my hubby paying me to lose weight

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    yea, because no woman has ever said, honey...if you do this ill do that

For sex? Unless it's one sexual favor for another, then no. I'm not going to say, "Hey babe. I'll blow you if you take out the garbage and do the dishes tonight." not seriously anyways.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    FWIW, I started out with a monetary reward for every lb lost. But I soon realized that the thrill I get in seeing my body transform from large, soft and pudgy to smaller, firmer, stronger and sexy is so much more rewarding than the extra $680 in my pocket.

ETA: that's $20/lb
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    In for paid creepiness \m/
  • lufnoops
    Options
    Of course you can do it.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I do not see how this could possibly end well.

:laugh:

Everyone is different, I supposed.

Although, I do wonder what these husbands look like.
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with that!
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    "WHUH WHUH WHAT?!?! A woman who is motivated by money, uses motivation to beter herself and has a Husband who is supportive?!?! FEMBOTS UNITE!"
    tumblr_m89cxxglif1ro8ysbo1_500.gif
    God, its not like the OP's Hubby said, "Look Chubby, get off your *kitten* and do something about yourself or I'll cut off your allowance!". More than likely (and statistically supported) he makes more money than her (if not all the household income) and when she approached him with her desire to lose weight, he added an incentive for her. Jeebus, If that's wrong... I don't want to be right.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Am I really the only one who finds this creepy?

No. I'm right there with you.
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    My husband has offered sexual favors for every 2lbs I lose.

THIS is the kind of motivation I could get behind if my wife were to do that!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    yea, because no woman has ever said, honey...if you do this ill do that

For sex? Unless it's one sexual favor for another, then no. I'm not going to say, "Hey babe. I'll blow you if you take out the garbage and do the dishes tonight." not seriously anyways.

in fairness to do both it might take more than...nah...who am i kidding

ive heard plenty of stories of, well if you put up with the inlaws youll get some on the way home etc...just because "YOU" dont personally do it doesn't mean it doesnt happen (you meaning general you, not specific you)
  • RachelG2983
    Options
    Hey if her hubby wants to pay her for weight lost I'd say she should take it as a good thing. The sexual favors thing I read on here (sexual favors for each pound lost?) would totally offend me though - personally.

I'm doing a biggest loser contest at work - each week is a 25 dollar gift card to the winner of that week. It's 6 weeks - the winner of the whole deal gets 100 dollar gift card and 100 dollars in cash. Great way to encourage health in the work place and it's off of body percentage. I've done one of these before where I lost 10 pounds and I almost won but I gave up too early.

Not this time - I gotta keep it up! Whether I win or not I'm using it as a motivator to get back on track with my goals that I already set for myself months ago. It makes getting healthy more fun I think.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a win-win situation
  • slarobinson
    slarobinson Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    lol
  • justakiwi
    Options
    I have mixed feelings about it. If the husband is genuinely doing this as an incentive to lose weight - a bit of fun and a reward - then that's ok.

If, on the other hand, he is doing this because HE is unhappy/embarrassed/uncomfortable with his wife's weight/the way she looks - then I would be really concerned by that.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Do it for yourself and not for the money or your husband. My ex-husband and I had the same bet years ago. I saw it as an opportunity to get a new wardrobe and didn't have to use my own money. I did it. I "won". Just make sure he accepts you at any weight. And that a healthier you is your own goal and you're not seeking his approval of what is sexy or beautiful.

Good luck to you!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Good deal!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    and for the record, all men pay for sex. just not all transactions are of the monetary persuasion

Men who pay for sex are usually called 'Johns'.

Your worldview is... how shall I say this... interesting, to say the least. Good luck on your journey.

Do you want to get married?

You won't have to pay me to lose weight or have smexy times.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    and for the record, all men pay for sex. just not all transactions are of the monetary persuasion

Men who pay for sex are usually called 'Johns'.

Your worldview is... how shall I say this... interesting, to say the least. Good luck on your journey.

Do you want to get married?

You won't have to pay me to lose weight or have smexy times.

Let's do it.