chubby or skinny

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Can someone summarize the past 9 pages for me?

Thank you.
    Fat women get abused and don't get dates and skinny women get all the perks.

And if you're anorexic, you get dates and modeling contracts.

So... no mention of bacon, eh?

I got some of my cinnamon roll icing on my bacon just now and that made me very happy.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

It would be nice if we could have a thread where some woman didn't feel the need to come in and insult other women's body types.

I guess that's too much to ask.

I was thinking the same thing. It gets a little old, doesn't it? Imagine the outrage if there were body shaming directed at the overweight in every thread.

Meh, I've been heavy most of my life and the people who've always done the teasing are skinny. I say let the skinny people have it. They deserve to feel what it's like. Maybe they'll actually develop a little empathy from it.

Wow, really?!? You don't think we got it, too?!? You don't think that people told me I should eat a cheeseburger or forced to eat a sammich?? Screw that! No ONE should be tortured for their weight. No one!

Yeah but when people tease skinny people it's usually coming from a different place. It's usually more a "you should fatten up so you don't make look so bad." When people tease fat people it's literally to punish them for being fat and to make themselves feel good. It's not balanced at all. You see this in so many areas. You can even look at extremes like eating disorders that cause you to be too skinny. Those are diseases right? That's accepted as such. But when someone says obesity is a disease people laugh and say "get some self control!"

edit: spelling
    Ah, no. I've gotten some pretty hateful treatment from women based solely on my size. Comments like "slut" and "*kitten*" based entirely on the fact that I'm thin and being told right to my face that I should just stop starving myself so I can be thin and steal everyone else's man. Being ostrasized from a group of "friends" because they were all bigger than me and thought I'd make them look bad. Being called "skeleton girl". When a group of women look at you and laugh blatantly and whisper comments to each other and you know it's about your size. It's not any different.

Why do people say this to you? It just doesn't make sense to me. I am not saying you are overweight by any means but from your pictures you do not look super skinny (I mean that in a good way by the way). I would say you are a (wouldn't say average since anymore average in America is overweight) "healthy and optimal" size. Are they just upset that you aren't fat and out of shape? Unless your pics are deceiving you def don't look like a "skeleton girl"
    Just being thin and in shape will bring on nastiness.

You don't have to be a skeleton.

When people were talking behind my back calling me anorexic, I was not skeletal. I was 5'3" and between 110-120 pounds. No bones sticking out except maybe where they should and plenty of muscle tone.

I guess that makes sense. I know I much prefer a woman who is fit and in shape over a "skeleton" any day.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    That's what you keep bragging about. Look at Sarah Palin for an example of looks. The woman was bat**** crazy but people wanted her as vice president because she was hot. Hillary...not hot. Smart but frumpy and fat. Wont be president

neither one have what it takes to do the job lol

exactly. No prostate, no president.

Annnnddd....just when you though this thread couldn't get any worse...just throw in a side of sexism...
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    That's what you keep bragging about. Look at Sarah Palin for an example of looks. The woman was bat**** crazy but people wanted her as vice president because she was hot. Hillary...not hot. Smart but frumpy and fat. Wont be president

Annnnddd....just when you though this thread couldn't get any worse...just throw in a side of sexism...

train-wreck_418787_GIFSoup.com.gif
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm not getting that answer anytime soon.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I guess that makes sense. I know I much prefer a woman who is fit and in shape over a "skeleton" any day.

Everyone has a preference and sometimes personality overrides those. Anyway, when it comes from other women, it isn't about what they find attractive, it's about jealousy and insecurity. Plain and simple. If anyone (fat or skinny) can't feel good about his or herself without putting someone else down, that person has a problem with him or herself that's being turned outward.

It was a joke ...
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    umm Ive dated both skinny and chubby women

and it was awesome because they were awesome people

I will read this thread later~
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

Everyone has a preference and sometimes personality overrides those. Anyway, when it comes from other women, it isn't about what they find attractive, it's about jealousy and insecurity. Plain and simple. If anyone (fat or skinny) can't feel good about his or herself without putting someone else down, that person has a problem with him or herself that's being turned outward.

It was a joke ...

good one...
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I got some of my cinnamon roll icing on my bacon just now and that made me very happy.

That made me happy for you...
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

It would be nice if we could have a thread where some woman didn't feel the need to come in and insult other women's body types.

I was thinking the same thing. It gets a little old, doesn't it? Imagine the outrage if there were body shaming directed at the overweight in every thread.

Meh, I've been heavy most of my life and the people who've always done the teasing are skinny. I say let the skinny people have it. They deserve to feel what it's like. Maybe they'll actually develop a little empathy from it.

That's a very sad generalization. So because a few thin people teased you, all thin people should be teased now? I can tell you it doesn't feel very good to be told you need to eat a cheeseburger for being too thin. Especially when you can't eat one because you have a bowel disorder. Everyone has his or her own story sweetheart. Don't judge us all based on a couple of cruel people you came into contact with.

To say it's only a couple shows the blindness skinny people have to the issue. So a few people told you to eat a cheese burger. Probably friends, maybe some family. Did total strangers ever do it? Every kid at school? People on the street every point? Doubt it.

Holy bitterness!

