Boyfriend & Boobies

Options

Replies

• mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Eh, boobies are overrated.

As a man, I have to strongly disagree with that statement...but I will add that boobs do not make the relationship unless that is what the relationship was based on...I know a few people who dated others strictly based on boob size.
    My wife has a nice boobs...and I like 'em but they do not define our relationship.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    This is a big fear my wife has. She down plays it and I tease her about it, but I can tell it really bothers her. Her insecurity not my teasing (before I get blasted)! With that said, it is my hope that she knows I love her, in and out. We were enemies as teenagers, friends during highschool, and then I married her while she was in college (she still finished). She started at 180 and has gained a lot of weight since then due to her lifestyle, children, and lifestyle. While I do appreciate breasts in all their beauty, I love my wife more. When her mother was diagnosed with cancer, the inevitable conversation came up, if she has breast cancer would I still find her attractive. Yes. A million times, yes. If he said, he is behind you no matter what, then believe it. Love is a by product of faith and trust. Invest it in him and get back your return.
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is around 6'2 and weighs 135..........Any tips or advice?

Advise your boyfriend to start eating before the wind blows him away

LULZ were had!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is around 6'2 and weighs 135..........Any tips or advice?

Advise your boyfriend to start eating before the wind blows him away

Valid point.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options
    This is a big fear my wife has. She down plays it and I tease her about it, but I can tell it really bothers her. Her insecurity not my teasing (before I get blasted)! With that said, it is my hope that she knows I love her, in and out. We were enemies as teenagers, friends during highschool, and then I married her while she was in college (she still finished). She started at 180 and has gained a lot of weight since then due to her lifestyle, children, and lifestyle. While I do appreciate breasts in all their beauty, I love my wife more. When her mother was diagnosed with cancer, the inevitable conversation came up, if she has breast cancer would I still find her attractive. Yes. A million times, yes. If he said, he is behind you no matter what, then believe it. Love is a by product of faith and trust. Invest it in him and get back your return.

I'd advise you to stop teasing her about it if you know it really bothers her. :huh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    We were enemies as teenagers, friends during highschool,

I know not the point of your post, but I don't know anyone who was not a teenager in high school ...
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    Options
    Even if you lose it, he could discover that he likes a different part of you once the shape of it changes anyway. He may think he only likes your breasts, but with your body changing you could end up with really nice legs or something that he didn't realize he would like. Plus, he should be more concerned with your health than something superficial.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight your proportion changes so as your waist, hips, etc. shrink your boobs will become more prominent even if they are smaller. In other words, if the rest of you is smaller the boobs will seem bigger by comparison, even if they are smaller than they were before.

You have to do what's best for you. If he doesn't like the new, healthy you, maybe you need to find someone who didn't know you when you were heavy and is okay with your new shape and smaller boobs. :heart:
  • ZombieBubbles
    ZombieBubbles Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend feels the exact same. When I started losing weight i was a 34DDD. Not sure what I am now, but I'm definitely smaller. My bf is now joking about sabotaging me. lol
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options

I'd advise you to stop teasing her about it if you know it really bothers her. :huh:

I know. It's my natural reaction to dramatic situations to try and alleviate with humor. It seems to be a hit and miss philosophy.
  • Greytfish
    Options
    I don't lose my chest as I lose weight. It depends on what kind of tissue is dominant -- fat or mammary. Exe cises can help perk them up, but nothing you do can top you from losing them if that's your body type.

This

Yes they are her's
    and Yes she has to do what's right.

But that doesn't mean he is or has to be okay with it. He is entitled to his opinion and tastes.

I can tell you right now if my boyfriend got fat like- seriously fat- it would be over. I'm just completely not attracted to that type of life style behavior and body type.

If her boyfriend is disrespectful to her or leaves her because she loses her boobs as she loses weight, she probably is better off without him, anyway.

And this.

There's a world of difference between someone whose overall unhealthy lifestyle is a source of conflict and a healthy lifestyle causing a reduction of one particular feature over wheich she doesn't have any control.

