Over 200 New year New Me Part 34

Replies

• tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Thanks purple and meokk!

I added them up minutes walking versus minutes running since I don't have a HRM.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Oh, and of course *kitten* is allowed....they "*kitten*"ume you're talking about a donkey.

Well, that's just re****ulous. :tongue:

I guess "*kitten*" is a letter combo found in so many different acceptable words MFP can't block it.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    tstout: I think I listed my C25k as interval training, but I also had an HRM, so I adjusted the calories burned to that.

A friend of my uses the word re-****-ulous. Is that allowed?

I'm excited. My Jillian Michaels "Shred With Weights" came today. It's her new kettlebell workout DVD. Now I get to stop and buy a kettlebell so I can try it out tonight. Thank goodness it's only a 30 minute workout because it sounds hard...then again, which videos of hers are easy? I'll let you all know what I think of it tomorrow!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Nope, re-c0ck-ulous isn't allowed.
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Okay, I am trying to get myself fired up about my Disneyland trip. We usually go every year and EVERY year I feel sooooooooo uncomfortable. We skipped 2010 but in 2009 I was in a size 28 and sooooo very uncomfortable. I was afraid I was too big for a lot of the rides. I wasn't but I was in constant fear. (Disney is pretty generous with their seats) But I am afraid to ride certain rides with my hubby that Ry won't fit between us. So I really want to be comfy this year. I want to walk on those rides with confidence. I am in a size 22 right now I was hoping for a size 16 but really an 18 is probably more doable. The point of my whole ramble is..............This is why the Disney theme has taken over my profile so that I can remind my self that it would be nice to be comfortable this year on vacation. We figured that our daughter is leaving for college in August 2011 and our Feb. Disneyland trips may NOT include her because of college. :cry: :cry: :brokenheart: That kills me, I can't even imagine going there without her. We took her when she was 5 months old and she has been going almost every year and even some times 2/3 times in a year every since. I want this to be a nice memorable wonderful vacation as a family that all still lives together:brokenheart: :cry: :sad: :brokenheart: :cry: Anyhow I am so happy for her and proud but my momma heart is broken at the idea of her not being here EVERY single day. So now you know where I have dug deep down into my motivation and pulled some up. Now if I could just get motivated to EXERCISE more, things would be great. It may be easier to fit in a 16 with exercise. I am still working on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Momma - you can do it!!! Tricking out your profile is such a good idea - constant motivation for the trip to be as awesome as you want it to be!

Julie - love the side-by-side pics...you can totally see how your body is transforming!

I was doing so well today, but then had an evening lecture and reception afterward...I had some of the appetizers (OMG they looked SOOOOO good) and while I don't think it derailed me much at all, I am kind of upset with myself for eating what I did have. In the old days it would have been MUCH worse, and I really did only have a few things, but I am just unhappy that I ate anything. I know it's irrational, but I can't help it tonight.

Cals: 121 under
    Water: about 72 oz give or take
    Sodium: 233 under
    Fiber: 4 over
    Exercise: 10 minutes walking, 5 minutes running plus weight machines
    Proud: I only had a few of those appetizers, and I made really great choices for the rest of the day. Also, one of my classmates asked if I was losing weight! So that was kind of nice.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    Hey girls,

Check in tonight and will be reading post(s) tomorrow to respond..miss ya all so much :)
    calories: 1213
    exercise: basic walking around the block for 30 minutes
    water: not enough
    proud: I am back and ready to see 199 in the near future ( I feel TOM lurking around too - ugh I hate when I restart and it shows up to ruin everything...NOT THIS TIME!!! I am staying on track)

Have a great night girls!!!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Good morning girls

Momma - Sounds like great motivation!!

Still up like 3 lbs this morning...guess better than 5 ...so hopefully the rest will be gone by friday...

I have to get thist stuff at work done, i don't want to i don't fully understand it all and it hurts my head...oh yeah and all due by friday...ugggg
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Ann -- Thanks for the new thread! I know you're busy but I hope to see you here more often. I miss you and Momma terribly! You're the 2 here who welcomed me into this group and have been with me from the beginning so while I love all the ladies here, you 2 are definitely special to me. :flowerforyou:

Momma -- See above. And yes, your daughter is gorgeous! :happy: I know you're so proud of her (and rightly so).

