? I guess I'm right then. Go on being a jerk and using your rights to be a jerk. Someone else gave you that right. You can thank them later if you can get over yourself.