Just an observation....almost scared to post!

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I haven't been posting or even reading these posts very much until recently, but wow.....has anyone else noticed how mean people can be? I'm afraid to ask any questions for fear of being ridiculed for being utterly ignorant about how my own body works. Yes, I'd like to lose weight; Yes, I realize it takes hard work and dedication; Yes, I am HUMAN and make mistakes, excuses, missteps, etc. No one is perfect.

As I said, just an observation.

Yep, seems to be what people are on here for. If you want good advice and a forum where people respect each other, this isn't it :(

Then you'll never find it. MFP is one of the most respectful and tamest forums you'll ever come across.

Wrong. You've assumed I don't use other forums.

Lulz.....

This place is extremely tame.

Yup. I would love to see some of these people at the LetsRun forum. Or, heaven forbid, 4chan.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Just saying, if you want to ask a question, then by all means do it. I regularly answer simplistic questions and am happy to do so. Sometimes I am blunt. And sometimes others will come in and have some fun. But ultimately you need to have thick skin and consider joining in on the fun.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    No, you're right, this place is downright nasty. It's a lot more mean spirited than any other internet forum I've evern been on. Post at your own risk. I've been here on and off for a few years, it's always been this way.

But if you sift through it, there's also a lot of good information and really knowledgeable, supportive people so you just have to push through it and know when to not engage.

lol
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Snip because holy cow this is getting long.
    And that's part of the issue, that Google tailors searches based on your history unless you choose to turn that feature off. When I search "raspberry ketones" without having searched for it before, the first several entries (excluding Wikipedia, which has a bad rep among some people for some reason) are positive endorsements including Dr. Oz, who for some reason still has credibility with millions of Americans.

I'm not saying we shouldn't correct people. I'm saying we should understand that they don't know better and not take our frustration out on them.

Interesting. Regardless, I have no sympathy for someone asking about something for which they have clearly spent ZERO time learning about.
    Isn't asking on these forums an attempt to learn about things?

Publicly posing the question to thousands of strangers on the internet should never be someone's first step to learning about a supplement.

SOOOO much truth in that statement, yet so few follow this common sense approach (smh)
    Not everyone is intelligent enough to be able to discern which sources are or are not credible. For those people, the only option I can think of would be to simply post the question on a forum and hope people tell you the right answer.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    post-18141-Wednesday-Adams-Ill-be-the-vic-81j7.gif

tumblr_lty937F56E1qb9pa3o1_500.gif
  • bbvsusan
    Options
    I can't believe nobody raised a "you don't understand my incredibly unique situation".
This discussion has been closed.