chubby or skinny

Options

Replies

• somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options

It would be nice if we could have a thread where some woman didn't feel the need to come in and insult other women's body types.

I guess that's too much to ask.

I was thinking the same thing. It gets a little old, doesn't it? Imagine the outrage if there were body shaming directed at the overweight in every thread.

Meh, I've been heavy most of my life and the people who've always done the teasing are skinny. I say let the skinny people have it. They deserve to feel what it's like. Maybe they'll actually develop a little empathy from it.

Wow, really?!? You don't think we got it, too?!? You don't think that people told me I should eat a cheeseburger or forced to eat a sammich?? Screw that! No ONE should be tortured for their weight. No one!

Yeah but when people tease skinny people it's usually coming from a different place. It's usually more a "you should fatten up so you don't make look so bad." When people tease fat people it's literally to punish them for being fat and to make themselves feel good. It's not balanced at all. You see this in so many areas. You can even look at extremes like eating disorders that cause you to be too skinny. Those are diseases right? That's accepted as such. But when someone says obesity is a disease people laugh and say "get some self control!"

edit: spelling
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    All these men are LYING LYING LYING. No one wants a fat girl, Chubby is a fancy word for a gross and fat . Chubby still means fat and nasty. It's just a nice way of saying it. Just like "unfortunite looking" is a nice way of saying one is actually as ugly as homemade sin.

You have quite a disgusting view on the world as well. May I suggest you not force your body image issues on others? I can't believe how much body hate others have. And I REALLY can't believe that because YOU don't like a particular body image, that it means that NOBODY can like that body image, and in fact they are just disgusting people. WTF is wrong with you people? Keep your shame to yourself and your therapist, don't try and force it on others.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options

:huh:

Seriously?

Why can't people just be attracted to what they like without having to be mocked/shamed for it? "lolz you like skinny chicks, bet you just can't handle a woman with curves!!" Really?
    What about skinny chicks with curves? ;-)

I love curves. Curves are mandatory! But seriously, anyone of any body shape can be sexy, confident, and attractive. But you have to be that way in your mind. I love a lady with confidence and someone who can rock what they have.

Attitude is everything! :flowerforyou:
  • DamianaKitten
    Options
    All these men are LYING LYING LYING. No one wants a fat girl, Chubby is a fancy word for a gross and fat . Chubby still means fat and nasty. It's just a nice way of saying it. Just like "unfortunite looking" is a nice way of saying one is actually as ugly as homemade sin.

I hope to god you're being sarcastic.

Based on post history, she's not.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

good googa mooga. Chubby does not mean fat and nasty, my goodness. I have seen plenty of cute chubby girls with hot guys and vice versa. Its not always about looks and its definitely not always about weight.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

Someone's bitter about not getting any.
  • Helenavee42
    Options

Is this person nice with good teeth and manners?

I am going do second this question to ask if I were single again! I dated an ex (or so I thought) cocaine addict and I'm not sure if it was from that or not but his teeth were all kinds of f*cked up and it really turned me off of making out for a few years.

To the actual topic. My ex was kinda chubby but my fiance is nearly skin and bones. (He's working on gaining weight. He actually just joined here and is still learning things.) I don't care as long as his teeth are in good shape, he has a great personality, he is sweet and caring, and he knows how to treat a lady.

I think all bodies are beautiful and should be treated that way.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

It would be nice if we could have a thread where some woman didn't feel the need to come in and insult other women's body types.

I was thinking the same thing. It gets a little old, doesn't it? Imagine the outrage if there were body shaming directed at the overweight in every thread.

Meh, I've been heavy most of my life and the people who've always done the teasing are skinny. I say let the skinny people have it. They deserve to feel what it's like. Maybe they'll actually develop a little empathy from it.

Wow, really?!? You don't think we got it, too?!? You don't think that people told me I should eat a cheeseburger or forced to eat a sammich?? Screw that! No ONE should be tortured for their weight. No one!

Yeah but when people tease skinny people it's usually coming from a different place. It's usually more a "you should fatten up so you don't make look so bad." When people tease fat people it's literally to punish them for being fat and to make themselves feel good. It's not balanced at all. You see this in so many areas. You can even look at extremes like eating disorders that cause you to be too skinny. Those are diseases right? That's accepted as such. But when someone says obesity is a disease people laugh and say "get some self control!"