And yes, OP, you can do targeted chest and pectoral exercises as you lose that will both make what you have "perkier" and probably make you more comfortable.

And, yes, men will touch areas of our bodies we're not entirely happy about at present. He's a man and he gets the provilege of touching a woman, he's just going to enjoy it, especially if he already likes a whole lot of other things. Who knows, if you lose a bit up top, he might like it better.
  • JaniePapageorgio
    JaniePapageorgio Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Agreed, he sounds like a good guy in that he will support you in whatever you do. Don't worry too much! If your boobs get smaller, guess what? Your waist is getting smaller, too! Proportionally you're most likely not going to have tiny boobs if yu didn't start out that way....although this is coming from a girl who used to wear a "barely B" when they still made that size in my brand- my husband always says I he'll support no matter what, but he'll be sad if my butt disappears.

Good luck with your weight loss and I'm sure your BF will love the added confidence and continue loving you and your boobs.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Eh, boobies are overrated.

As a man, I have to strongly disagree with that statement...but I will add that boobs do not make the relationship unless that is what the relationship was based on...I know a few people who dated others strictly based on boob size.
    My wife has a nice boobs...and I like 'em but they do not define our relationship.

THIS. He loves you, not your boobs. He just likes them. Even if they get smaller, he still loves you.

Mine were 34 DD before I lost 10 lbs, now they are 32 D-DD. (irritating that they are stuck between cup sizes). Everyone loses fat differently, so there's no way to know. Just lose your weight. He loves you and supports you, so don't worry about it.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    We were enemies as teenagers, friends during highschool,

I know not the point of your post, but I don't know anyone who was not a teenager in high school ...

Sheldon Cooper and Doogie Howser.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options

I know. It's my natural reaction to dramatic situations to try and alleviate with humor. It seems to be a hit and miss philosophy.

Redirect it. Start making jokes about how nice her *kitten* is instead.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me glad I married a man who doesn't have overly specific ideas of what is and is not physically attractive.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I don't lose my chest as I lose weight. It depends on what kind of tissue is dominant -- fat or mammary. Exe cises can help perk them up, but nothing you do can top you from losing them if that's your body type.

This

Yes they are her's
    and Yes she has to do what's right.

But that doesn't mean he is or has to be okay with it. He is entitled to his opinion and tastes.

I can tell you right now if my boyfriend got fat like- seriously fat- it would be over. I'm just completely not attracted to that type of life style behavior and body type.

If her boyfriend is disrespectful to her or leaves her because she loses her boobs as she loses weight, she probably is better off without him, anyway.

And this.

There's a world of difference between someone whose overall unhealthy lifestyle is a source of conflict and a healthy lifestyle causing a reduction of one particular feature over wheich she doesn't have any control.

And yes, OP, you can do targeted chest and pectoral exercises as you lose that will both make what you have "perkier" and probably make you more comfortable.

And, yes, men will touch areas of our bodies we're not entirely happy about at present. He's a man and he gets the provilege of touching a woman, he's just going to enjoy it, especially if he already likes a whole lot of other things. Who knows, if you lose a bit up top, he might like it better.

Um, no. The breasts are suspended by the Cooper's ligaments, no muscles involved in breast support (unfortunately). If you can build up your pecs, they might appear slightly larger in shirts.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Buy some when you're all done with your weightloss. The magic of modern science.
  • Slim_strategy
    Options
    I lost 44lbs and I went from a C to a B, but my boyfriend says he likes them because they're perky and ''a handful is enough'' xD
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Well after my children was a 34 D , at 150 lbs now at 116 size 32 D, lost 4 sizes in pants and 5 in dresses , before kids was a B not sure why more boobs are still bigger oh well , my husband likes me no matter what the size he wasn't a boob man to begin with anyway , he liked my posterior and legs more , luckily I got both :) am 4ft 10 for reference turning 30 on Sunday yay i seem to be the only one happy to be getting older anymore but that could be because in person I look younger than I'm lol