Nobel Prize Winner picks Diet of the Future

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Reminds me a little of Gordon. Rex, do you believe you have time traveled? Just curious.
  • I predict and believe that the farm to fork philosophy will rise exponentially faster.

I certainly prefer the farm to fork philosophy. I hate all the bigotry surrounding individual food philosophies.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    In case anyone missed it, Joy_Joy_ posted a link to a refutation of Dr. Roberts:

http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/we-are-not-herbivores.html#.Utr-uXn8VNV
  • No one could be a healthy vegan without the convenience of modern technology unless maybe you live at the equator where plant life is abundant year round
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Hey! You know what this thread needs? Even more derp because, you know, there just isn't enough.

6a012876c6c7fb970c01901f018e69970b-320wi_zps63607693.gif
  • Okay this is my last post, and only because Joy put up that ridiculous refutation of Roberts.

First you should know that the author of that article has his own high fat meat eating organization. He also died of a heart attack at age 77, which is a remarkable old age for a meat eater.

livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/low-carb-high-fat-diet-guru-barry-groves-77-passes-away/18318

Second, if you look at the cites you will see his animal studies pretty much all come from a 1969 study of zoo deaths, and not a single one of the creatures who died in the study had cholesterol plaque buildup that occluded the arteries. That is in fact what Dr Roberts talked about, so the studies were immaterial.

Finally, I apologize to all of you for bringing you information you were not capable of understanding. I won't do it again. And if SonofBeach was a Wharton or Penn Law School professor I am the queen of Spain. Have fun with that. You are all juvenile enough to play with that and entertain yourselves for hours. This is my last post on this board;
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    I hope this is true as well OP :smile: :bigsmile:
  • Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    Veganism is only possible due to modern agriculture, therefore how is it the way we are supposed to eat?
    So carnivores would survive without agriculture? That's funny.

of course they would - you don't need modern agriculture to hunt :noway:

and there is that small matter of B12.

Right. I forgot the average carnivore Hunts. That's also funny.
    Not sure and not gonna google it but I think we solved the whole B12 thing in the 90's or 80's?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Okay this is my last post, and only because Joy put up that ridiculous refutation of Roberts.

First you should know that the author of that article has his own high fat meat eating organization. He also died of a heart attack at age 77, which is a remarkable old age for a meat eater.

livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/low-carb-high-fat-diet-guru-barry-groves-77-passes-away/18318

Second, if you look at the cites you will see his animal studies pretty much all come from a 1969 study of zoo deaths, and not a single one of the creatures who died in the study had cholesterol plaque buildup that occluded the arteries. That is in fact what Dr Roberts talked about, so the studies were immaterial.

Finally, I apologize to all of you for bringing you information you were not capable of understanding. I won't do it again. And if SonofBeach was a Wharton or Penn Law School professor I am the queen of Spain. Have fun with that. You are all juvenile enough to play with that and entertain yourselves for hours. This is my last post on this board;

And the queen has left the building :drinker:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Veganism is only possible due to modern agriculture, therefore how is it the way we are supposed to eat?

Not sure and not gonna google it but I think we solved the whole B12 thing in the 90's or 80's?

Yes, through the use of modern chemical engineering.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Hey VegesaurusRex, have you evolved to digest cellulose yet?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    What's reall sad is a grown adult of 70 years old so desperately clinging to where he went to undergrad as evidence of something.
  • Iron_Feline

And the average Vegan grows all their food?

Yes, with SCIENCE - you cannot be a vegan without scientific intervention. That seems to suggest we aren't suppose to be vegans :noway:

EDIT: sorry forgot I was ignoring you. :laugh:
  • Iron_Feline
    What's reall sad is a grown adult of 70 years old so desperately clinging to where he went to undergrad as evidence of something.

And that while we should just believe that he went there (like we care) he refuses to believe that someone else could have lectured there. Sad.
  • Okinawa has the most centarians in the world and they eat meat. Not as much as Americans do (but we eat a lot of everything in general for that matter) but they aren't 100% vegan. Vegan is not a cure all and not everyone does well on those diets
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Okay this is my last post, and only because Joy put up that ridiculous refutation of Roberts.

Once again you demonstrate your intelligence when you fail to understand basic concepts such as the difference between lecturing and being a professor at a school. Thanks for playing.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Sorry I'll stick to my chicken if it's all the same to you. I've got no plans to stop eating meat regardless of what someone claims will be the 'diet' of the future.... notice the word DIET. Diet suggest short term.

At least no names were mentioned in THIS topic.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member

Umm, reading comp fail.

He said he lectured there, not that he was a professor.

Hope the door doesn't hit your Royal Highness' *kitten* on the way out.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Personally, I think the diet of the future will be an all water diet, provided we learn moderation and don't get too fat from it. *nods* true story
  • Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member

Yes, through the use of modern chemical engineering.

Spirulina?