chubby or skinny

Options

Replies

• Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    To the OP, I don't really mind within the boundaries of extremes. I don't get turned on by skeletons, nor do I like having to hold things out of the way to get access to areas. If neither applies, I wouldn't rule anything out based solely on body type.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Hey.. Im fat. I know that no one wants fat people... and I personally know that cute and chubby is an insult. Skinny people get everything in life. Fat people get nothing.

You don't need to lose weight. You need to lose that attitude. Good grief. I'm smaller, but I'm also single and not once handed anything in life. I have had to work hard to get where I am in life, from gaining the weight in a healthy manner to any and everything else. I did it with a positive attitude, not an entitled one.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Hey.. Im fat. I know that no one wants fat people... and I personally know that cute and chubby is an insult. Skinny people get everything in life. Fat people get nothing.

One of my best friends is morbidly obese. She's one of the most popular girls I know, always has been. She's well over 100 lbs. overweight. She's got one of the best personalities I've ever seen, is one of the best dancers I've ever seen. She's never been without a man in her life and is happily married. It's not about size, it's about attitude.
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Most of the threads on here involve body shamming... and its all the skinny people doing it
  • kackaroo
    kackaroo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I prefer a man with a bit of meat on them
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    starting to realize this thread was a gateway to skinny bashing and body shaming.

See, av.
  • emilyasdf
    emilyasdf Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    At first I would say skinny, because the chubbier guys I've dated had some serious insecurity and self-esteem issues associated with being a little bigger, but I guess skinny guys can have their esteem issues with being smaller.. I would prefer to date a guy who is comfortable with who they are as a person, chubby or skinny.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Most of the threads on here involve body shamming... and its all the skinny people doing it

Um. No.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options

BS.

In this thread alone there are examples of body shaming towards thinner women.
  • Expect_The_Worst
    Options
    Triple, Nonfat, With Whip
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

You are a sad, sad person.
    Options

that's pretty funny, considering its all been skinny shaming. Not one person has made one sideways remark about anyone overweight.
  • MissSarahAllison315
    Options
    I'm all for them skinny. I've dated both, but I've found my preference lies in the tall and uber skinny. Mmmm. YUP.

Edit to say when I mean both, I literally mean from 350lbs down to my current boyfriend who is 145. They're ALL good..it's about ATTITUDE and personality!!!!
    Options
    starting to realize this thread was a gateway to skinny bashing and body shaming.

See, av.

that is one of my favorite sayings. :happy:
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

I don't believe that for a second. The reason most people are on here is because at some point they weren't skinny.

There is a difference between failing to sympathise with those with attitude problems, losing patience with those who refuse to follow sensible advice, and body shaming.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

I've never once been involved in any body shaming on this forum, nor have I seen many others doing it. When I have, it's usually been comments about boniness, to be honest. Please give examples of what you believe to be body shaming against the obese here. I don't believe in body shaming, myself, and I believe you are participating in it yourself by targeting the thin as selfish people who are mean and don't earn what they get in life.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    who cares?

I care!!!! I mean seriously though, as long as she has nice teeth!!!!!

RIGHT?!!

tumblr_mn5mlex8TZ1s9zno7o1_1280.jpg
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    At first I would say skinny, because the chubbier guys I've dated had some serious insecurity and self-esteem issues associated with being a little bigger, but I guess skinny guys can have their esteem issues with being smaller.. I would prefer to date a guy who is comfortable with who they are as a person, chubby or skinny.

That's because the women the chubby guys have met have generally not been at all accepting of it LOL. Seriously, try to talk to a girl at a bar as a 300lb guy. It's not exactly a positive experience. Are all women flat out rude? Of course not. Do most dismiss you almost immediately. Yes. It's 10,000 times more harder than if you're skinny.
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Well my cousin has been hospitalized and gone through treatment for anorexia twice, cannot walk through a mall in the greater los angeles area without getting phone numbers from men, offers to model, her gas pumped, her groceries carried to her apartment, offers to go on a yacht for the weekend..etc. She'll tell you personally that after she hits the 110 pound mark the offers stop drifting off, but they pour in at 95 pounds....
  • Leah_Alexis
    Leah_Alexis Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Both. It's more about their smile and attitude vs. their body type.