Texting in Movie Theater

Options

Replies

• My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I really want to know how Nutella thinks he's actually beaten Marines and SEALS. I really, really, really want to know this.

Its cause hes ingested my pee. Once you do that, you are pretty much Superman at that point.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    I really want to know how Nutella thinks he's actually beaten Marines and SEALS. I really, really, really want to know this.

Because they've been training for a few years, Ive been training for over ten?? And as for recoil this is why i have a sub-compact with some crazy good rounds (Ruger LC9+Critical Defense) and on top of everything i got the laser so its just epic.

But seriously Ive ran through whole teams of Marines and they are nothing special. Just to show you context of even further how a civilian would have no chance. The most dangerous opponents were the super agile teens with the crazy accuracy. Makes sense a hard to hit target who can hit you from odd angles because of nimbleness and speed and reflex.

Its a whole different league. Couple that with the fact I have been playing games like Counterstrike which simulate combat before Call of Duty was even a franchise yet. So its in my blood. Usually the nations special forces are 80% a product of their total support and intelligence system not so much the special talents of individuals. Those guys are like master preparers over anything. I more have mastered the art of reflex and aiming and shooting, overtaking spaces, mobility, spatial awareness -being in the real time logistical moment of a random encounter. Its like your whole body and mind has to be in tune like an athlete because in the heat of the moment, all the training goes out the window and all thats left is your instincts and your motor memory. Its the same with an MMA fight. You can't just read about it. You have to live it for years like I have and most of those people, quite frankly haven't been preparing and they are not ready for me. Nor many other kids younger than me who are full on sponsored pros.

Also Im sure al Queida terrorists never grew up playing paintball.

Or even playing in general come to think of it..
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    Options

Because they've been training for a few years, Ive been training for over ten?? And as for recoil this is why i have a sub-compact with some crazy good rounds (Ruger LC9+Critical Defense) and on top of everything i got the laser so its just epic.

But seriously Ive ran through whole teams of Marines and they are nothing special. Just to show you context of even further how a civilian would have no chance. The most dangerous opponents were the super agile teens with the crazy accuracy. Makes sense a hard to hit target who can hit you from odd angles because of nimbleness and speed and reflex.

Its a whole different league. Couple that with the fact I have been playing games like Counterstrike which simulate combat before Call of Duty was even a franchise yet. So its in my blood. Usually the nations special forces are 80% a product of their total support and intelligence system not so much the special talents of individuals. Those guys are like master preparers over anything. I more have mastered the art of reflex and aiming and shooting, overtaking spaces, mobility, spatial awareness -being in the real time logistical moment of a random encounter. Its like your whole body and mind has to be in tune like an athlete because in the heat of the moment, all the training goes out the window and all thats left is your instincts and your motor memory. Its the same with an MMA fight. You can't just read about it. You have to live it for years like I have and most of those people, quite frankly haven't been preparing and they are not ready for me. Nor many other kids younger than me who are full on sponsored pros.

Yup. Someone has done wayyyyyyyyyyy too many bong hits while playing Call of Duty. I blame your parents.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Yup. Someone has done wayyyyyyyyyyy too many bong hits while playing Call of Duty. I blame your parents.

Actually there exists a large amount of data that shows playing fast paced games improves hand-eye coordination, the ability to focus on the task at hand and your ability to make decisions since gaming improves your brains allocation of resources.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options

Actually there exists a large amount of data that shows playing fast paced games improves hand-eye coordination, the ability to focus on the task at hand and your ability to make decisions since gaming improves your brains allocation of resources.

Funny....I've heard the same thing about other recreational activities :wink:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

So verbal humiliation. Got'cha. And I'm the rude one. LOL! You're funny.

If you're going to take your phone out during a movie, and ignore people when asked to put it away, you can't later complain that people are being rude to you.

An example:

"I cut in front of these people in line and they said mean things to me! They're so rude!"

:noway:

But are you self-centered enough to now disturb everyone else's movie watching experience with your "rude begets rude" antics?
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    Up until this whole time I thought you were that woman in your previous avi. lol. I was like who is this crazy woman??
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I think it would be kind of fun to show your posts to my Special Forces and Marine Corps friends. But because they are MEN, they would simply laugh at you and move on because they know what they're capable of and don't need to brag about what they actually do (as opposed to your clear fantasy world) for attention.

I'd pay to see what you would do dropped into a situation like Marcus Luttrell and his team were in. Though you'd probably crap your pants and go AWOL long before you got there.
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    Options

oh-youre-really-good-at-call-of-duty.jpeg
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

You should probably learn how to spell it
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qaeda

and as for the video games: :laugh: sorry, couldn't resist. :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Exactly , I am not condoning the behavior I am just advocating we all need to be a little more tolerant.

Sums up my POV better than I have done. :drinker:
    Not that we should be shooting each other, but why do I have to tolerate rudeness?

It sounds like you *did* tolerate the rude behavior from your comment about your experience yesterday. ("Lone Survivor" looks like a good one from the previews.)

Sometimes life brings us challenges which lead to a cost-benefit analysis. In terms of public behavior, what we can control is our own behavior. It is *entirely* appropriate to notify the staff of a business about rude behavior. It is *sometimes* beneficial to politely notify the offender that your perception of their behavior is causing disruption. Sometimes that's all it takes. But what we can *NOT* control is the behavior of others. We can only choose how we react to it. :flowerforyou:

Not starting a fight doesn't mean I tolerated it. You bet I was throwing nasty looks in their direction and if it had continued, I would have said something. What they did was not OK. Part of not tolerating it is talking about it publicly, like we are now. It's a minor form of public shaming, which is the opposite of tolerance.