Purple -- Way to go with W5D2! You're really rocking C25K! I'm super impressed. I didn't start C25K until I was around 250 and I definitely had to repeat week 4 before I could get through week 5!

CoGirl - WOW!!! I love your new profile picture! Your face looks SO THIN! You're doing such an amazing job, proving to all of us that it CAN be done even when your life is busy and overwhelming. Truly amazing.

CMellymel -- Welcome to this amazing group of ladies! I started here last September at over 270 pounds (I weigh in the low 190s now). My best advice is to read the posts at the top of the "General Diet and Weight Loss" section of the forums here and figure out a plan of action that will work for you. I think the keys to success are knowledge and determination.

Well ladies, for the first Saturday in a LONG time, I've completely controlled my eating. I'm sitting around 1100 calories right now and plan to get to around 1500 before the day is over. Tomorrow, dh and I are going to go to the zoo to get some exercise. I'm taking my new focus and running with it. I've decided to reevaluate my Halloween goal because I don't think 175 is doable anymore after I only maintained my weight for the last month. My new very ambitious goal is 180 for 10.31. I think I can, I think I can!
    Julie -Thank you so much for your comment!! That is really going to make my day special today knowing I am important to others than just my family of course I consider each and everyone of you gals family anyways.And I will try to be around as often as I can .Two girls in school and waking up at 5am has been kicking my butt lately but I think I am just about back into the swing of things and I should have more time to chat with my weight loss sisters.Thanks again Julie its always a pleasure having you here too.
    CMellymel -Welcome!! I start a new thread each Sunday on here if the thread gets to long ( which it hasn't lately) it will be posted at the end of the thread so that you can find the link to the new one.We weigh in on Fridays and the biggest loser for that week picks a challenge.Which we really need to start picking up on that again

Come on ladies lets get back into the habits.Good weight loss habits!! Setting goals and challenges each week.We have lost tons of weight together now lets finish the race and lose the rest.Lets stay motivated and keep on track and set a good example for these newcomers who need are inspiration and guidance to find what works for them.LETS GO LADIES its time to pick up our GAME PLANS!!Feel free to let me know if there is something you gals would like to do differently from week to week.We all are in need of a pick me up and I am volunteering to start it.
  • awestfall
    lildebbie .............-2.5.................0.99%
    purple..................-0.6.................0.23%
    cogirl...................-2.5..................1.04%
    Jess......................0.....................0%
    Heather...............0......................0%
    momma..............-2.1...................0.77%
    elmox..................-2.8...................1.58%
    tstout..................0.0.....................b00%
    Littlespy............. 0....................... 0%
    Meokk................0.2.....................0.11%
    Danielle............-1.6....................0.58%
    Blue....................+5......................0% :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed:

Ah well, I guess three days in a row of Happy Hours took its toll. Just gotta work harder this week!

Momma - your daughter is beautiful!
    COGirl - I LOVE the pic! You look fabulous!!!
    CMel - welcome! You will love it here.
    Julie - great job controlling your eating today! I did a bit better today as well.
    Ann - I agree with Julie. I miss you and Momma. You two and lstpaul were the ones who welcomed me as well. I will never forget that as long as I live.

I am making a commitment to us sisters that I will NOT go to any Happy Hours this coming week! Too many calories!!! I am focused and ready to lose this week! Please keep reminding me of my promise!
    Awe thank you Blue!!! We love you so much and we are so happy you are a part of this group!! I say when we all finish this that we all meet somewhere half way and have lunch or some sort of celebration!! What do you gals think?
  • awestfall
    Thank you girls for the kind comments! pray.gifI still have a ways to go as right now I am sitting at 238. I can't wait below 200 (that is what I weighed when we got married 8 years ago) With some hard work and perseverance I should be there next spring! As you know things have been chaotic and will continue to be for a while.

