Ohhhhh my.

Options

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    300 calories really? That is like one serving of oatmeal...log it and move on ...

Yeah but oatmeal is full of fibre, low fat, and protein. This beverage was mostly just high in sugar and bad fat.

I don't understand all these people who think all food is equivalent because their calorie amount is equivalent.

Bad fat? What? What fat? It was just soy milk and sugar right?

Here you go.

t71Ms18.png

There's nothing empty about that. 35% Iron! for 300 cals! Damn! If I had access to that, I'd work it into my calories!

Seriously. I bust my but trying to hit my iron without taking supplements (The anemic struggle is real.) Do you have any idea how much cream of wheat I eat? I don't even like cream of wheat (without bacon mixed in...)

Vit A and Calcium don't look bad either.

I increased my steak intake and have been able to hit my Iron everyday this week without taking a supplement

Idk why but I thought you dodnt eat red meat.

I will have to stalk your diary more.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I came looking for the origin of OP's mean people thread. I was not disappointed.

Carry on...

lol What? Link?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1201603-negativity
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    This stuff is what makes me stay off of forums. It would be so nice if people wanted to be helpful and commented, and people who didn't just didn't. The old mama always said if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.

But it's the internet. People know they are millions of miles away from you and you'll never find them and they feel anonymous. it's the whole mob mentality. It's like you can't literally see them doing or saying these things, so they're safe. Unfortunately, you just have to get used to it.

In fact, there are quite a few people who intentionally go around just trying to start stuff on these forums. So try not to get worked up and just ignore the haters. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for the tough love, like when people said hit the gym, eat less at dinner, and get over it. But no one needs to be putting other people down. This is supposed to be a site for support and advice (which, honestly, most users give, even if they aren't nice about it). But guess what, it's also a site for smart alecs, people who want to show off their mostly-naked bodies, dating, extramarital flirting, playing ridiculously assinine games about movies and would you date the person above you, etc. You know, in a perfect world, it'd be a web site for getting support if you want to lose weight or get in shape.

But it ain't.

Note: I don't remember promising to support or advise anyone when I signed up for MFP.

What's the point, then? Do you just want to show off your body, and seek attention, and put others down when they're simply looking for support?

As you said. You can tell a lot about people through their posts.
    OP, YOU are the one who started attacking.

You reap what you sow.

I like to look at Achrya's body, so there is that. She has been nothing but polite.

Although I also like Manatees and snorkeling having grown up in Florida.

I completely disagree with you that I was the one who started attacking and that Achrya has been nothing but polite.

Glad you enjoy the manatees.

Actually it went like this!

Excuse me? What is your problem? Is there any reason you need to be so rude? I wasn't merely looking for sympathy. I was looking for support and advice. And my response to the others wasn't meant to be rude in any way, I was simply saying that to me it is a lot so I didn't want to just brush it off. Please learn to not be such an *kitten* in the future.

Well damn.

You seem to be kinda angry there OP. May I suggest...more food? Always perks me right up.

That was my first response to you, which was actually not mean or rude at all and was very much a response to your little flip out there. So. Yeah, you went on the offensive and I showed up and suggested that maybe you could do with someone more food because you seem kinda angry.

Whatever though.
  • Achrya
    Options
    300 calories really? That is like one serving of oatmeal...log it and move on ...

Yeah but oatmeal is full of fibre, low fat, and protein. This beverage was mostly just high in sugar and bad fat.

I don't understand all these people who think all food is equivalent because their calorie amount is equivalent.

Here you go.

t71Ms18.png

There's nothing empty about that. 35% Iron! for 300 cals! Damn! If I had access to that, I'd work it into my calories!

Seriously. I bust my but trying to hit my iron without taking supplements (The anemic struggle is real.) Do you have any idea how much cream of wheat I eat? I don't even like cream of wheat (without bacon mixed in...)

I just take the supplement hahaha

Spinach, Chelle, spinach

I'm tired of spinach. That and broccoli are the only veggies I even like, but I'm all burned out.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options

then stop drinking them and have something else....problem solved...

She will. She was just venting because she didnt' realize what she had consumed and it caught her by surprise. She'll be fine.

Sent you a FR, OP.

Thanks a bunch.

Not sure on the tone here, but it seems a little snarky... you know I was standing up for you, right?
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options

Here you go.

t71Ms18.png

I agree- as someone who is anemic, that is pretty impressive count for iron in a drink...also, the fibre count and protien counts are decent.
  • Ranimalove
    Options

then stop drinking them and have something else....problem solved...

She will. She was just venting because she didnt' realize what she had consumed and it caught her by surprise. She'll be fine.

Sent you a FR, OP.

Thanks a bunch.

Not sure on the tone here, but it seems a little snarky... you know I was standing up for you, right?

I was absolutely not being snarky or sarcastic!! I really meant thank you! I accepted your friend request.
  • LishieFruit89
    Options

Here you go.

t71Ms18.png

Spinach, Chelle, spinach

I'm tired of spinach. That and broccoli are the only veggies I even like, but I'm all burned out.

Kale.

Hear me out!!
    Saute with oil (or butter) and garlic.
    Top with a fried egg or 3.
    And some cheese.

