Ohhhhh my.

Options
I decided to treat myself with a London Fog from Second Cup because it has been a long, hectic, midterm exam-filled week, so I got a medium made with soy milk. And I looked it up to enter it into my diary, and I discover that it's 300 freaking calories!!?!

How is that even possible? I didn't think a tea bag with some soy milk and like a shot of vanilla syrup could add up to THAT much?!

I'm so mad because I did not intend on consuming anything to that extent of unhealthy for a snack. Especially such empty calories. Ugh, that just wrecked all of my progress. Any ideas for how I could attempt to burn this off today? :(

Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    300 calories won't wreck anything. Just move on.
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Its happend to everyone here. Live and learn.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    go for an hour walk.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    go for a walk, eat a little less at dinner, eat a very little less for the next 3 days, or don't worry about it 300 kcals is 0.086 lbs of fat...
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

This. If you're that worried about it, go hit the gym.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I realllllly hate it when that happens to me. But just move on, have a smaller lunch or dinner and you will be golden.

If it makes you feel any better, awhile back I picked up a smallish chocolate protein drink from Target on my lunch break and it wound up being almost 400 cal (I misread the label as 190 cal per bottle instead of per serving) and it wound up being my lunch. I could have had today's lunch instead...grilled mushroom & onion sandwich with Swiss cheese on whole wheat, baby carrots and almost a tablespoon of my mom's homemade peanut butter frosting. So sad.
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I could have had today's lunch instead...grilled mushroom & onion sandwich with Swiss cheese on whole wheat, baby carrots and almost a tablespoon of my mom's homemade peanut butter frosting. So sad.

I want that sammich.
  • Ranimalove
    Options
    I realllllly hate it when that happens to me. But just move on, have a smaller lunch or dinner and you will be golden.

If it makes you feel any better, awhile back I picked up a smallish chocolate protein drink from Target on my lunch break and it wound up being almost 400 cal (I misread the label as 190 cal per bottle instead of per serving) and it wound up being my lunch. I could have had today's lunch instead...grilled mushroom & onion sandwich with Swiss cheese on whole wheat, baby carrots and almost a tablespoon of my mom's homemade peanut butter frosting. So sad.

Thanks for the sympathy, it does make me feel a little better

And everyone else. I know 300 may not be a lot to some but my calories goal that MFP calculated for me is already quite low (1270) so the 300 brings me to it preeetty quickly. But yes I suppose what's done is done and I know for the future.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

Thanks for the sympathy, it does make me feel a little better

And everyone else. I know 300 may not be a lot to some but my calories goal that MFP calculated for me is already quite low (1270) so the 300 brings me to it preeetty quickly. But yes I suppose what's done is done and I know for the future.

Oops. My bad. I guess, from this statement in your originial OP:
    Any ideas for how I could attempt to burn this off today?

I thought you were looking for support and ways to burn it off. I didn't realize you were looking for sympathy and shelter from the MFP bullies. Since I'm at work, I can't post an appropriate pic or gif, but....

<insert gif of Sheldon Cooper saying "there, there" and then singing soft kitty>
  • Ranimalove
    Options
    I thought you were looking for support and ways to burn it off. I didn't realize you were looking for sympathy and shelter from the MFP bullies. Since I'm at work, I can't post an appropriate pic or gif, but....

<insert gif of Sheldon Cooper saying "there, there" and then singing soft kitty>

Excuse me? What is your problem? Is there any reason you need to be so rude? I wasn't merely looking for sympathy. I was looking for support and advice. And my response to the others wasn't meant to be rude in any way, I was simply saying that to me it is a lot so I didn't want to just brush it off. Please learn to not be such an *kitten* in the future.
  • michael300891
    Options

This. If you're that worried about it, go hit the gym.

Hit the gym anyway. Best way to deal with any uncertainty.

Doctoral Researcher in Exercise Adaptation and Metabolism:

Follow me on Twitter (https://twitter.com/Michael300891)
  • jennbeaudry
    Options
    Next time go for a medium skinny london fog - only 230 calories!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yum, that would be even better if you added whiskey to it.
  • Tony_Von_Stryfe
    Tony_Von_Stryfe Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Agreed
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you earned it, with all the stress from exams
  • bamadwl
    bamadwl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    go for an hour walk.
    ^^^ This. Don't freak out just walk briskly and write 100 sentences that say "I will not drink empty calories" for your punishment and carry on! :-)
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure a London Fog could be improved but...

tumblr_inline_mwfdgmnLtV1rbu2cc.gif
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,100 Member
    Options

Excuse me? What is your problem? Is there any reason you need to be so rude? I wasn't merely looking for sympathy. I was looking for support and advice. And my response to the others wasn't meant to be rude in any way, I was simply saying that to me it is a lot so I didn't want to just brush it off. Please learn to not be such an *kitten* in the future.

well that escalated quickly.
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Work it off and know for next time. LOL. I am so happy I discovered tea, but I drink it with just water. No sweeteners or anything.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    One of the benefits of mfp is the learning you get.

Now you know what's in a London fog ( I didn't even know what that was!)

And now you know to check the calories of something before you consume it.

And you also know that the responses to a question on mfp are many and varied ( some helpful, some funny, it's all part of life's rich tapestry)