Ohhhhh my.

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I thought you were looking for support and ways to burn it off. I didn't realize you were looking for sympathy and shelter from the MFP bullies. Since I'm at work, I can't post an appropriate pic or gif, but....

<insert gif of Sheldon Cooper saying "there, there" and then singing soft kitty>

Excuse me? What is your problem? Is there any reason you need to be so rude? I wasn't merely looking for sympathy. I was looking for support and advice. And my response to the others wasn't meant to be rude in any way, I was simply saying that to me it is a lot so I didn't want to just brush it off. Please learn to not be such an *kitten* in the future.

Well damn.

You seem to be kinda angry there OP. May I suggest...more food? Always perks me right up.

I'm just not interested in sarcastic, smart *kitten* that's all :)

Then you should probably stay off the boards. :flowerforyou:

I have realized that and decided I will be doing that from now on.
    And yet.....
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I thought you were looking for support and ways to burn it off. I didn't realize you were looking for sympathy and shelter from the MFP bullies. Since I'm at work, I can't post an appropriate pic or gif, but....

<insert gif of Sheldon Cooper saying "there, there" and then singing soft kitty>

Excuse me? What is your problem? Is there any reason you need to be so rude? I wasn't merely looking for sympathy. I was looking for support and advice. And my response to the others wasn't meant to be rude in any way, I was simply saying that to me it is a lot so I didn't want to just brush it off. Please learn to not be such an *kitten* in the future.

Well damn.

You seem to be kinda angry there OP. May I suggest...more food? Always perks me right up.

And life too. :flowerforyou:
  • Ranimalove
    Options

Well damn.

So no sense of humor. Got it. You might need to retrain your brain on your attitude towards food. It's a legit suggestion because demonizing foods is what is leading you to freak out instead of realizing that one day doesn't make you fat.

I don't see anything funny about people being unsupportive to someone who is seeking advice.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try not to demonize food from now on. I have gotten over my little blip today, and realized it's just one little thing. It was just an immediate freak out once I realized, so I decided to post about it. From now on believe me, I won't.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options
    I wanted to add, OP, you have 9 lbs to lose.

You have your calories set way too low at 1270.

Don't try shooting for "two pounds loss per week" - set it for "1/2 pound loss per week" and set your Activity Level more realistically.

Just because there are fast-track options, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

You'll get more calories and be less grumpy.
  • Ranimalove
    Options

Well damn.

"And life too" what? I should stay off of life?
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    Thanks for the sympathy, it does make me feel a little better

And everyone else. I know 300 may not be a lot to some but my calories goal that MFP calculated for me is already quite low (1270) so the 300 brings me to it preeetty quickly. But yes I suppose what's done is done and I know for the future.

I'm on 1270 calories too. You can chalk it up to a bad choice and attempt to keep calories for the week at what they are supposed to be (so adjusting choices for food for the rest of the day plus the rest of the week). You could go for a walk (the faster the pace, the more calories burned) to make up for it and eat sensible for the rest of the day. You could chalk it up to a bad choice and move on (so no adjustments made).

Honestly, all choices are good options because in the long run of a lifestyle change, it's not going to make a difference. Part of what you're learning is to how to flip the "diet thinking" to "lifestyle thinking". Those people that don't have weight problems already naturally make a choice (such as the ones above) and move on.

You can do this!
  • Ranimalove
    Options

Well damn.

And yet.....

AFTER I finish responding to people in this post because god forbid I fail to respond to someone and they get offended.

Trust me, I will not be posting anymore original threads.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

Well damn.

So no sense of humor. Got it. You might need to retrain your brain on your attitude towards food. It's a legit suggestion because demonizing foods is what is leading you to freak out instead of realizing that one day doesn't make you fat.

QFT.
  • randomtai
    Options

Well damn.

Anything to avoid the sarcastic smart a**es. :smile:
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing with a medium hot chocolate from Dunkin' Donuts. 320 calories! Live and learn.

