Just an observation....almost scared to post!

Options

Replies

• My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    omg is this thread still going? where are the cat gifs???????????? I need some more cat gifs!

IN for wet bunny gifs

h69CD61FB
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    If you think this place is mean, I recommend that you never post anything on the internet. Ever.

Because this place is rainbows and sunshine compared to most.

If you want to brave the waters, pay attention to what you write, and be careful not to come across as snippy - it's easy to do. We rely on tone of voice and facial expression to communicate more than you'd think, and when we can't use either one, well, mistakes get made by reader and writer alike. If you ask for advice, don't turn around and make excuses for why no one's advice will work for you. If you make a mistake, own up to it. Don't keep insisting you're right. And don't post the same thing as another post on the main page. That's just annoying.

Mainly, relax. Don't take things personally. We don't know you, and you don't know us. Don't make our comments any more important than they should be.

43591-THIS-gif-ECaV.gif

I've been on *lots* of internet forums, like, ever since there *was* an internet. There has only been *one* forum I've been on that was as nice as this community, and it no longer exists. (It poofed in 2002 :ohwell:)

The mods are *all over* any kind of insult that happens here. All anyone has to do is click "report post," and if someone is insulting another member, they are violating the ToS and the mods will deal with it.

And yes, don't take things personally! Seriously!
    This pic was when Dean was singing eye of the tiger:)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    LOL I am waiting for the wolf pack to jump in...

On page one, but there has better be a Hangover gif in response to this! Don't let me down!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Back in for bullying cats.
    bully-cat-dragging-a-dog.gif
    cat_d1df47_348475.jpg

funny-gifs-bully-cat-stuffs-cat-in-box.gif

117.gif.pagespeed.ce.ZNIVAeWfmt.gif

T1wG2x9.gif

the_definitive_collection_of_cat_44.gif
    cat_swirly1.jpg
    cat_9b9d6f_2817754.jpg
  • Levesque_7
    Options
    cat_d1df47_348475.jpg

T1wG2x9.gif

cat_swirly1.jpg
    cat_9b9d6f_2817754.jpg

Ask and you shall recieve~Thank you, thank you, thank you
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    cat_d1df47_348475.jpg

T1wG2x9.gif

cat_swirly1.jpg
    cat_9b9d6f_2817754.jpg

Funny-Cat-Gifs-25.gif
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    cat_d1df47_348475.jpg

T1wG2x9.gif

cat_swirly1.jpg
    cat_9b9d6f_2817754.jpg

Funny-Cat-Gifs-25.gif
    Cats-vs-Dogs.gif
  • Cirsium
    Cirsium Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I haven't been posting or even reading these posts very much until recently, but wow.....has anyone else noticed how mean people can be? I'm afraid to ask any questions for fear of being ridiculed for being utterly ignorant about how my own body works. Yes, I'd like to lose weight; Yes, I realize it takes hard work and dedication; Yes, I am HUMAN and make mistakes, excuses, missteps, etc. No one is perfect.

As I said, just an observation.

Yep, seems to be what people are on here for. If you want good advice and a forum where people respect each other, this isn't it :(

Then you'll never find it. MFP is one of the most respectful and tamest forums you'll ever come across.

Wrong. You've assumed I don't use other forums.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    we've gotten away from what is important here:

98.gif

Holy crap - I just noticed that that was bread.

See - carbs *are* evil!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If you think this place is mean, I recommend that you never post anything on the internet. Ever.

Because this place is rainbows and sunshine compared to most.

If you want to brave the waters, pay attention to what you write, and be careful not to come across as snippy - it's easy to do. We rely on tone of voice and facial expression to communicate more than you'd think, and when we can't use either one, well, mistakes get made by reader and writer alike. If you ask for advice, don't turn around and make excuses for why no one's advice will work for you. If you make a mistake, own up to it. Don't keep insisting you're right. And don't post the same thing as another post on the main page. That's just annoying.

Mainly, relax. Don't take things personally. We don't know you, and you don't know us. Don't make our comments any more important than they should be.

43591-THIS-gif-ECaV.gif

I've been on *lots* of internet forums, like, ever since there *was* an internet. There has only been *one* forum I've been on that was as nice as this community, and it no longer exists. (It poofed in 2002 :ohwell:)

The mods are *all over* any kind of insult that happens here. All anyone has to do is click "report post," and if someone is insulting another member, they are violating the ToS and the mods will deal with it.

And yes, don't take things personally! Seriously!
    This pic was when Dean was singing eye of the tiger:)

Yep, Yep! :flowerforyou:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I haven't been posting or even reading these posts very much until recently, but wow.....has anyone else noticed how mean people can be? I'm afraid to ask any questions for fear of being ridiculed for being utterly ignorant about how my own body works. Yes, I'd like to lose weight; Yes, I realize it takes hard work and dedication; Yes, I am HUMAN and make mistakes, excuses, missteps, etc. No one is perfect.

Yep, seems to be what people are on here for. If you want good advice and a forum where people respect each other, this isn't it :(

Then you'll never find it. MFP is one of the most respectful and tamest forums you'll ever come across.

I see no evidence of her assuming anything. I see you jumping to conclusions, though.

Here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1181322-i-just-have-to-accept-that-i-will-always-be-fat
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1181287-i-think-i-m-aiming-for-too-much-protein
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1181402-stronglifts-for-women

Those are just a few that I've run into today.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

tumblr_mycoih42DC1rziwwco1_250.gif
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    LslxG.gif
  • mrsduke2924
    mrsduke2924 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    omg is this thread still going? where are the cat gifs???????????? I need some more cat gifs!

IN for wet bunny gifs

h69CD61FB

Please, PLEASE more wet bunny gifs - I beg you kind forum goers
    This was a whole new kind of awesome :laugh:
  • Achrya
    Options
    Of course people are mean on here.. Most are starving and cranky!! :explode: LOL!! :tongue:

Idk. I'm pretty mean and my 1700-1900 calories a day would suggest I'm not all that hungry. On the other hand I do see a lot of people on lower calorie diets crying into their boiled chicken breast about bullies.

Just an observation.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    tumblr_mv59z1v0ok1s199fdo1_500.gif
  • Achrya
    Options
    LOL I am waiting for the wolf pack to jump in...

On page one, but there has better be a Hangover gif in response to this! Don't let me down!

YOU ARE ONE OF THE RUDE PEOPLE OP IS TALKING ABOUT. SHAMMMMEEEE

I certainly hope I am.:smokin:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Lulz.....

This place is extremely tame.
This discussion has been closed.