my hubby paying me to lose weight

Options

Replies

• JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Am I really the only one who finds this creepy?
    creepy...isn't it your money too?
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    and for the record, all men pay for sex. just not all transactions are of the monetary persuasion

Men who pay for sex are usually called 'Johns'.

Your worldview is... how shall I say this... interesting, to say the least. Good luck on your journey.
  • SheeshAsh
    Options
    Wow! I'd like that deal too lol. Good luck!
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    who in the hell is anyone to judge how to motivate someone. everyone is different in what they respond to. if she feels she will be motivated more to keep on track by a promise her husband made then so be it. and while most marriages the money is equal im getting the feeling the money he pays her is hers to do with as she wishes, not something that they have to sit down and figure out finances to see if it is feasible.

and for the record, all men pay for sex. just not all transactions are of the monetary persuasion
    umm...NO
  • kittykat925
    kittykat925 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

Your worldview is... how shall I say this... interesting, to say the least. Good luck on your journey.

Maybe her husband's name is John...
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I do not see how this could possibly end well.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I like you. A lot.

The last sentence in that guy's post explains the first paragraph.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    why not see it as a fund building up for a complete new wardrobe, or a good way to get you started.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    ****... I need to get married. does anyone want a cat?

Girl, your cat is why you ain't married, REMEMBER?

my cat takes like 5 points off my attractiveness rating, that *kitten* is OUT

I'll take it. At least then I have an excuse!
  • sweating_sweet_tea
    Options
    NO, I don't really like it either, besides it would be "OUR" money, and anyways my husband works out w/ me and supports the healthy meals I make, that's WAY better than his offering to pay me, It shows me that he truly supports me and im not just a "bet". but to each their own I guess.
  • kittykat925
    kittykat925 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

Maybe not. Maybe they have separate accounts...maybe he works a job where he can earn extra cash on the side...
    No one knows their situation.

and all the posts about it being "creepy" are creeping me out...lighten up, people! :tongue:
  • rml_16
    Options

Maybe not. Maybe they have separate accounts...maybe he works a job where he can earn extra cash on the side...
    No one knows their situation.

and all the posts about it being "creepy" are creeping me out...lighten up, people! :tongue:
    I guess if you enjoy your spouse behaving like your parent ...
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options

Totally shallow and creepy. Way to do it for all the right reasons.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    yea, because no woman has ever said, honey...if you do this ill do that
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    She is obviously doing this for herself! She has already said that. This is just a fun bonus on top of it. And yes, lots of couples have separate accounts. My friend and I set up mini-goals to reward ourselves. She posted about our rewards on here, and she got a lot of negative feedback for it. But, it worked for us! We had a makeover together when we hit 3 months of logging. We had a double date night when we both hit pounds down goals that we had set together. It was simply a way to have mini rewards along the way, and we kept each other motivated. Her husband probably knows that she LOVES to shop and doesn't typically spend money on herself, so it's a great motivator.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    If my husband made me this offer I would think he was implying rescinding the regular cash flow he provides me with and would feel like I was being grounded for being fat. And then having to earn back a fraction of my regular spends? Heck no.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    It is a bit odd, but regardless is shows that he support your weight loss journey big time.
    Many people constantly whining their spouse do not support them enough in their weight loss journey, but when somebody spouse shows support, all the sudden it is creepy ? WTF?

Although not pound by pound, I made monetary based incentive or rather reward for myself for reaching certain goals. I get myself a spa treatment/pedicure after every 5 lb.
    I also made my husband promise that he will take me to Aruba for an all inclusive luxury vacation if/when I reach normal weight. t The type of vacation I am aiming will cost our family $10K, and we can not afford that . But if I get to a state when I will be not ashamed to show my body in a bikini, I know my husband will make it happen.
  • rml_16
    Options
    yea, because no woman has ever said, honey...if you do this ill do that
    Did anyone ever claim that no woman ever said that?

However, not every woman has and not every relationship works that way. How sad for you if all of ours have. That speaks of the kind of person you attract -- assuming it isn't just a playful kind of thing. I do things for my SO because it makes me happy to make him happy and no other reason.
  • shira324
    shira324 Posts: 156 Member
    Options

No, I agree. I actually think this is pretty awful. Do you not have money of your own? You need your husband to give you money, like an allowance? It's also a demeaning concept. I had a friend whose parents paid her to lose weight and she had such a complex about it. She felt unloved and unworthy, like she was just a commodity that they needed to pump some cash into for improvements.

I try to stay away from the message boards, but this struck me as a particularly unhealthy idea. I hope the original poster has enough self-esteem to not let this get to her. I know a lot of people like to reward themselves with gifts and such at certain weight loss milestones, but that feels very, very different from having your spouse volunteer to pay you for losing the weight.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Totally shallow and creepy. Way to do it for all the right reasons.

Not me, I found it insulting, stingy, and totally out of bounds.