my hubby paying me to lose weight

Options

Replies

• Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    My hubby just pays me for sex, and when I say my hubby I mean the guy I met at a bar last night.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    yea, because no woman has ever said, honey...if you do this ill do that

For sex? Unless it's one sexual favor for another, then no. I'm not going to say, "Hey babe. I'll blow you if you take out the garbage and do the dishes tonight." not seriously anyways.

I would. Why not? It's fun to bring a little foreplay into normal life.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

For sex? Unless it's one sexual favor for another, then no. I'm not going to say, "Hey babe. I'll blow you if you take out the garbage and do the dishes tonight." not seriously anyways.

in fairness to do both it might take more than...nah...who am i kidding

ive heard plenty of stories of, well if you put up with the inlaws youll get some on the way home etc...just because "YOU" dont personally do it doesn't mean it doesnt happen (you meaning general you, not specific you)

That's true. And some people have hooker fantasies/fetishes and nothing wrong with that. To each their own.

But in regards to losing weight, I'd rather her be encouraged to do this for herself rather than be dependent on money. If something were to happen to where she couldn't get the money or she found it not enough, then what? I think that's where some of the people who are disagreeing with this are coming from.
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Money can be great motivation. I've had great success with Gym Pact in the past.

With that said, my husband offering to pay me back my own money wouldn't be motivation for me, in the least. I earn. He earns. It belongs to both of us.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options

in fairness to do both it might take more than...nah...who am i kidding

ive heard plenty of stories of, well if you put up with the inlaws youll get some on the way home etc...just because "YOU" dont personally do it doesn't mean it doesnt happen (you meaning general you, not specific you)

I feel sorry for anyone who has to put up with "serious" bribery in their own marriage/relationship.

If my husband doesn't want to do something, whatever, I am not stooping to the levels of bribery. If I have to make him do something, I don't want him to do it at all.

If I don't want to do something, no bribery in the world will make me do it. Bribery would make me want to not do it even more.
  • mgorham13
    mgorham13 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You guys all know that unless you are ready and committed not even money can make you suddenly determined to lose weight unless we're talking thousands but even then your just doing it for the money. After you receive the reward are you really a changed person? My theory is if you really did change you probably won't even claim the prize because the new you will be all the reward you could ever need.

My wife could have offered me money, sex, golf trips etc none of it would have made a difference, it had to come from within me. Don't get me wrong I don't find it weird or creepy and assuming its a good relationship it's cute. I just think it can get old quick especially since OP looks good already and doesn't have that much to lose.
  • Focusisfab
    Options
    My husband WILL be paying me with a new wardrobe: He just does not know it yet ;-)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    "WHUH WHUH WHAT?!?! A woman who is motivated by money, uses motivation to beter herself and has a Husband who is supportive?!?! FEMBOTS UNITE!"
    tumblr_m89cxxglif1ro8ysbo1_500.gif
    God, its not like the OP's Hubby said, "Look Chubby, get off your *kitten* and do something about yourself or I'll cut off your allowance!". More than likely (and statistically supported) he makes more money than her (if not all the household income) and when she approached him with her desire to lose weight, he added an incentive for her. Jeebus, If that's wrong... I don't want to be right.

BTW... you can totally start paying for sex. I'm fine with that.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    If this works for you, then go for it!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I don't find it creepy at all.

BTW even some married couples choose to have separate accounts.
    I agree with this...and we have separate accounts as well.

There's a whole lot of judgmental people on here who like to get on a soapbox and think their relationship is so much better than someone else's

OP...good for you, and enjoy spending that money on new clothes when you get to your goal :drinker:
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    and for the record, all men pay for sex. just not all transactions are of the monetary persuasion

Yes, this is totally accurate, because obviously women HATE sex and will never have it without some sort of incentive.

Yep.

(In all seriousness, man, I feel bad for you if this is apparently the only type of woman you've ever encountered. That must truly suck?)
  • ZoeOnly
    ZoeOnly Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Am I really the only one who finds this creepy?

Nope, I'm right there with you. What an icky dynamic to set up in a relationship.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My husband has offered sexual favors for every 2lbs I lose.

My husband did something similar. But then he didn't want me to feel bad if I didn't lose, so he offered sexual favors on days with no loss as well. And, since turn about is fair play, he graciously said he'd allow me to pay him with sexual favors if I gained. He's very supportive like that. :tongue:
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    This is not creepy if in the right context. Even though my husband and I share our money, we each get a set amount each month for our personal money to do whatever we want with it. It is not my "allowance" - we decided on a spending limit together so that we can meet financial goals (pay extra on our mortgage, student loans etc) and I get more than him each month. Its called budgeting. I don't see how this is much different than when my husband and I decided that we would temporarily change our budget to allow for me to have personal training sessions to motivate me to get back in the gym.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    OP, if this is a good incentive for you, then great! If it is a nice way of your husband to give you carte blanche with money that would otherwise be saved or spent on the both of you or himself, then great! If it is a way for you two to have a little fun with your weight loss, then great!

Your relationship is your own. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is more about making it fun than him actually "giving" you money that you wouldn't otherwise be allowed to touch. It might also be his way of saying he's going to help save for your new wardrobe when you lose down to your goal.

Now, if you're tied in the basement and only get to use the internet 3 minutes a day, and he feeds you from cans as you say "thank you Sir, may I have another bite?", and he's offering you money under those circumstances, then it's creepy. Or, if you're into those sorts of things, then one person's creepy is another person's Saturday night.

People, there's creepy, and then there's fun. This is just an example of a couple trying to find a way to make weight loss fun.
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    This thread right here is why people need to lose weight for themselves, not other people or things.

:huh:

Thanks. I had no idea I should be losing weight for myself. That helps a ton.

Of course we are losing weight for ourselves. It's just fun to add another dynamic to it, especially since I'm very close to goal already and weight loss is slow and frustrating. :drinker:

Is it frustrating because if you hit that plateau, you dont get any favors? You never did answer.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Although getting paid to lose weight would be a fun incentive it wouldn't have worked for me, my husband and I share all our money so it would be like paying myself!

What I did was declared that we would not go on another vacation until I hit my goal weight. It was a great incentive for me and my husband was more than happy to lend his support...he was dying to have a vacation! BTW, we went on a cruise right before xmas, a month after I hit goal!

So say your husband buys you a birthday or anniversary gift - do you not appreciate it because you two share all your money?
    Totally agree!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Although getting paid to lose weight would be a fun incentive it wouldn't have worked for me, my husband and I share all our money so it would be like paying myself!

What I did was declared that we would not go on another vacation until I hit my goal weight. It was a great incentive for me and my husband was more than happy to lend his support...he was dying to have a vacation! BTW, we went on a cruise right before xmas, a month after I hit goal!

So say your husband buys you a birthday or anniversary gift - do you not appreciate it because you two share all your money?

I personally would not appreciate getting cash as a gift from my husband.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Am I really the only one who finds this creepy?

lol No, you're not...