I actually slept until 8:15 this morning. I am normally up between 3 and 5. I guess I needed the extra sleep! Now I am trying to wake up which is taking me a bit today! I need COFFFFEEEE!drinking36.gif

Last night my husband and I went to a cousins house to spend some more time with my extended family. (3rd and 4th cousins) It amazed me how when I was little we saw each other several times a year and now it took a funeral of one of the cousins for us all to make the effort to spend some time together. (it has been years). I guess the good part in all of it as we were able to just pick up where we left off!family1.gif

The broncos play today at 11 so, my boys will be parked in front of the TV. Sports_0131.gifhomedonkey.pngI plan to get some laundry done and need to work in the yard a little. If I get real energetic I will work some more on my paper work. (did I mention I hate paper work) smiley-face-pcwhack.gif

Momma - wow, your daughter is gorgeous... something tells me she looks like you!winking0070.gif

CMellyMel -smiley-face-welcome.gif I started my journey last October and met these girls in November. I would read what Julie said, it helped me a lot. I guess for me my best thing has been to get rid of all the processed foods. No more mac and cheese, and boxed stuff. By making things myself I am able to simplify and KNOW what is in it. Whole grains, fresh veggies and fruits, fat free cheese, milk and homemade yogurt. At 1st it was difficult, but as you gradually add and change things it becomes a lifestyle! One of my other big things is we hardly ever eat out anymore, (maybe 3 times a month). I know just learning how many calories in something really makes you make better decisions. I use to get a BIG slurpy 600 calories :noway: now I opt for crystal light with crushed ice at home! Sure adds up fast!

Julie - great job on your eating today! I am proud of you! Looks like you are back in the loosing mode!flirt3.gif
    Ann - I love your new goal.. It made me stop and think I need to hold myself accountable and make my own goal as well.
    Blue - we all have those weeks! next week will be better. Look how far you have come! I am proud of you for holding yourself accountable!
    Pos - Great job with the elliptical.. I really need to get back to working out. I pretty much have not worked out most of the summer due to the plantar F. but, it is getting better! So, soon I hope!

Well, I should get moving.. check back in later
    Congrats on making new goals for yourself.You look awesome
  • awestfall
    blue-I find it hard to stay away from happy hour as well. Lets make a vowe to stay away!!

Momma-Your daughter is beautiful! You SHOULD be very proud.

CoGirl-Glad to see you still sticking around and I love your new pic. Your doing so great even with all the challenges life has thrown at your recently.

Julie-I love your new determination. Let's get back in this together. We know what it is to maintain. Lets get the losing bus going again! I'm ready!!

I ended up not going to the game last night. Couldn't find someone worth going with last minute. I didn't wanna take someone who doesn't like baseball. And what a game it was!! DANG! Rain delay and all. Oh well. Just woke up from a good 2 hour nap. LOL going up to Hooters to watch the boys play here in a bit. Spent Friday night with my family...my sister quit her job so we are celebrating. She works for the most annoying man on the planet. My Mom use to work there, I use to work there. This company sucks the life out of you. She turned into a person nobody wanted to be around so this is a good thing. She has a wonderful man to stand behind her in the decision. They have a rough road to finding her a job but he's willing to do what it takes to support them. Very excited for them!

I hate the scale. I was back up 5 pounds again this morning. I'm guessing my co worker who made chicken and dumplings LOADED it down with salt so I'm going to be retaining water for like a week. I can normally fit my fingers around my wrist and overlap them, they barley touch. So I'm trying to drink some water. Hope you are all enjoying the weekend!
    Jess I am sure it is just water!!Lets get back to business and finish this race lady!! 50 pounds is something to be proud of I can't wait to get to that.
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK: Eat all your alloted fiber each day - that stuff fills you up! - and drink at least 72 oz (9 glasses) of water each day.
  • awestfall
    Hello girls !!

Julie - wtg on saturday keeping on your cals, but sorry about last night...they closed the krispy kreme near me, and it is probably a good thing!!!

Jess - Sorry about the gain :( you know it is water and will come off

blue - NO more happy hour...no more happy hour...its the one thing i don't get tempted from since i work from home unless i want to go drink by myself after i get off :smile:

MOmma - your daugter is beautiful..