OMG not to derail this post, but I did that too, only with a medium mint hot chocolate. Walking back to the office with a coworker after an offsite meeting, we decided to stop for hot chocolate because it was freezing. I was 3/4 through mine when I logged it. I finished drinking it because I had already gone that far (lol) and just figured I'd stick to hot herbal tea from now on (with 1 tsp sugar, no cream or anything).

But really, whyyyy does the DD hot cocoa have to be >300 calories?! They must use full fat milk and a ton of other crap. Ughh.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Well damn.

Well that's gonna make life kinda complex for you, isn't it?

I'm gonna go head and stick with 'Needs more food'. But then I eat 1270 calories for dinner+dessert so what do I know?
  • Ranimalove
    Options
    Thanks for the sympathy, it does make me feel a little better

And everyone else. I know 300 may not be a lot to some but my calories goal that MFP calculated for me is already quite low (1270) so the 300 brings me to it preeetty quickly. But yes I suppose what's done is done and I know for the future.

I'm on 1270 calories too. You can chalk it up to a bad choice and attempt to keep calories for the week at what they are supposed to be (so adjusting choices for food for the rest of the day plus the rest of the week). You could go for a walk (the faster the pace, the more calories burned) to make up for it and eat sensible for the rest of the day. You could chalk it up to a bad choice and move on (so no adjustments made).

Honestly, all choices are good options because in the long run of a lifestyle change, it's not going to make a difference. Part of what you're learning is to how to flip the "diet thinking" to "lifestyle thinking". Those people that don't have weight problems already naturally make a choice (such as the ones above) and move on.

You can do this!

Thank you so much!
  • Ranimalove
    Options

Well damn.

'

Thanks for the oh-so-helpful suggestion, but I think I am going to stay 'on' life for now.

(See, I can be sarcastic too).

I was mainly referring to smart *kitten* on community boards on websites where I expect support rather than discouragement.
  • billiebills
    billiebills Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    your daily calorie goal is awfully low.. 1200 calories or less will put your body into starvation mode. I would calculate your calories on a different website and input them manually. I don't use their calculations
  • Ranimalove
    Options

Well damn.

Well that's gonna make life kinda complex for you, isn't it?

I'm gonna go head and stick with 'Needs more food'. But then I eat 1270 calories for dinner+dessert so what do I know?

I was referring to smart *kitten* on forums where I am expecting to receive support and encouragement, not the opposite.

Clearly, life is full of *kitten*.

Congratulations on your calorie intake.
  • Ranimalove
    Options
    your daily calorie goal is awfully low.. 1200 calories or less will put your body into starvation mode. I would calculate your calories on a different website and input them manually. I don't use their calculations

Great suggestion! I'll try that. Thanks.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

Well damn.

'

Thanks for the oh-so-helpful suggestion, but I think I am going to stay 'on' life for now.

I was mainly referring to smart *kitten* on community boards on websites where I expect support rather than discouragement.

You might want to review the Community Guidelines sonce you're in violation of them by attacking other users ( calling us *kitten* and smart *kitten*)
  • randomtai
    Options

Well damn.

'

Yet you are the only one insulting and cursing, which by the way is against the TOS. Seems legit. :ohwell:
  • Ranimalove
    Options

Well damn.

'

You might want to review the Community Guidelines sonce you're in violation of them by attacking other users ( calling us *kitten* and smart *kitten*)

I don't believe I referred to anyone specifically as an *kitten* or a smart *kitten*.
  • Yogarunner21
    Options
    I also drink green tea plain but I also enjoy earl grey milky and sweetened the way you do. After running into the same situation, I now make it myself so I know exactly how many calories are in it (plus then I can make it as sweet or not sweet as I want). A plain cup of earl grey plus a couple tsp of sugar / honey / other sweetener plus some milk or almond milk is only about 100 - 150 cals depending on how much milk and sweetener you put. Earl grey almond milk tea is the best!

Good luck and enjoy!