Protein, fat, low carbs, iron, and other micros
  • Ranimalove
    Options
    This stuff is what makes me stay off of forums. It would be so nice if people wanted to be helpful and commented, and people who didn't just didn't. The old mama always said if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.

But it's the internet. People know they are millions of miles away from you and you'll never find them and they feel anonymous. it's the whole mob mentality. It's like you can't literally see them doing or saying these things, so they're safe. Unfortunately, you just have to get used to it.

In fact, there are quite a few people who intentionally go around just trying to start stuff on these forums. So try not to get worked up and just ignore the haters. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for the tough love, like when people said hit the gym, eat less at dinner, and get over it. But no one needs to be putting other people down. This is supposed to be a site for support and advice (which, honestly, most users give, even if they aren't nice about it). But guess what, it's also a site for smart alecs, people who want to show off their mostly-naked bodies, dating, extramarital flirting, playing ridiculously assinine games about movies and would you date the person above you, etc. You know, in a perfect world, it'd be a web site for getting support if you want to lose weight or get in shape.

But it ain't.

Note: I don't remember promising to support or advise anyone when I signed up for MFP.

What's the point, then? Do you just want to show off your body, and seek attention, and put others down when they're simply looking for support?

You reap what you sow.

I like to look at Achrya's body, so there is that. She has been nothing but polite.

I completely disagree with you that I was the one who started attacking and that Achrya has been nothing but polite.

Excuse me? What is your problem? Is there any reason you need to be so rude? I wasn't merely looking for sympathy. I was looking for support and advice. And my response to the others wasn't meant to be rude in any way, I was simply saying that to me it is a lot so I didn't want to just brush it off. Please learn to not be such an *kitten* in the future.

Well damn.

You seem to be kinda angry there OP. May I suggest...more food? Always perks me right up.

That was my first response to you, which was actually not mean or rude at all and was very much a response to your little flip out there. So. Yeah, you went on the offensive and I showed up and suggested that maybe you could do with someone more food because you seem kinda angry.

Whatever though.

And I responded with "I'm just not interested in sarcastic, smart *kitten* that's all :)"

So... nothing towards you. I was referring to the people you were referring to my reaction to.
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I ate at a restaurant called O'Charley's a week ago and found out I consumed 3,500 calories in one sitting.
  • LishieFruit89
    Options
    I ate at a restaurant called O'Charley's a week ago and found out I consumed 3,500 calories in one sitting.

Sounds delicious.

Was there chocolate lava cake?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I learned the hard way with Second Cup too...try looking up a soy chai latte, and compare it to starbucks :noway:
  • Achrya
    Options

But it ain't.

You reap what you sow.

Well damn.

Whatever though.

And I responded with "I'm just not interested in sarcastic, smart *kitten* that's all :)"

So... nothing towards you. I was referring to the people you were referring to my reaction to.

But you said I didn't seem very supportive or inspiring, based off my supposedly rudeness here. But I've never actually been rude. I suggested you eat more because your mood seems to be suffering from a low calorie amount, I told why there is a perception that you're sitting around all day/sedentary, and I questioned your opinion that your drink was empty calories (When most people seem to agree it was actually a pretty good drink as far as macros/micros go.)

Not that I'm all fussed about your perception of my helpfulness, since again I'm not here to be supportive to the masses, but let's not act like you didn't judge me as rude.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I blew my calories for the day. By a lot. But, whatever. :laugh: I've been avoiding my favorite resturant in the area because I know I'll blow 3-4k on it.
  • Achrya
    Options

Here you go.

t71Ms18.png

Spinach, Chelle, spinach

Kale.

Hear me out!!
    And some cheese.

Kale is a garnish.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options

Spinach, Chelle, spinach

You mean you're tired of constantly eating broccoli and spinach? Why not drink them? Believe me that's the only way I can stomach such a large intake of vegetables and fruit in one go (I'd go forever without one piece of fruit or vegetable, the habit is proving hard to break). Just add a whole bunch of spinach, kale, carrots, heck celery.......then blend it all with a lot of fruit. You can't even taste it. A fruit and veggie smoothie :smile: :flowerforyou:

Note: Just a suggestion, I don't really know much about you in terms of your nutrition intake. I do this in addition to what I usually eat cuz it works for me.

MM that or a big fat steak :drinker:
  • LishieFruit89
    Options

Here you go.

t71Ms18.png

Spinach, Chelle, spinach

Kale.

Hear me out!!
    And some cheese.

Kale is a garnish.

Yeah kinda....

Try other leafy things...?
    I just take the iron supplement...
    Maybe I should go get a steak soon...
    And a baked potato... with butter, garlic, and salt.
    And asparagus with parmesan cheese
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

Here you go.

t71Ms18.png

Spinach, Chelle, spinach

Kale.

Hear me out!!
    And some cheese.

Kale is a garnish.

Agreed. Not even a tasty garnish. Like pickles.

(in honor of the olympics and my dislike of kale)
    tumblr_inline_msqhotk2wD1qz4rgp.gif
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    I love my coffee drinks, so I ask for the 'sugarless' syrups.
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I try to net about 1200 a day but its dang near impossible. I usually wind up working off 350-400 calories a day at the gym and eating those back.. So I really eat about 1500-1660 and net 1200-1300. Today because of an bad breakfast choice, I'm going to be about 1400 net and 1750 calories.