Nobel Prize Winner picks Diet of the Future

Replies

• Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Okay this is my last post, and only because Joy put up that ridiculous refutation of Roberts.

First you should know that the author of that article has his own high fat meat eating organization. He also died of a heart attack at age 77, which is a remarkable old age for a meat eater.

livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/low-carb-high-fat-diet-guru-barry-groves-77-passes-away/18318

Second, if you look at the cites you will see his animal studies pretty much all come from a 1969 study of zoo deaths, and not a single one of the creatures who died in the study had cholesterol plaque buildup that occluded the arteries. That is in fact what Dr Roberts talked about, so the studies were immaterial.

Finally, I apologize to all of you for bringing you information you were not capable of understanding. I won't do it again. And if SonofBeach was a Wharton or Penn Law School professor I am the queen of Spain. Have fun with that. You are all juvenile enough to play with that and entertain yourselves for hours. This is my last post on this board;

I'm pretty sure that the fact that you've gotten both his name and his claim wrong, along with the constant backpedaling regarding the carnivora/carnivore issue, it's a clear indication of why no one has been capable of understanding your "information". You're unable to comprehend it and present it in a cogent manner yourself.
  • Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    No one could be a healthy vegan without the convenience of modern technology unless maybe you live at the equator where plant life is abundant year round

That can't be true.
  • Rex: You said you were gonna leave and then you came back to make more incoherent, fingers-in-ears arguments. What happened?

"This is the worst thread"

You're still here.

You seemed to have missed the part where I never got all huffy and said how I was gonna leave only to return two minutes later in an attempt to jerk myself off over my superior intelligence/eating habits/ability to watch Youtube videos and not listen to reason and admit when I'm wrong. Thanks for trying, though. :drinker:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    No one could be a healthy vegan without the convenience of modern technology unless maybe you live at the equator where plant life is abundant year round

That can't be true.
    How would you get enough calories to sustain life on a vegan diet without modern agriculture? Think your just going to stumble across acres of fields of fruits, veggies, and tubers
  • Sunka1
    Veganism is only possible due to modern agriculture, therefore how is it the way we are supposed to eat?
    So carnivores would survive without agriculture? That's funny.

of course they would - you don't need modern agriculture to hunt :noway:

and there is that small matter of B12.

Right. I forgot the average carnivore Hunts. That's also funny.
    Not sure and not gonna google it but I think we solved the whole B12 thing in the 90's or 80's?

And the average Vegan grows all their food?

Yes, with SCIENCE - you cannot be a vegan without scientific intervention. That seems to suggest we aren't suppose to be vegans :noway:

EDIT: sorry forgot I was ignoring you. :laugh:

Everything you write is funny.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member

That can't be true.
    I guess you aren't familiar with the Inuit then?
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    I would also like to know how "meat will be expensive" is an argument in favor of people being herbivores.

Perhaps third world hunger is an argument in favor of people not needing to eat?

Or that we need to stop feeding all our food to animals so we can eat them.

Oh boy.
    Where did you go to school?
  • Sunka1
    Rex: You said you were gonna leave and then you came back to make more incoherent, fingers-in-ears arguments. What happened?

"This is the worst thread"

You're still here.

You seemed to have missed the part where I never got all huffy and said how I was gonna leave only to return two minutes later in an attempt to jerk myself off over my superior intelligence/eating habits/ability to watch Youtube videos and not listen to reason and admit when I'm wrong. Thanks for trying, though. :drinker:

Easy there. You're getting all huffy at me.
  • Sunka1

That can't be true.
    How would you get enough calories to sustain life on a vegan diet without modern agriculture? Think your just going to stumble across acres of fields of fruits, veggies, and tubers

Just saying it's possible.
  • No one could be a healthy vegan without the convenience of modern technology unless maybe you live at the equator where plant life is abundant year round

That can't be true.
    yeah...grocery stores that offer veggies and fruit year round even in winter year among other things...and even then it's still work to make sure you're eating a wide variety of plants to get all the nutrients you need.
  • jeardawg
    jeardawg Posts: 110 Member
    Okay this is my last post, and only because Joy put up that ridiculous refutation of Roberts.

First you should know that the author of that article has his own high fat meat eating organization. He also died of a heart attack at age 77, which is a remarkable old age for a meat eater.

livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/low-carb-high-fat-diet-guru-barry-groves-77-passes-away/18318

Second, if you look at the cites you will see his animal studies pretty much all come from a 1969 study of zoo deaths, and not a single one of the creatures who died in the study had cholesterol plaque buildup that occluded the arteries. That is in fact what Dr Roberts talked about, so the studies were immaterial.

Finally, I apologize to all of you for bringing you information you were not capable of understanding. I won't do it again. And if SonofBeach was a Wharton or Penn Law School professor I am the queen of Spain. Have fun with that. You are all juvenile enough to play with that and entertain yourselves for hours. This is my last post on this board;

You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.....Inego Montoya

I applaud you for following your beliefs, but your argument lacks a bit in polish.
  • tjd59
    tjd59 Posts: 1 Member
    Order one for me. Just hold the bun.
  • Sunka1
    I would also like to know how "meat will be expensive" is an argument in favor of people being herbivores.

Perhaps third world hunger is an argument in favor of people not needing to eat?

Or that we need to stop feeding all our food to animals so we can eat them.

Oh boy.
    Where did you go to school?

Now now missy. You know better than to ask that.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Veganism is only possible due to modern agriculture, therefore how is it the way we are supposed to eat?

Not sure and not gonna google it but I think we solved the whole B12 thing in the 90's or 80's?

Yes, through the use of modern chemical engineering.

Spirulina?

Spirulina is not considered to be a reliable source of Vitamin B12. Spirulina supplements contain predominantly pseudovitamin B12, which is biologically inactive in humans.[11] Companies which grow and market spirulina have claimed it to be a significant source of B12 on the basis of alternative, unpublished assays, although their claims are not accepted by independent scientific organizations. The American Dietetic Association and Dietitians of Canada in their position paper on vegetarian diets state that spirulina cannot be counted on as a reliable source of active vitamin B12.[12] The medical literature similarly advises that spirulina is unsuitable as a source of B12.[11][13]

Try again :laugh:
  • Sunka1

That can't be true.
    yeah...grocery stores that offer veggies and fruit year round even in winter year among other things...and even then it's still work to make sure you're eating a wide variety of plants to get all the nutrients you need.

Keep forgetting all carnivores hunt.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member

That can't be true.

It's not, because you still need B12 supplements.
  • Sunka1

Yes, through the use of modern chemical engineering.

Spirulina?

Spirulina is not considered to be a reliable source of Vitamin B12. Spirulina supplements contain predominantly pseudovitamin B12, which is biologically inactive in humans.[11] Companies which grow and market spirulina have claimed it to be a significant source of B12 on the basis of alternative, unpublished assays, although their claims are not accepted by independent scientific organizations. The American Dietetic Association and Dietitians of Canada in their position paper on vegetarian diets state that spirulina cannot be counted on as a reliable source of active vitamin B12.[12] The medical literature similarly advises that spirulina is unsuitable as a source of B12.[11][13]

Try again :laugh:

Alfalfa, bladder wrack, hops!

Yippy. Beer with that bacon cheese burger!
  • Sunka1

That can't be true.

It's not, because you still need B12 supplements.

Shame shame. Your not keeping up.

And goodnight.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    VegRex - Okay this is my last post

160806y4rlo4045440555l.gif
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    It's amazing two separate people with the same argument both fail at the same aspect of quoting other posters.