ANn - Sounds like a plan...my goal is to be to 100 lbs lost by new years, of course that is about 30 lbs so we will see...if i can get close i will be estatic.

COlorodo - your pic is beautiful, you are looking soo great.

hello to anyone else i forgot.....

okay i had a weekend full of very very stupid eating...i think i lost my freaking mind...i didn't log 1 calorie all weekend i know it was alot over and even more sodium over, as of thsi morning i was like 4 lbs up of course back over 250, but all what i ate i know i should be :sad: HOpefully i got it all out of my system.

But we did got to the mall last night...Hubby fit into 36 jeans...he and i were both shocked. We knew he was in 38's and he has 1 pair he was wearing, but when the sales guy said the 38's he put on were too big, we both were thinking a 36 is going to be too tight...nope they fit in a few different store...we didn't buy any as we didn't really have the $$ but still a 36 from a 42 a year ago i am soo proud of him :blushing:

Okay now me :smile: So i go to lane bryant and try on some 22 jeans and a 14/16 shirt...not sure what was going to come out of either, as the lanebyrant 24 jeans i have at home fit just right....welll the 22's were tight...but they buttoned and zipped...and the 14/16 shirt fit !!! I now wear the smallest size at lane bryant (in a top at least). Then we went to j.c.penny's. I was wondering if i could actually where like a XL in the "normal" secion, so i found one i would try on and then i tried on a 22 pair of jeans there. They both fit!! THe jeans much better than LB. THey were a little stretchier though, the top fit, it was a little snug but not like not going out in public tight...THen i saw a dress...they had a 24, 18, and 14...so i am thinking 24 going to be too big, i will just grab the 18 knowing it wouldn't fit at all...and it did i zipped up and all..So of course being the dork i am i took pictures of me in the dressing room. I didn't get anything , but having these pics made me happy ...i spent soo many years upset that 24's were soo tight whenever i tried them on unless they were super stretchy ones from avenue...anyway i will quit rambling now.

Here are the pics from the dressing room, sorry they are soo fuzzy, they were with my cell phone, they didn't come out that way but when i uploaded them they did.
    283877_8556.jpg
    283877_5680.jpg

Here is one of me and me and dh

283877_4937.jpg
    283877_6929.jpg

And for comparison, me and him december 2007, when my little one was only 1 year old.
    283877_6044.jpg
    Deb I just want to say you have come along way and you LOOK GREAT and it shows all the hardwork you have put into it.Keep it up girl!! You are one HOT MOMMA !
  • awestfall
    Just wanted to check in this morning with my wonderful weight loss sisters. I read all your posts but am too out of it to to comment. Just want to say Deb you are looking amazing. Congrats on your progress and I love your pics. You are looking so incredibly good! Can definitely see the difference with you and the hubby.

TMI ALERT TMI ALERT
    I'm home from work today sick. I went to Hooters to watch the game last night. Got home and went to bed and woke up it the middle of the night with the worst pain in my lower stomach. Spent most of the night in the bathroom feeling like someone stabbed me in the stomach. Had "what not" coming out of both ends...finally made it back to bed and the only comfortable position was a fetal position. So I'm home today. Stomachs sore from all the pain. Going to see how today goes and if it happens again, off to the doctor I go. Had a PB and J a little while ago. Hope it sits okay.

I got the Insanity stuff. Gotta find time to do the fitness test and start. Thinking of maybe doing the fitness test weekend. Not sure. I hear you need a few days to recover after it.
    Jess it must be a stomach virus going around cause I had it too and I was unable to eat even though I was starving because everytime I ate I had to go to the bathroom to do one or the other.Hope you feel better soon gal
  • Positively_Me
    Good Morning!
    WOW, I am finally caught up on posts...sorry for the long post :)

Ann – thanks for the new thread and I think 30+ pound is doable in 3+ months..YOU CAN DO THIS and WE CAN HELP!!
    BTW, I like the new profile pictures; you have a beautiful family :-)

Colgirl – love the new profile picture. You look great!