[/quote]
    Did you miss the part where I said people actually whispered behind my back that I was anorexic? That was not coming from a "good" place. It was nasty and it wasn't true.
  • DamianaKitten
    Options

FYI~ A fat person teasing a skinny person so that said fat person can feel better about themselves... It is punishing them for being skinny. When someone mocks or shames another person, it isn't about the other person, it's about the person doing the mockery. Mocking people makes some people feel better about themselves.

It is a disgusting way of being to mock another person for their own choices.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

lol

We all know that overweight women never get married.
    Options

Wow, you need help. Really, you do. I should eat more so I don't LOOK SO BAD?!?! How the EFF is that even remotely ACCEPTABLE?!? I don't understand how you don't see that as punishment or how that isn't the equivalent of making someone feel like *kitten* about themselves. Yea, I sure felt AMAZING when I was told I looked like Skeletor. Yep, that felt AWESOME. I not ONCE made fun of a person for his or her weight. Not ONCE. And, because I was made fun of so much for being under weight, I never would. You would think being made fun of for being heavy, you would understand that. Obviously not.
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hey.. Im fat. I know that no one wants fat people... and I personally know that cute and chubby is an insult. Skinny people get everything in life. Fat people get nothing.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options

That's a very sad generalization. So because a few thin people teased you, all thin people should be teased now? I can tell you it doesn't feel very good to be told you need to eat a cheeseburger for being too thin. Especially when you can't eat one because you have a bowel disorder. Everyone has his or her own story sweetheart. Don't judge us all based on a couple of cruel people you came into contact with.

To say it's only a couple shows the blindness skinny people have to the issue. So a few people told you to eat a cheese burger. Probably friends, maybe some family. Did total strangers ever do it? Every kid at school? People on the street every point? Doubt it.
  • DamianaKitten
    Options

lol

We all know that overweight women never get married.

I must be ugly. I mean, my husband gets erections All. The. Time.

Wait.

I think that means he's attracted to me.

Can I have a guy clear this up for me? I've always gotten plenty of action, but perhaps those men were just punishing themselves? Or were they just trying to do me a favor?

I'm so confused.
  • Helenavee42
    Options

Have you never heard of a chubby chaser? This goes for both men and women. When I first started dating my fiance I straight up asked him what kind of women he liked and he told me that he liked bigger girls and he's not the only guy I've dated that said that. So uhh maybe rethink your way of thinking. Not everyone likes skinny and not everyone likes chubby/fat. To each their own.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hey.. Im fat. I know that no one wants fat people... and I personally know that cute and chubby is an insult. Skinny people get everything in life. Fat people get nothing.

No, the reason you get nothing in life is because you have severe personality defects, including, but probably not exclusive to, burying your head in denial as to the reason you fail to achieve things.
  • DamianaKitten
    Options

I'd wager that it's not your appearance that's keeping you from being wanted.

Confidence is sexy.

Shaming is ugly.

Think about it.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    What a sad, horrible outlook on life. Poor thing.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Ah, no. I've gotten some pretty hateful treatment from women based solely on my size. Comments like "slut" and "*kitten*" based entirely on the fact that I'm thin and being told right to my face that I should just stop starving myself so I can be thin and steal everyone else's man. Being ostrasized from a group of "friends" because they were all bigger than me and thought I'd make them look bad. Being called "skeleton girl". When a group of women look at you and laugh blatantly and whisper comments to each other and you know it's about your size. It's not any different.
    Options

That's a very sad generalization. So because a few thin people teased you, all thin people should be teased now? I can tell you it doesn't feel very good to be told you need to eat a cheeseburger for being too thin. Especially when you can't eat one because you have a bowel disorder. Everyone has his or her own story sweetheart. Don't judge us all based on a couple of cruel people you came into contact with.

To say it's only a couple shows the blindness skinny people have to the issue. So a few people told you to eat a cheese burger. Probably friends, maybe some family. Did total strangers ever do it? Every kid at school? People on the street every point? Doubt it.

For me? Yes. Plenty of strangers told me to eat a cheeseburger and/or be forced to eat a sandwich. You have NO idea, but I would guess it was just as bad and often as you were told the opposite. At least I have sympathy.