Nobel Prize Winner picks Diet of the Future

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    No problem. I knew you couldn't do it It was only a matter of when you would admit that you didn't know what you were talking about.

This from the guy who clearly states on his profile that he doesn't know how to edit his profile. I mean, if we're attacking intellect now...
    OP is 70 years old, I am sure the nice lady at the Nursing Home didn't have time to show him everything about the computer. Oh, and recreation time is almost up.

Yup, I'm 70, I have a black belt in Shaolin Kempo Karate, and I work out 4 times a week. I am vegan and never see a doctor, except for check ups. I have three university degrees. Anything else you would like to know?

lol - this OP keeps delivering the internetz . . .

Three degrees in this case = a lot of wasted money.

There are quite a few cheap "universities" out there "educating" the uneducable. This thread is a great example of why we need to bring back trade schools. Or why one does not believe French models on the Internet. Either or . . .

My undergaduate university was the University of Pennsylvania. How many people on this board do you think could get into Penn?

Somehow I highly doubt someone of your limited intelligence went to Penn. I have lectured there. You keep making the same basic logical mistake and are clearly not understanding it.

tumblr_mqy9abqAv61rkuidwo1_500.gif

Oh, I went to Penn alright. I am pretty sure you did not. What exactly did you lecture on at Penn? And when?

Are you really 70? Because if you are, then you'll note the age differences between you and Sun. So why would you know if he really lectured there or not? Do you know every single lecturer since you attended? That's just..a bit weird.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member

No you get a cigar because you have demonstrated that the word "omnivore" doesn't mean anything. And Carnivore was the source for for the word carnivore, although technically as you pointed out, not all members of that order are pure carnivores. However, using Dr Robert's definition, all members of the Carnivora order are indeed carnivores. See how easy and logical it is?

I think I'll stick to the scientific definition - not one man's opinion. An opinion that is considered wrong by the scientific community.

See how easy and logical that is?

ps the italicised part - I think you spelt a word wrong there mr penn. :laugh:

I wish people would let me make up definitions to things to suit my purposes.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    This is incredibly absurd. Arguing that you're smarter based on what university you went to? Seriously?

Veganism for health purposes is dumb. The only reasonable reasons for veganism are ethical.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    So, still nothing on the digestive tracts which really is evidence of what an animal eats and their classification as an herbivore or omnivore?
  • Ummm....wow. That's not what I did at all and just because that Dr. Robert "says" all members are Carnivora are carnivores doesn't make it so. This is like people saying FACT even when it isn't.

Sorry. You don't get to give out cigars.

Just to be precise, Dr Roberts did not claim members of carnivora were carnivores. He gave a precise definition for what a herbivore is, however, and if you have a better one, I would very much like to hear it. Omnivore is a meaningless term. It doesn't mean anything, and no one can define it. (A creature that can eat both plants and animals? Meaningless definiton. All creatures can do that..)
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member

No you get a cigar because you have demonstrated that the word "omnivore" doesn't mean anything. And Carnivore was the source for for the word carnivore, although technically as you pointed out, not all members of that order are pure carnivores. However, using Dr Robert's definition, all members of the Carnivora order are indeed carnivores. See how easy and logical it is?

I think I'll stick to the scientific definition - not one man's opinion. An opinion that is considered wrong by the scientific community.

Oh yes - my life would be a damn sight easier. :grumble:
  • Iron_Feline
    You gotta love vegan propaganda - if we keep saying it it will magically become true. :laugh:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member

Oh yes - my life would be a damn sight easier. :grumble:

I can see it now

Boss: Hey, what are you doing?

Me: Candy Crush bro.

Boss: You're supposed to be working!

Me: According to the Achrya's definition Candy Crush Saga is work. Furthermore you're really hindering my process right now.

Boss: Oh. I see. Well if that's how work is now defined how can I argue? *walks away*
  • PikaKnight
    Ummm....wow. That's not what I did at all and just because that Dr. Robert "says" all members are Carnivora are carnivores doesn't make it so. This is like people saying FACT even when it isn't.

Sorry. You don't get to give out cigars.

Just to be precise, Dr Roberts did not claim members of carnivora were carnivores. He gave a precise definition for what a herbivore is, however, and if you have a better one, I would very much like to hear it. Omnivore is a meaningless term. It doesn't mean anything, and no one can define it. (A creature that can eat both plants and animals? Meaningless definiton. All creatures can do that..)