Jess – I have always wanted to try Insanity, but I can’t afford those kinds of programs. I hope you like it and it really does what it clams.. of course with your hard work. I know you can do what every you put your mind into…love your determination to keep going no matter what!
    Sorry to hear you are not feeling good, but I hope you feel better soon..

Momma – I must have missed you profile picture of your daughter…but I bet she is as beautiful as her mother...

Purple – you’re just ripping through C25k..Keep doing what you’re doing..you’re doing great. I loved the program and I am doing it for the second time (that reminds me – I have to get back to where I left off week 4 or 5), but this time is more for speed than endurance. Also, way to go on making smarter choices food wise. That takes willpower..and sometimes I lack that.

Cmelly – Welcome to the best thread on MFP!!!

Julie – Not sure if you mentioned this or not ( sorry if it hurt to talk about it..and ignore if you don’t want to talk about it) but are you or aren’t you pregnant…
    I did see a baby’s picture on the weight loss ticket..which gives me the idea that you are or maybe in the future..
    I like the side-by side profile picture…you look AMAZING!!!

Blue/Nancy – 5 pounds gain can happen in a matter of a day and with determination and staying away from Happy hour can come off in a matter of a couple days. Love your spirit!

Meokk – I love some of Jillian’s dvd. The only one I don’t like is that Biggest loser cardio max I think it level 2 or 3..level one is with bob harper. I love her Shred dvd; which I should get back to doing.
    When is you wedding? I know it’s some time in Oct, but not sure of the date. I am sure you are going to make a beautiful bride. We want to see pictures..

LItdeb- don’t feel bad. I didn’t log my food in a whole month, (but I did weigh myself every single day except on our mini vacation this past weekend) and this last weekend I ate Chinese food 2 days in a row and I was up 5 pounds. It will come off..drink plenty of water…and hopefully by Friday you will see 24#. Congrats on fitting a size 18 dress..you look beautiful in the pictures! Post all the pictures your heart desires.

Elmox – love the challenge! I need to get back to eating all my fiber and drinking more than 8 cups of water because it is what what helped me stay full longer. Thanks!

Heather – I did that same thing, I ate whatever I wanted, when we were in New York, and I didn’t care. And Iike I said above I gained 5 pounds (before I would have been in panic mode..and drowning myself in self pity, but not this time..) I know it’s just water weight from all the sodium-enriched foods I devoured ( and TOM paid me a visit this morning). It will come off..no worries right. I am focusing on logging every morsel of food, drinking plenty of water, and exercising 4 times this week. We can do this!
  • awestfall
    CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK: Eat all your alloted fiber each day - that stuff fills you up! - and drink at least 72 oz (9 glasses) of water each day.
    Thanks Elmox!!
  • Positively_Me
    Did I miss something? what happened to Cris? And all the other gals that was part of our group...
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Checking in from yesterday, then I'm a busy bee for the rest of the day. I'm hosting a BBQ for people from work today so I've got to prep all the dishes this morning. I've decided that making food counts as work, so I'm likely to not do a lot of "official" work.

I had a good day yesterday with my mom, aunts, and grandma. We toured Central Park and did some good walking. In addition to family in town, we've also got friends in. They came over for dinner and because I was cooking today, we ordered in Indian food. Could have not eaten the samosa and saved some calories, but oh well. Yesterday morning was full of snacking while I worked from home. Anytime I work from home, I'm always way more snacky. I don't know how you do it Deb!

Check-in:
    Cals - Net was under maintenance - 1988
    Water - 72 oz - CHALLENE MET
    Fiber - 22 grams, 8 grams over - CHALLENGE MET
    Exercise - Walked about 2 miles throughout the day
    Proud - I've noticed lately how much easier it is to move around - getting up from bed, the couch, etc. It's one of those things you don't think about, but DUH it's easier! I'm 52 lbs lighter than I was in February. This makes a huge difference. What a fun thing to realize!!
  • awestfall
    Ok girls how do I post at that bottom of my ticker saying my starting weight and current weight.I used to know how but I forgot
This discussion has been closed.