Ohhhhh my.

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    This stuff is what makes me stay off of forums. It would be so nice if people wanted to be helpful and commented, and people who didn't just didn't. The old mama always said if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.

But it's the internet. People know they are millions of miles away from you and you'll never find them and they feel anonymous. it's the whole mob mentality. It's like you can't literally see them doing or saying these things, so they're safe. Unfortunately, you just have to get used to it.

In fact, there are quite a few people who intentionally go around just trying to start stuff on these forums. So try not to get worked up and just ignore the haters. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for the tough love, like when people said hit the gym, eat less at dinner, and get over it. But no one needs to be putting other people down. This is supposed to be a site for support and advice (which, honestly, most users give, even if they aren't nice about it). But guess what, it's also a site for smart alecs, people who want to show off their mostly-naked bodies, dating, extramarital flirting, playing ridiculously assinine games about movies and would you date the person above you, etc. You know, in a perfect world, it'd be a web site for getting support if you want to lose weight or get in shape.

But it ain't.

Note: I don't remember promising to support or advise anyone when I signed up for MFP.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    300 calories really? That is like one serving of oatmeal...log it and move on ...
  • Ranimalove
    Options
    This stuff is what makes me stay off of forums. It would be so nice if people wanted to be helpful and commented, and people who didn't just didn't. The old mama always said if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.

But it's the internet. People know they are millions of miles away from you and you'll never find them and they feel anonymous. it's the whole mob mentality. It's like you can't literally see them doing or saying these things, so they're safe. Unfortunately, you just have to get used to it.

In fact, there are quite a few people who intentionally go around just trying to start stuff on these forums. So try not to get worked up and just ignore the haters. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for the tough love, like when people said hit the gym, eat less at dinner, and get over it. But no one needs to be putting other people down. This is supposed to be a site for support and advice (which, honestly, most users give, even if they aren't nice about it). But guess what, it's also a site for smart alecs, people who want to show off their mostly-naked bodies, dating, extramarital flirting, playing ridiculously assinine games about movies and would you date the person above you, etc. You know, in a perfect world, it'd be a web site for getting support if you want to lose weight or get in shape.

But it ain't.

Note: I don't remember promising to support or advise anyone when I signed up for MFP.

What's the point, then? Do you just want to show off your body, and seek attention, and put others down when they're simply looking for support?

As you said. You can tell a lot about people through their posts.
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Wow. The nested quotes make my eyes feel funny.

Soy Milk has 16 calories per ounce. Only marginally less than 2% milk.
  • Ranimalove
    Options
    300 calories really? That is like one serving of oatmeal...log it and move on ...

Yeah but oatmeal is full of fibre, low fat, and protein. This beverage was mostly just high in sugar and bad fat.

I don't understand all these people who think all food is equivalent because their calorie amount is equivalent.
  • Ranimalove
    Options
    Wow. The nested quotes make my eyes feel funny.

Soy Milk has 16 calories per ounce. Only marginally less than 2% milk.

Great fact, thank you. I will know for next time.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

But it ain't.

*nod nods* And this is Food and Nutrition section. Not the Motivation and Support section..just saying.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I thought you were looking for support and ways to burn it off. I didn't realize you were looking for sympathy and shelter from the MFP bullies. Since I'm at work, I can't post an appropriate pic or gif, but....

<insert gif of Sheldon Cooper saying "there, there" and then singing soft kitty>

Excuse me? What is your problem? Is there any reason you need to be so rude? I wasn't merely looking for sympathy. I was looking for support and advice. And my response to the others wasn't meant to be rude in any way, I was simply saying that to me it is a lot so I didn't want to just brush it off. Please learn to not be such an *kitten* in the future.

Well damn.

You seem to be kinda angry there OP. May I suggest...more food? Always perks me right up.

I'm just not interested in sarcastic, smart *kitten* that's all :)

Then you should probably stay off the boards. :flowerforyou:

I have realized that and decided I will be doing that from now on.
    And yet.....

AFTER I finish responding to people in this post because god forbid I fail to respond to someone and they get offended.

Trust me, I will not be posting anymore original threads.
    this is the end...the end of posting original threads - sung in Jim Morrison voice...
  • Achrya
    Options

But it ain't.

What's the point, then? Do you just want to show off your body, and seek attention, and put others down when they're simply looking for support?

I didn't say that. I think you've confused me with the pikachu. It's fine, we're equally adorable.

I track food and talk to my friends, swap cookie recipes, and occasionally learn things about health and nutrition. All valid reasons to be around and not a one involves agreeing to provide blanket support or advise.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Yeah but oatmeal is full of fibre, low fat, and protein. This beverage was mostly just high in sugar and bad fat.

I don't understand all these people who think all food is equivalent because their calorie amount is equivalent.

then stop drinking them and have something else....problem solved...
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options

She will. She was just venting because she didnt' realize what she had consumed and it caught her by surprise. She'll be fine.

Sent you a FR, OP.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Bad fat? Did the beverage have such an abundance of saturated fat that it made you go way over your weekly allotted amount?
  • Ranimalove
    Options

She will. She was just venting because she didnt' realize what she had consumed and it caught her by surprise. She'll be fine.

Sent you a FR, OP.

Thanks a bunch.
  • Achrya
    Options

Bad fat? What? What fat? It was just soy milk and sugar right?
  • PikaKnight
    Options

But it ain't.

No. "I" said that, not Achyra in regards to telling about people through their posts. And Achyra has actually lent a lot of advice and her own experiences in the majority of her posts here, so not sure what you are saying...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,100 Member
    Options

But it ain't.

OP, YOU are the one who started attacking.

You reap what you sow.

I like to look at Achrya's body, so there is that. She has been nothing but polite.

Although I also like Manatees and snorkeling having grown up in Florida.
  • Achrya
    Options

But it ain't.

No. "I" said that, not Achyra in regards to telling about people through their posts. And Achyra has actually lent a lot of advice and her own experiences in the majority of her posts here, so not sure what you are saying...

What? Shut up. I'm mean and and hardcore and omg, hold on, I have a pikachu picture I found and wanted to send you!
  • ndj1979
    Options

Sent you a FR, OP.

you know there is this really cool and new feature called the MFP phone app that has this additionally really cool feature called a Database. So the database is where you can look up different foods, and drinks and see the calorie counts....yea, so you could of like checked out this ap, went into the database and looked up the calorie count on this drink before you drank it....and then you would of saved yourself all this time and frustration...

or not, and then post a thread about it,and get mad about all the responses....*shrugs shoulders*
  • PikaKnight
    Options

But it ain't.

What? Shut up. I'm mean and and hardcore and omg, hold on, I have a pikachu picture I found and wanted to send you!

:laugh:
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

But it ain't.

Exaxtly, Achyra is really good with advice and recipes.
    Check out her success thread about cookies.