Ohhhhh my.

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    300 calories really? That is like one serving of oatmeal...log it and move on ...

Yeah but oatmeal is full of fibre, low fat, and protein. This beverage was mostly just high in sugar and bad fat.

I don't understand all these people who think all food is equivalent because their calorie amount is equivalent.

Bad fat? What? What fat? It was just soy milk and sugar right?

Here you go.

t71Ms18.png

There's nothing empty about that. 35% Iron! for 300 cals! Damn! If I had access to that, I'd work it into my calories!

Seriously. I bust my but trying to hit my iron without taking supplements (The anemic struggle is real.) Do you have any idea how much cream of wheat I eat? I don't even like cream of wheat (without bacon mixed in...)

Vit A and Calcium don't look bad either.

I increased my steak intake and have been able to hit my Iron everyday this week without taking a supplement

Idk why but I thought you dodnt eat red meat.

I will have to stalk your diary more.

I eat all the meats :tongue: I'm probably going to eat some duck some time next week. I just like chicken more and have found it a really good ratio of calories to protein. But beef is really good too and has the iron that I have had trouble maintaining. So lessons learned all the time :tongue:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    well this thread exploded in record time...
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    300 calories really? That is like one serving of oatmeal...log it and move on ...

Yeah but oatmeal is full of fibre, low fat, and protein. This beverage was mostly just high in sugar and bad fat.

I don't understand all these people who think all food is equivalent because their calorie amount is equivalent.

Here you go.

t71Ms18.png

There's nothing empty about that. 35% Iron! for 300 cals! Damn! If I had access to that, I'd work it into my calories!

Seriously. I bust my but trying to hit my iron without taking supplements (The anemic struggle is real.) Do you have any idea how much cream of wheat I eat? I don't even like cream of wheat (without bacon mixed in...)

I don't even know where all that iron is coming from. Or the protein, for that matter. I am surprised. The point is, though, that I really wasn't intending on consuming that many calories as a snack. I have plans for an unhealthy dinner tomorrow so I was saving up. Now I realize it's done, can't do anything about it. Certainly can argue about it with a lot of strangers on the internet though.
    Wait, so your issue isn't that these were empty calories, but that they weren't the empty calories you were going to eat the next day?

Because I was dismissive of the soy milk until I saw the stats on that thing--now I'm wondering if I should try to choke it down once in a while.

I can't think of a more delicious way to drink any type of milk. It's technically an "Earl Grey Tea Latte" with vanilla syrup in it, if your barista isn't familiar. It's typically made half with hot water and half with hot milk. I order one all the time; however, I typically request no water because I'd rather have ALL THE MILKS
  • RivenV
    Options

Here you go.

t71Ms18.png

I don't even know where all that iron is coming from. Or the protein, for that matter. I am surprised. The point is, though, that I really wasn't intending on consuming that many calories as a snack. I have plans for an unhealthy dinner tomorrow so I was saving up. Now I realize it's done, can't do anything about it. Certainly can argue about it with a lot of strangers on the internet though.
    Wait, so your issue isn't that these were empty calories, but that they weren't the empty calories you were going to eat the next day?

Because I was dismissive of the soy milk until I saw the stats on that thing--now I'm wondering if I should try to choke it down once in a while.

I can't think of a more delicious way to drink any type of milk. It's technically an "Earl Grey Tea Latte" with vanilla syrup in it, if your barista isn't familiar. It's typically made half with hot water and half with hot milk. I order one all the time; however, I typically request no water because I'd rather have ALL THE MILKS
    Oh don't get me wrong--it sounds delicious and I'm kicking myself that I've never thought of it before. I just usually prefer regular milk (skim for me is easier on my stomach), but the stats on the soy milk are pretty good.
    Agreed! I've made it with whole milk at home and it's absolutely divine. But I've had it with rice, soy, and almond milk at a local Citybrew near my workplace as well. If they use a "vanilla" soy, it's especially decadent.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    300 calories won't wreck anything. Just move on.

^this...

...and in.

ETA:
    I'm just not interested in sarcastic, smart *kitten* that's all :)

Oh.

:indifferent:

...and out.
  • RivenV
    Options
    300 calories won't wreck anything. Just move on.

^this...

...and in.

It's about time.
    tumblr_inline_myflhzCz7w1rbu2cc.gif
    I've been waiting.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    this post just makes me appreciate my black coffee more and more :love:

nothing better than a good tasting dark roast :drinker:
  • anyamb
    anyamb Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The calories are probably largely from the syrup. Don't let them fool you -- it's never just one pump. I've seen them squirt as much as 6 pumps of syrup into a 12 oz. That's a lot of sugar.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I find THAT insulting because that is labelling me as some grumpy person when really I'm quite the opposite, generally.

I'm still catching up on this thread, but I found ^this comment absolutely fascinating based on what I've read so far.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

"bad fat"? Specifically which fat is that so I'll know to avoid it myself?

(Also, see someone else's earlier comment about "demonizing food".)

ETA totally unrelated rant:

There is no such thing as soy "milk". Soy does not have teats. What you had in your drink was sweetened strained mashed up soy water. Unless you're lactose intolerant, I highly recommend the more nutritious and more delicious animal (of your choice)'s milk.

/rant

ETAM:

Yeah, the nutrition stats have me reconsidering my stance on soy "milk".

Nah, just kidding. I'm still not going to drink that abomination of "milk".

:tongue:
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Is it time for cats yet?

237.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Here you go.

t71Ms18.png

How did you ever arrive at a conclusion of "empty calories" and "bad fat"???

I honestly don't understand some people...at all...

ETA: I see that others beat me to it. Guess I should read through the whole thread before posting...

...I *should*...

...but I'm not going to.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Here you go.

t71Ms18.png

OP, I just have to know, especially given this thread so far, what would you consider an "unhealthy dinner"???
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Here you go.

t71Ms18.png

How did you ever arrive at a conclusion of "empty calories" and "bad fat"???

I honestly don't understand some people...at all...

ETA: I see that others beat me to it. Guess I should read through the whole thread before posting...

...I *should*...

...but I'm not going to.

I'm pretty sure I could fit this into my day everyday with no real issue, considering the macros.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I have a few pages to go, but something seems off to me about the nutrition calculations. I can't figure out how they are getting 19 g of protein for 16 oz, not all of which is the soy milk. (The calories are probably right, because of the sugar and mandarin. It sounds worth it though.)
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    Today I have learned there is such a thing as a London Fog. It is so good, and so bad that many freak out over this thing known as a London Fog. I must have this beverage.
  • DavidCHobby
    Options
    It's the beverage that killed MFP. Do not take this beverage lightly.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Today I have learned there is such a thing as a London Fog. It is so good, and so bad that many freak out over this thing known as a London Fog. I must have this beverage.

I tried one a few weeks ago. I did not like it. Not even a little. Sorry.
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    It's the beverage that killed MFP. Do not take this beverage lightly.

Ha! There is no beverage on this planet that could kill MFP! Surely you jest!

@3dogsrunning : this makes me sad, because I still must try one even though I now fear it will be a great disappointment.

On another note an Irish cue ball is NEVER a beverage that disappoints and always worth the calories.
    :drinker:
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options

I tried one a few weeks ago. I did not like it. Not even a little. Sorry.

Perhaps if you added the previously mentioned whiskey?