It's not a matter of "can". People and even herbivores could turn cannibalistic if it means survival. It's a matter of what the diet is solely based of. I think you really need to do more research and understand the terms you are throwing around.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Holy lack of logic Batman. Carnivora != carnivore.

Way to make yourself look as smart as a dry stick.
  • Are you really 70? Because if you are, then you'll note the age differences between you and Sun. So why would you know if he really lectured there or not? Do you know every single lecturer since you attended? That's just..a bit weird.

How the hell would I know how old he is. I don't look at anyones bio here. I really don't care.

But he claims he lectured at may Alma Mater. That was a gratuitous comment so I would like to know what he lectured in.
  • Iron_Feline
    Are you really 70? Because if you are, then you'll note the age differences between you and Sun. So why would you know if he really lectured there or not? Do you know every single lecturer since you attended? That's just..a bit weird.

How the hell would I know how old he is. I don't look at anyones bio here. I really don't care.

But he claims he lectured at may Alma Mater. That was a gratuitous comment so I would like to know what he lectured in.

I'd like to know what your degrees are in.

and the comment was not gratuitous - you said you went to Penn and doubt many on these boards could have gone there - he was just proving you wrong.

Nothing gratuitous about that.

So not English then.
  • PikaKnight

I'd like to know what your degrees are in.

*nod nod*
  • SashleyA
    SashleyA Posts: 122 Member
    Ok, I've been slowly watching this thread's **** show and have this to say. I lose respect immediately for anyone who says "I went to x school. I bet you couldn't even get in there" as proof of intelligence. People can get into schools for a lot of reasons, it doesn't mean they learned anything. Meanwhile, someone can go to crappy nowhereville school with no prestige and get a better education than at a prestigious school.
  • PikaKnight
    Ok, I've been slowly watching this thread's **** show and have this to say. I lose respect immediately for anyone who says "I went to x school. I bet you couldn't even get in there" as proof of intelligence. People can get into schools for a lot of reasons, it doesn't mean they learned anything. Meanwhile, someone can go to crappy nowhereville school with no prestige and get a better education than at a prestigious school.

George W Bush graduated from Yale. Just saying >.>.
  • It's not a matter of "can". People and even herbivores could turn cannibalistic if it means survival. It's a matter of what the diet is solely based of. I think you really need to do more research and understand the terms you are throwing around.

I am sorry. You've been so helpful here, but I think it is you who needs to understand the terms. You just said that herbivores could be cannibalistic, but that the definition is what their diet is based solely on. You don't see the contradiction? Virtually all animals are omnivores, meaning they can eat both plant and animals. Dr Roberts gave a precise definition of a herbivore. It is a useful scientific definition. Saying that a herbivore is a creature that eats plants except when it doesn't is a useless definition. Sorry.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    So not English then.

Oh! Let's try to guess through elimination!

Nothing requiring lots of research...
  • Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    [/quote]

So what are these incisor teeth that humans have for? Gnashing broccoli?
    [/quote]

Oh don't worry they will disappear once we evolve to the next level.
    Herbivore that is.
    But the tonsils and appendix may go first.
  • PikaKnight
    It's not a matter of "can". People and even herbivores could turn cannibalistic if it means survival. It's a matter of what the diet is solely based of. I think you really need to do more research and understand the terms you are throwing around.

I am sorry. You've been so helpful here, but I think it is you who needs to understand the terms. You just said that herbivores could be cannibalistic, but that the definition is what their diet is based solely on. You don't see the contradiction? Virtually all animals are omnivores, meaning they can eat both plant and animals. Dr Roberts gave a precise definition of a herbivore. It is a useful scientific definition. Saying that a herbivore is a creature that eats plants except when it doesn't is a useless definition. Sorry.

Does Dr. Robert mention anything about kool aid by chance?
  • PikaKnight
    Even though not a fear mongering thread, I still think this quote deserves to be here.

"Unfortunately, research-based refutation of fear mongering tends to be ineffective as those who are most prone to succumbing to such in the first place are also the least likely to apply critical thinking." - Wonderpug from bb.com via Sidesteel