my hubby paying me to lose weight

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I just quoted your words.* You seem awfully happy to judge other people's little arrangements in their marriages and rage about it for hours. But sure, you tell yourself whatever you need to tell yourself when you're judging others.

* Which you deleted with an edit. That's a nice touch.

I deleted before anyone responded. You must have been typing your post when I deleted.

And yeah I've been "raging for hours." Look at me fuming, all over the place. I'm out of control.

You did get yourself in quite the knot earlier :flowerforyou:

I got mildly annoyed that someone on my friend list was straight-up mocking my opinion on a subject. The error has been corrected.

It did remove a good bit of unnecessary and unwanted drama on that other person's wall. :flowerforyou:

Yeah, my 7 or 8 posts in that one thread where he asked for opinions on the subject, combined with my grand total of zero other posts on that person's wall, was just an insane amount of unwanted unnecessary drama. It's a wonder you guys could even handle it.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Am I really the only one who finds this creepy?

NOPE. It seems way in the creepy zone for me. And let's be honest here... look at my picture... if it creeps me out it has to be really creepy.
  • PoisonDartFrog
    PoisonDartFrog Posts: 220 Member
    Options

Nope, I agree what a terrible way for your husband to show support. He is going to bribe you with family funds - which you are entitled to anyway to become healthy? What a creep.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I just quoted your words.* You seem awfully happy to judge other people's little arrangements in their marriages and rage about it for hours. But sure, you tell yourself whatever you need to tell yourself when you're judging others.

I deleted before anyone responded. You must have been typing your post when I deleted.

And yeah I've been "raging for hours." Look at me fuming, all over the place. I'm out of control.

I got mildly annoyed that someone on my friend list was straight-up mocking my opinion on a subject. The error has been corrected.

It did remove a good bit of unnecessary and unwanted drama on that other person's wall. :flowerforyou:

Yeah, my 7 or 8 posts in that one thread where he asked for opinions on the subject, combined with my grand total of zero other posts on that person's wall, was just an insane amount of unwanted unnecessary drama. It's a wonder you guys could even handle it.

I'm pretty sure no one asked your opinion. Like I said, self correcting error. :flowerforyou:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    first world problems…LOL
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure no one asked your opinion. Like I said, self correcting error. :flowerforyou:

I deleted you, not the other way around. Don't try to pretend that you didn't solicit opinions on the subject on a wall post. That you disagreed with me, and then mocked my opinion, doesn't change what happened.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    My MIL told me if I would lose the weight I had needed to lose, at the time my goal was 130 and currently at 120, but anyways, she said if I did it, she would give me $300.00 for new clothes. LOL I lost the weight, not for the money but I lost the weight and still haven't seen a penny. She had the nerve to tell me that she said it because she didn't believe I'd actually lose the weight so she thought she would never have to actually depart with that much money. Needless to say, I have never seen that money she promised me lol, good thing I didn't really expect to have that money and didn't do it for that money, honestly didn't really think about it till this thread title lol. I'm happy and healthy and that's worth more to me then the money.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

NOPE. It seems way in the creepy zone for me. And let's be honest here... look at my picture... if it creeps me out it has to be really creepy.

"^ LOL
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

I deleted you, not the other way around. Don't try to pretend that you didn't solicit opinions on the subject on a wall post. That you disagreed with me, and then mocked my opinion, doesn't change what happened.

Like I said, the error corrected itself.

I didn't solicit opinions on my wall post. I asked for clarifications when they were so readily slapped all over my wall. I called you "judgmental." If that is mocking you (and good lord am I ready to at this point), then so be it.
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    Options

me!:huh:
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    My hubby gave me a great incentive to lose weight. He said he would pay me for every pound i lost. 1-10 pounds $10 a pound. 11-20 pounds $15 a pound..21-30 pounds $20 a pound. Anything over 30 pounds $25 a pound. I need to lose 42 pounds. Gained the majority of the weight when i quit smoking. I can do this !!!'
    This is not an arrangement that would work for every couple, but if it works for you, go for it. Good luck!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I have mixed feelings about it. If the husband is genuinely doing this as an incentive to lose weight - a bit of fun and a reward - then that's ok.

If, on the other hand, he is doing this because HE is unhappy/embarrassed/uncomfortable with his wife's weight/the way she looks - then I would be really concerned by that.

Yeah, this.
    Not something I'd be comfy with, but it's not my home.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    this is the best incentive for someone to lose weight!

you can always substitute the money with a car holiday etc!

I am not at this stage where I need this as I love being healthy fit etc but I am going to tell my friend this to encourage his! :)
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I don't find it creepy at all.

BTW even some married couples choose to have separate accounts.
    I agree with this...and we have separate accounts as well.

There's a whole lot of judgmental people on here who like to get on a soapbox and think their relationship is so much better than someone else's

OP...good for you, and enjoy spending that money on new clothes when you get to your goal :drinker:

I agree with all of the above! My husband and I have separate accounts (plus a business account). It works for us. People can judge all they want, but I have a loving and supportive marriage and wouldn't change a thing.

Good luck OP!
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I can get $$ anytime I want, so it seems odd to me??? Is it like an allowance? Do you work?
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Really? First of all, when you're married it should be joint funds. Second, you will need at least that just to buy a new wardrobe.

Why, because you say so?
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    Really? First of all, when you're married it should be joint funds. Second, you will need at least that just to buy a new wardrobe.

Why, because you say so?

i dont see why anyone thinks they have the right to judge another household (unless they are a hoarder)
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Now to your point, my husband surprised me with an ipad mini a few months ago (no particular reason other than I had said I wanted one) and yes I'm aware that it's "our" money, but once again it was the gesture. I'm a tightwad and won't spend money on myself so my husband took matters into his own hands and went out and bought it.

So did it ever occur to you that perhaps the OP is a "tightwad" and her husband, in the course of her explaining her weight goals, said that he'd like to set aside some cash as she loses so that she can treat herself without guilt to a new wardrobe? We don't ALWAYS have to look for the ugly in every scenario.
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I wish my boyfriend had money to give me as an incentive. Alas, I control his money already and I make more than him.

Whatever works is great!
  • GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing, but then again I pay for everything on my own all the time, so I was completely caught off guard. lol