need some help from pervy looks!

Options

Replies

• girlinteepee
    girlinteepee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    thank you for this, it really helps and i shall look into this for sure ;)
  • girlinteepee
    girlinteepee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Man this is my first time looking through this forum after signing up...you guys are tough! :/

I can totally understand where the OP is coming from...if someone is coming from a place where they were always overweight/never checked out by anyone when you first loose the weight and then suddenly 'bam' everyone is staring, ogling, and scanning you over like a piece of meat it's incredibly unnerving and can be uncomfortable! I remember my first month after being at/close to my goal weight and getting ogled at totally threw me off balance. It was just something that had never happened to me before and while I thought I would like it...and I did if I was wearing something nice on purpose...when it happened every single day it got really overwhelming. I started just wearing hoodies and sweats because I just wanted to go back to 'normal' where I could just be me, do my thing, and mind my own business.

So the answer to the question would be... it just takes time to get used to it and tell yourself that it does't really matter what others are doing.

Part of the reason was when I lost all that weight I just felt really raw and vulnerable. So just surround yourself with some true friends who love you for who you are and not what you look like and just give it time. Don't eat over it and just keep busy doing what you need to do. Enjoy your life and your success!! It's something to be proud of! :D

No need to immediately jump on her case and put her down for feeling that way. It's new, scary, and perfectly normal.

Hi this sums it up, i guess i shoulda worded it better but thanks for this, it really helps out
    k
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    This is what I don't understand about women. You exercise and train to look sexy, drss sexy, show cleavage and then complain about getting "PERVY LOOKS" I disunderstand the whole concept of wanting to look, dress and feel sexy only to have guys NOT look at you. Help me understand!

Am I wrong for not understanding or am I misunderstanding what kind of help the OP is asking for?

Dude..learn how to read. She doesn't wear sexy clothes to get attention. She wears baggy clothes. Reading comprehension>you
    dude > she wears baggy clothing to NOT get attention ,, comprehension isn't your strong point DUDE
    The post was about getting pervy looks that made her uncomfortable. It wasn't about why was she getting pervy looks when wearing baggy clothing

From the first post. "a few glances from the opposite sex" is a direct quote. Is a glance a pervy look? I'm just asking because you seem to be an authority on the subject.
  • HDHogger
    HDHogger Posts: 764
    Options
    This is what I don't understand about women. You exercise and train to look sexy, drss sexy, show cleavage and then complain about getting "PERVY LOOKS" I disunderstand the whole concept of wanting to look, dress and feel sexy only to have guys NOT look at you. Help me understand!

Am I wrong for not understanding or am I misunderstanding what kind of help the OP is asking for?

Dude..learn how to read. She doesn't wear sexy clothes to get attention. She wears baggy clothes. Reading comprehension>you
    dude > she wears baggy clothing to NOT get attention ,, comprehension isn't your strong point DUDE
    The post was about getting pervy looks that made her uncomfortable. It wasn't about why was she getting pervy looks when wearing baggy clothing

From the first post. "a few glances from the opposite sex" is a direct quote. Is a glance a pervy look? I'm just asking because you seem to be an authority on the subject.
    Speaking strictly from Professional Knowledge .. No

I'm not an authority ... I just have the capability to comprehend what I read.
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    I just have the capability to comprehend what I read.
    [/quote]

Good. Now try to not get so butthurt when women don't appreciate your pervy stares.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I've lost some weight and noticed a few glances from the opposite sex but cannot help but still feel self concious! i cannot stand these looks as i wear baggy clothes and still get these looks. is there a mantra you use or some self help book ..?

They have book on increasing self esteem. MIGHT want to check them out. Seriously. Dress how you want to make you look good for you. Have the confidence not to truly care how strangers view you. Most of all BE HAPPY! :happy:
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Act stuck up.

Works for me.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options

Not sure why you're on your soapbox. She explicitly said she wears baggy clothes. FURTHERMORE, I NEVER show off my body. I rarely show cleavage. When I do, I don't mean to. Trust me. I always wear jeans, a tshirt, and usually even a baggy hoodie. Yet. I still get creepy looks (Also, there's a difference between 'natury' looks and pervy ones. BIG difference) and heaven forbid i walk home from anywhere. Last time I did, I actually had a man turn around three times just to chase me down and try to 'holler' at me. If that's not creepy, I don't know what is. Wanna know what I was wearing? A sweater that is three sizes too big and a pair of loose fitting skinny jeans with tennis shoes. Oh yeah. I was so 'sexy', I'm sure.

Also, disunderstand is not a word.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    There's a fine line between pervy and appreciative. Take it as a compliment and keep walking.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Never go out in public.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a case of *****y resting face. I never get looked at :P
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I flaunt it.
  • JohnsElan
    Options
    Im sorry, i lost weight so i can feel good about myself, im not the kind that likes to dress up and show cleavage and whatnot, i guess i just need a tougher skin, its just the looks tat make ur skin crawl like someone undressing you, idk,

To all those who do not know the difference between an admiring look and a lingering predatory look that makes your skin crawl; there is a difference.

Also, lets all look at the context. Hay River, NT has a population of appx 3,600 people and an average daily high temperature of 36ºF. In colder climates it is not customary to wear "skimpy" clothes. I doubt anyone there is "flaunting it". Perhaps read about the OP before bashing her for "body image" or "confidence issues".
  • SavageAbbey
    Options
    I have realized that men (and women) are going to look no matter what. Sometimes pervy and sometimes not. At times this can be a little flattering but I am mostly too busy working out to really give it much thought. I actually get more compliments and looks from women than I do from men.
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    I have realized that men (and women) are going to look no matter what. Sometimes pervy and sometimes not. At times this can be a little flattering but I am mostly too busy working out to really give it much thought. I actually get more compliments and looks from women than I do from men.

Add one to the men's column.

:love: :love: :love:
  • Srarojas
    Srarojas Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I don't understand this question at all... Men and woman are going to admire your results. I even had a little girl at the gym walk by when I was doing pull ups last night and said, "Oh wow, you are such a buff girl." It made me so happy! Just think of whom you might be inspiring without even saying anything. To me, it's a great feeling :)
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Can we clarify what a "pervy look" is?

I just want to make sure I'm doing it right when I objectify a hot guy.

My guess is with an awful creepy grin while rubbing their stomach and moaning....but that's just my guess....or they may just be thinking about bacon, in that case the scenario isn't creepy/pervy at all
    And now I want bacon....
  • megluvsvb
    megluvsvb Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I get that too... my advice is to simply dress modestly... thats all you can really do. But don't think of it as a punishment! ..Rock that bod!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I've been in good shape for most of my life and I don't get pervy looks. Maybe I'm putting out a scary vibe. I guess I could just be hideous, or maybe I just don't notice them.

Perhaps you've been getting "pervy" looks all along but just weren't paying attention because you didn't feel deserving of interest before. Now that you've lost some weight you may have a different perception of yourself. I think you are too self conscious. Ignore the pervs.