Do you let that kind of vitriol roll off the tongue in public, too?

If you are constantly coming in contact with cruel people, maybe take a look at how you treat others. You probably have a knack at bringing out the worst in others, and weight probably has very little to do with it.

You seriously aren't getting it. If strangers point at you and laugh it has zero to do with how you treat people? Your arguement makes no sense. And why does your advice not apply to the skinny girl who's friends make fun of her for being skinny? She she examine herself aswell? Or does this advice only apply to a fat person being made fun of? Again, like I said. The rules are different. If you're fat and you get made fun of it's your fault. You're doing something wrong. If you get teased for being too skinny you're the victim.

actually it does, if you are a negative person then that tends to bring out negative in those around you whether you are fat skinny or fit it does not matter, negativity is a bad aura about you that just attracts more negativity from those around you whether you are walking past strangers or talking to people it is a vibe that you can give off to others and then that will come back at ya.

I remember one time saying hello to someone who just spewed negative energy and she grunted at me lol If you are a confident happy person then people will be more likely to be nicer to you and not be as mean
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

That's a very sad generalization. So because a few thin people teased you, all thin people should be teased now? I can tell you it doesn't feel very good to be told you need to eat a cheeseburger for being too thin. Especially when you can't eat one because you have a bowel disorder. Everyone has his or her own story sweetheart. Don't judge us all based on a couple of cruel people you came into contact with.

To say it's only a couple shows the blindness skinny people have to the issue. So a few people told you to eat a cheese burger. Probably friends, maybe some family. Did total strangers ever do it? Every kid at school? People on the street every point? Doubt it.

Holy bitterness!

If you are constantly coming in contact with cruel people, maybe take a look at how you treat others. You probably have a knack at bringing out the worst in others, and weight probably has very little to do with it.

You seriously aren't getting it. If strangers point at you and laugh it has zero to do with how you treat people? Your arguement makes no sense. And why does your advice not apply to the skinny girl who's friends make fun of her for being skinny? She she examine herself aswell? Or does this advice only apply to a fat person being made fun of? Again, like I said. The rules are different. If you're fat and you get made fun of it's your fault. You're doing something wrong. If you get teased for being too skinny you're the victim.

actually it does, if you are a negative person then that tends to bring out negative in those around you whether you are fat skinny or fit it does not matter, negativity is a bad aura about you that just attracts more negativity from those around you whether you are walking past strangers or talking to people it is a vibe that you can give off to others and then that will come back at ya.

I remember one time saying hello to someone who just spewed negative energy and she grunted at me lol If you are a confident happy person then people will be more likely to be nicer to you and not be as mean

That's very true. I make a point to try to smile at people out in public. Most of them will smile back. It makes me feel good knowing that I'm making them feel hopefully a little better and maybe making them have a better day. Maybe they'll pass it on to the next person!
  • Azchange
    Azchange Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Neither extreme.

List of qualifications I look for in potential applicants:
    Teeth
    Intelligence
    Humor

All required.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Neither extreme.

Teeth
    Intelligence
    Humor

All required.
    A lack of teeth could work to your advantage, though.
  • Azchange
    Options

Holy bitterness!

That's very true. I make a point to try to smile at people out in public. Most of them will smile back. It makes me feel good knowing that I'm making them feel hopefully a little better and maybe making them have a better day. Maybe they'll pass it on to the next person!

Am I the only who thinks everyone replying went way overboard? I guess the way I interpreted it was a kind of funny joke. Not bashing thin women, but promoting more... just "more" women. I don't think there was any malicious intent in her statement.

Who know's, that's just how I perceived it.
  • Azchange
    Options
    Neither extreme.

Teeth
    Intelligence
    Humor

All required.

Mmm, touche. Well played. Very well played.
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Neither extreme.

Teeth
    Intelligence
    Humor

All required.

LOL, Best post of the day!
  • rml_16
    Options
    Am I the only who thinks everyone replying went way overboard? I guess the way I interpreted it was a kind of funny joke. Not bashing thin women, but promoting more... just "more" women. I don't think there was any malicious intent in her statement.

If you have ever dated a thin woman, you should be insulted by it. She basically said men who date or marry thin women are lesser men than the ones who date heavy women.

It's just another version of, "Real men like curves. Only dogs like bones."

It's saying that if you are with a thin woman, you're a dog and thin women aren't worthy of good men. It's insulting and rude.
  • Azchange
    Options

If you have ever dated a thin woman, you should be insulted by it. She basically said men who date or marry thin women are lesser men than the ones who date heavy women.

It's just another version of, "Real men like curves. Only dogs like bones."

It's saying that if you are with a thin woman, you're a dog and thin women aren't worthy of good men. It's insulting and rude.

Understood, glad I learned that before I got caught up in some baaad shii..stuff

Thanks for the enlightenment!
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

It was a joke ...

good one...

It actually was a good one. too bad you can't buy a sense of humor.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I prefer someone who is fit! May have a little extra here and there, but honestly too much weight is a turn off, and not enough is a turn off. Height is more important then weight, me being 6ft an all...

this only I am 5'7

Yuck. You ruined the feel-goodsy string of "My boyfriend is 300lbs and I only care about personality" posts.

although I do like them muscular to