And, yes, the movie was good, but it was very difficult for me to watch. I spent a good deal of it crying with my face pressed against my fiance's shoulder. But I knew going in it would be like that. Just a warning if you have a tough time with things like that. It's a true story, so that makes it more difficult -- for me, anyway. I had thought about reading the book, but I don't know if I can now.

(I had to actually do some work at work lately. This thread is huge now!)

"Not starting a fight" or not reporting it to management is tolerating it.

You may be talking about it now, which is good. This is a good subject, but at the time, you tolerated it for the sake of peace. (or for whatever reason) Speaking in general terms, we *do* need to learn to be tolerant of others. But yes, if you paid money for entertainment and another patron is interfering with that, then it's a legitimate harm. Depending on the severity of the harm, there would come a point when you should not tolerate it and seek a peaceful solution. In this case, reporting the patrons to management is the best course, imo.

My husband is prior military and longtime peace activist. He really wants to see it, but it will probably be when it hits DVD. I am not a huge fan of military films, but...Mark Wahlberg. :bigsmile: :smokin: .
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    It sounds like you *did* tolerate the rude behavior from your comment about your experience yesterday. ("Lone Survivor" looks like a good one from the previews.)

Sometimes life brings us challenges which lead to a cost-benefit analysis. In terms of public behavior, what we can control is our own behavior. It is *entirely* appropriate to notify the staff of a business about rude behavior. It is *sometimes* beneficial to politely notify the offender that your perception of their behavior is causing disruption. Sometimes that's all it takes. But what we can *NOT* control is the behavior of others. We can only choose how we react to it. :flowerforyou:

Oh I absolutely can control the behavior of others in a movie theater.

If I'm sitting near you and you're texting I will make you stop. If you're talking I will make you shutup. I'm not missing half the movie to go find some pimply teenage usher either. I'll handle it myself. Not my fault some people are so rude.

Shut your phones off, people. It's common courtesy and the rules of going out to see a movie. And honestly, you're not near as important as you think you are. Life will go on without you tweeting for a couple hours.

:laugh:
  • rml_16
    Options
    [uote]My husband is prior military and longtime peace activist. He really wants to see it, but it will probably be when it hits DVD. I am not a huge fan of military films, but...Mark Wahlberg. [/quote]

Well, he's bloody and torn up through most of it. lol He was very good, though.

I have a friend who was an Air Force PJ and he's been super involved with a group of former Special Forces people in Texas and has spent some time with Marcus Luttrell. My friend is pretty impressed with him.

I like some military movies, depending on the subject. I like the ones that are based on true events, mostly. I thought this was an important one to see, but I knew it would be really rough for me.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I'm a supporter of "freedom of the press", but it seems to me that the press operates "too freely" these days. Reporters have become lax in fact-checking, proof-reading, and scruples. Maybe it's a mirror of society.

:laugh:

This is hilarious. Replacing journalism with sensationalism and/or propaganda has nothing to do with the 1st amendment. yes, most colleges have more accurate news articles in the school paper than most major newspapers today. But to claim it's because they have too much freedom is just silly.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    My husband is prior military and longtime peace activist. He really wants to see it, but it will probably be when it hits DVD. I am not a huge fan of military films, but...Mark Wahlberg.

Well, he's bloody and torn up through most of it. lol He was very good, though.

I have a friend who was an Air Force PJ and he's been super involved with a group of former Special Forces people in Texas and has spent some time with Marcus Luttrell. My friend is pretty impressed with him.

I like some military movies, depending on the subject. I like the ones that are based on true events, mostly. I thought this was an important one to see, but I knew it would be really rough for me.

Hmm..bloody and torn up....yep, wait for DVD. I do appreciate the ones where they are telling the truth, "Stop Loss" comes to mind.

But to be more on topic, we don't go to the theater much anymore, partly due to the expense, and partly because I don't like "the public" very much. When we are at home, we can smoke while watching, press pause for potty breaks or snack breaks, etc. We watch the film on our own terms and never have to worry if some a-hole is going to show up and block our view or make it impossible to hear. lol
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    A little tolerance is hard to come by, sometimes.

Are are, it seems, basic manners.

Agreed. Sometimes when someone in public demonstrates polite behavior, it's a pleasant surprise.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I can't wait until they ban cell phones in movie theaters completely. And huge groups of loud teenagers on Fridays and Saturdays.

A lot of theaters have begun catering to adults, making all films 18+ at night. (The one here also serves dinner and alcohol.)
  • rml_16
    Options
    I can't wait until they ban cell phones in movie theaters completely. And huge groups of loud teenagers on Fridays and Saturdays.

A lot of theaters have begun catering to adults, making all films 18+ at night. (The one here also serves dinner and alcohol.)
    We usually go during the week in the afternoon -- it's WAY cheaper ($5 at one theater and $.50 at the other) and it's also when the man is off work. He works all weekend, so it's tough. There aren't usually a lot of people, even for new releases. But sometimes -- especially in the summer -- there have been teenagers there and they are usually quiet and well-behaved. I haven't had an issue with them.

What we have seen an awful lot are parents bringing very small children and infants and not taking them out when they get restless. Ridiculous. And sometimes it's to movies they REALLY shouldn't be at (such as Lone Survivor -- there weren't any when we went, but I've seen small children at movies like it).

But I really enjoy going to the theater to see a movie. It's an experience I enjoy when there aren't jerks around seeming to think they are in their own living rooms.

One of the funniest stories is we went to see Much Ado About Nothing (excellent film!) and there was a woman in our row who was laughing strangely and loudly at everything. I mean EVERYTHING, including the wedding scene, which is not in the least funny or meant to be. I think she didn't understand it and was trying to make people think she did or something.