need some help from pervy looks!

Options

Replies

• bjg2993
    bjg2993 Posts: 107
    Options
    I retaliate by being dismissive towards guys like that. Or if that fails, an outright *****.

They soon leave you alone - unless they are really eager of course, then you just have to ignore them.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    The OP question is so pathetic b/c it's so non-specific!:explode:
    Men like to look at women, generally.
    Conversely, women like to be looked at, generally.
    There's the general answer to your general, if pathetic, question.

I'm married. My husband loves me and is all male....he thinks women are attractive. However, he tries to avoid giving his attention to another woman besides me (b/c that would hurt me). It's amazing how he has to discipline himself at work and at other times....women can be pretty aggressive about seeking that attention (not that you are doing that OP). He even stopped helping new employees train (mostly women) b/c they are almost always unprofessionally provocative. "It's not worth it" was his final word on the matter.

Basically, it's ignorant, and perhaps unkind, to have an accusing attitude toward men when that is how they are physically made (to respond to the sight of a woman). Morally speaking, my husband and I think it is wrong to give sexually provocative attention to someone other than your spouse or fiance.

Yeah, I'm gonna sound in on this one. I'm married too, and my husband and I have a slightly different take on it. We both like to look at other people and can appreciate their looks and even talk to each other about it. We're married, not dead, and flirting can be fun. We don't touch other people, or kiss other people, or cheat in any way, but it's nice to notice and be noticed. You should be appreciative that your husband is attractive and appreciated by other women, and that he is still honorable and faithful to you. Let him look and enjoy, and do some looking of your own.
    Thanks:happy: I am appreciative. So taking your counsel to "look and enjoy" would be contrary to that, as you said, you and your husband take a different approach. I do like attractive men and women, however, I take the safest road that would not leave me in another woman's cross-hairs regarding her man!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person who is confused about a girl choosing a user name with 'bumbum 69' in it, then coming on the forums to complain about getting attention from men?:huh: :huh:
  • MinMin97
    Options
    ^^^I had a similar question!
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    An obvious Troll!
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    An obvious Troll!

Odd considering she joined in 2012. Trolls typically have a recently opened account.
  • Mr_Mer
    Mr_Mer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Perhaps, with with weight loss, you also need to gain confidence in yourself. If you look good now... and didn't before, of course you are self-conscious. It is normal, you are not used to it.

Enjoy the attention, but if it is difficult, seek advice from a professional. The anxiety is not worth it and worst case you get scared and stop losing weight and feeling better.
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    "Pervy" derives from the word "perverse" but that makes no sense whatsoever in this context.

Nature made men and women to be attracted to each other in order to reproduce and maintain the species. That is a fundamental part of biology. Any species that does not reproduce becomes extinct.

So if a man looks at a women as a potential reproduction partner, that is the exact opposite of perverse. It is in fact completely natural.

So OP's complaint, as near as I can tell, is that men are NOT perverse at all. Rather men look at her as a potential reproduction mate, exactly as nature intended. Perhaps these should be called "natury looks" instead of pervy looks.
  • MinMin97
    Options
    .Perhaps these should be called "natury looks" instead of pervy looks.
    I would not let a man use this as an excuse to cross my boundaries.
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    An obvious Troll!

Odd considering she joined in 2012. Trolls typically have a recently opened account.

Good point! Really thought I was on to somethin...LOL
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    This is what I don't understand about women. You exercise and train to look sexy, drss sexy, show cleavage and then complain about getting "PERVY LOOKS" I disunderstand the whole concept of wanting to look, dress and feel sexy only to have guys NOT look at you. Help me understand!

Am I wrong for not understanding or am I misunderstanding what kind of help the OP is asking for?

Dude..learn how to read. She doesn't wear sexy clothes to get attention. She wears baggy clothes. Reading comprehension>you.
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I think if all looks make you uneasy that it's probably you and a deep level of self-doubt. And some people are just creeps. You deserve to feel good about yourself :)
  • HDHogger
    HDHogger Posts: 764
    Options
    This is what I don't understand about women. You exercise and train to look sexy, drss sexy, show cleavage and then complain about getting "PERVY LOOKS" I disunderstand the whole concept of wanting to look, dress and feel sexy only to have guys NOT look at you. Help me understand!

Am I wrong for not understanding or am I misunderstanding what kind of help the OP is asking for?

Dude..learn how to read. She doesn't wear sexy clothes to get attention. She wears baggy clothes. Reading comprehension>you
    dude > she wears baggy clothing to NOT get attention ,, comprehension isn't your strong point DUDE
  • HDHogger
    Options

Dude..learn how to read. She doesn't wear sexy clothes to get attention. She wears baggy clothes. Reading comprehension>you
    dude > she wears baggy clothing to NOT get attention ,, comprehension isn't your strong point DUDE
    The post was about getting pervy looks that made her uncomfortable. It wasn't about why was she getting pervy looks when wearing baggy clothing
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    lol at the people in here who think the only reason anyone loses weight is to look better to the opposite sex
  • HDHogger
    Options
    lol at the people in here who think the only reason anyone loses weight is to look better to the opposite sex
    If you've followed the post you would know the consensus is people want to look good to attract the opposite sex
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    and? clearly op is not one of those people?
  • HDHogger
    Options
    and? clearly op is not one of those people?
    It was agreed by the majority she had confidence issues
  • Thelala
    Thelala Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wear what you want, be who you are.