Ohhhhh my.

Options

Replies

• RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    So, are you grossing or netting 1270 calories each day?
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I had two girl scout cookies this morning which added up to 150 calories.. so I went to the gym on lunch break (my goal is 1200 too)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I thought you were looking for support and ways to burn it off. I didn't realize you were looking for sympathy and shelter from the MFP bullies. Since I'm at work, I can't post an appropriate pic or gif, but....

<insert gif of Sheldon Cooper saying "there, there" and then singing soft kitty>

Excuse me? What is your problem? Is there any reason you need to be so rude? I wasn't merely looking for sympathy. I was looking for support and advice. And my response to the others wasn't meant to be rude in any way, I was simply saying that to me it is a lot so I didn't want to just brush it off. Please learn to not be such an *kitten* in the future.

Well damn.

You seem to be kinda angry there OP. May I suggest...more food? Always perks me right up.
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Work it off and know for next time. LOL. I am so happy I discovered tea, but I drink it with just water. No sweeteners or anything.

I discovered tea last weekend and I'm pretty much in love already! I don't add anything to mine either :)
  • PrairieSlims
    PrairieSlims Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the treat!!! This is a learning curve!!!!:smile:
  • Ranimalove
    Options
    I thought you were looking for support and ways to burn it off. I didn't realize you were looking for sympathy and shelter from the MFP bullies. Since I'm at work, I can't post an appropriate pic or gif, but....

<insert gif of Sheldon Cooper saying "there, there" and then singing soft kitty>

Excuse me? What is your problem? Is there any reason you need to be so rude? I wasn't merely looking for sympathy. I was looking for support and advice. And my response to the others wasn't meant to be rude in any way, I was simply saying that to me it is a lot so I didn't want to just brush it off. Please learn to not be such an *kitten* in the future.

Well damn.

You seem to be kinda angry there OP. May I suggest...more food? Always perks me right up.

I'm just not interested in sarcastic, smart *kitten* that's all :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    61427-George-Takei-oh-my-gif-Dzvp.gif
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Well damn.

Then you should probably stay off the boards. :flowerforyou:
  • Ranimalove
    Options
    Work it off and know for next time. LOL. I am so happy I discovered tea, but I drink it with just water. No sweeteners or anything.

I discovered tea last weekend and I'm pretty much in love already! I don't add anything to mine either :)

I actually drink green tea every day, with nothing in it. I love it as well! I find Earl Grey (what London Fogs contain) tastes better with sweeteners and milk though, so I am going to stay away from it from now on.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I decided to treat myself with a London Fog from Second Cup because it has been a long, hectic, midterm exam-filled week, so I got a medium made with soy milk. And I looked it up to enter it into my diary, and I discover that it's 300 freaking calories!!?!

How is that even possible? I didn't think a tea bag with some soy milk and like a shot of vanilla syrup could add up to THAT much?!

I'm so mad because I did not intend on consuming anything to that extent of unhealthy for a snack. Especially such empty calories. Ugh, that just wrecked all of my progress. Any ideas for how I could attempt to burn this off today? :(

The amount of calories in a food or combination of foods does not determine whether it is healthy or not. -.-
  • Ranimalove
    Options

Well damn.

I have realized that and decided I will be doing that from now on.
  • PrairieSlims
    PrairieSlims Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You have to watch how many servings are in things. It can be very deceiving.!!!!
  • Ranimalove
    Options
    I decided to treat myself with a London Fog from Second Cup because it has been a long, hectic, midterm exam-filled week, so I got a medium made with soy milk. And I looked it up to enter it into my diary, and I discover that it's 300 freaking calories!!?!

How is that even possible? I didn't think a tea bag with some soy milk and like a shot of vanilla syrup could add up to THAT much?!

I'm so mad because I did not intend on consuming anything to that extent of unhealthy for a snack. Especially such empty calories. Ugh, that just wrecked all of my progress. Any ideas for how I could attempt to burn this off today? :(

The amount of calories in a food or combination of foods does not determine whether it is healthy or not. -.-

I never said it did... I am saying it is unhealthy due to the fact that it is EMPTY calories. Mostly pure sugar in the vanilla syrup.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

Well damn.

Not to pout... but I posted a question for you on the first page because I was actually interested in helping you. Yet you focus on replies that you yourself have said you're "not interested in."

I will never understand why threads like these are created, since OP apparently doesn't want help or support or whatever it was she said she wanted in the first place.
    tumblr_inline_mx5r291mkM1rbu2cc.gif
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    300 isnt all that bad. Just cut back on some stuff remaining for the day or burn extra tonight.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Well damn.

So no sense of humor. Got it. You might need to retrain your brain on your attitude towards food. It's a legit suggestion because demonizing foods is what is leading you to freak out instead of realizing that one day doesn't make you fat.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing with a medium hot chocolate from Dunkin' Donuts. 320 calories! Live and learn.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

Well damn.

Not to pout... but I posted a question for you on the first page because I was actually interested in helping you. Yet you focus on replies that you yourself have said you're "not interested in."

I will never understand why threads like these are created, since OP apparently doesn't want help or support or whatever it was she said she wanted in the first place.
    heh
  • Ranimalove
    Options

Well damn.

I am terribly sorry for not getting back to you. Your post must have gotten drowned out in all the other posts. I am still new to using this website, as well.

In response to your question, all I know is that 1270 is the goal they have set for me, so whenever I workout I have to eat more on top of that in order to net 1270.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I never said it did... I am saying it is unhealthy due to the fact that it is EMPTY calories. Mostly pure sugar in the vanilla syrup.

So this drink had no carbs, protein, fats or even micronutritients? How is it so many calories then? That's like drinking water.

If it does have these things, then I don't see how they are empty.