chubby or skinny

Options

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

It would be nice if we could have a thread where some woman didn't feel the need to come in and insult other women's body types.

I guess that's too much to ask.

I was thinking the same thing. It gets a little old, doesn't it? Imagine the outrage if there were body shaming directed at the overweight in every thread.

Meh, I've been heavy most of my life and the people who've always done the teasing are skinny. I say let the skinny people have it. They deserve to feel what it's like. Maybe they'll actually develop a little empathy from it.

That's a very sad generalization. So because a few thin people teased you, all thin people should be teased now? I can tell you it doesn't feel very good to be told you need to eat a cheeseburger for being too thin. Especially when you can't eat one because you have a bowel disorder. Everyone has his or her own story sweetheart. Don't judge us all based on a couple of cruel people you came into contact with.

To say it's only a couple shows the blindness skinny people have to the issue. So a few people told you to eat a cheese burger. Probably friends, maybe some family. Did total strangers ever do it? Every kid at school? People on the street every point? Doubt it.

Holy bitterness!

Do you let that kind of vitriol roll off the tongue in public, too?

If you are constantly coming in contact with cruel people, maybe take a look at how you treat others. You probably have a knack at bringing out the worst in others, and weight probably has very little to do with it.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Well my cousin has been hospitalized and gone through treatment for anorexia twice, cannot walk through a mall in the greater los angeles area without getting phone numbers from men, offers to model, her gas pumped, her groceries carried to her apartment, offers to go on a yacht for the weekend..etc. She'll tell you personally that after she hits the 110 pound mark the offers stop drifting off, but they pour in at 95 pounds....

You need help.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    At first I would say skinny, because the chubbier guys I've dated had some serious insecurity and self-esteem issues associated with being a little bigger, but I guess skinny guys can have their esteem issues with being smaller.. I would prefer to date a guy who is comfortable with who they are as a person, chubby or skinny.

That's because the women the chubby guys have met have generally not been at all accepting of it LOL. Seriously, try to talk to a girl at a bar as a 300lb guy. It's not exactly a positive experience. Are all women flat out rude? Of course not. Do most dismiss you almost immediately. Yes. It's 10,000 times more harder than if you're skinny.

So very sad. The guy I'm dating? He's just over 300 pounds and one of the most amazing men I know. Confident and sweet. Smart and sexy. Handsome and fun. Don't judge a book by its cover.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    starting to realize this thread was a gateway to skinny bashing and body shaming.

See, av.

that is one of my favorite sayings. :happy:

I saw it on facebook and reposted it there... and with the advent of what this thread turned into thought it would be a good thing for people to see here to.... I have not seen shaming of fat people from skinny (though I do and have seen it the other way around... and for those that don't know me or don't remember what I look like, I am currently 50 pounds overweight (with fat) and and am on the cusp of overweight and obese according to the BMI chart) but then I know some of the strongest women... and not just in the weight room.

Strong women have no need to tear down others to lift themselves up. And strength isn't just measured in the weight room either.
  • MandysChange
    MandysChange Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Someone who cares about their health (I don't care if they are average, chubby, skinny, etc but give a damn about what you are eating and how you are exercising). After health, personality, confidence and similar interests are pretty important as well as hygiene.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options

It would be nice if we could have a thread where some woman didn't feel the need to come in and insult other women's body types.

I was thinking the same thing. It gets a little old, doesn't it? Imagine the outrage if there were body shaming directed at the overweight in every thread.

Meh, I've been heavy most of my life and the people who've always done the teasing are skinny. I say let the skinny people have it. They deserve to feel what it's like. Maybe they'll actually develop a little empathy from it.

That's a very sad generalization. So because a few thin people teased you, all thin people should be teased now? I can tell you it doesn't feel very good to be told you need to eat a cheeseburger for being too thin. Especially when you can't eat one because you have a bowel disorder. Everyone has his or her own story sweetheart. Don't judge us all based on a couple of cruel people you came into contact with.

To say it's only a couple shows the blindness skinny people have to the issue. So a few people told you to eat a cheese burger. Probably friends, maybe some family. Did total strangers ever do it? Every kid at school? People on the street every point? Doubt it.

Holy bitterness!

If you are constantly coming in contact with cruel people, maybe take a look at how you treat others. You probably have a knack at bringing out the worst in others, and weight probably has very little to do with it.

You seriously aren't getting it. If strangers point at you and laugh it has zero to do with how you treat people? Your arguement makes no sense. And why does your advice not apply to the skinny girl who's friends make fun of her for being skinny? She she examine herself aswell? Or does this advice only apply to a fat person being made fun of? Again, like I said. The rules are different. If you're fat and you get made fun of it's your fault. You're doing something wrong. If you get teased for being too skinny you're the victim.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    At first I would say skinny, because the chubbier guys I've dated had some serious insecurity and self-esteem issues associated with being a little bigger, but I guess skinny guys can have their esteem issues with being smaller.. I would prefer to date a guy who is comfortable with who they are as a person, chubby or skinny.

That's because the women the chubby guys have met have generally not been at all accepting of it LOL. Seriously, try to talk to a girl at a bar as a 300lb guy. It's not exactly a positive experience. Are all women flat out rude? Of course not. Do most dismiss you almost immediately. Yes. It's 10,000 times more harder than if you're skinny.

So very sad. The guy I'm dating? He's just over 300 pounds and one of the most amazing men I know. Confident and sweet. Smart and sexy. Handsome and fun. Don't judge a book by its cover.

I agree it is sad... my DH is probably around that right now (I don't know for sure, just guessing) and he is the smartest and most generous person I know.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Well my cousin has been hospitalized and gone through treatment for anorexia twice, cannot walk through a mall in the greater los angeles area without getting phone numbers from men, offers to model, her gas pumped, her groceries carried to her apartment, offers to go on a yacht for the weekend..etc. She'll tell you personally that after she hits the 110 pound mark the offers stop drifting off, but they pour in at 95 pounds....

What are things that don't happen in reality, Alex?
  • mccindy72
    Options

My husband weighs in at 275 (he's down to that from 295). I've been married to him for nearly 24 years. The most wonderful guy I've ever known in my life.
  • mccindy72
    Options

Holy bitterness!

You seriously aren't getting it. If strangers point at you and laugh it has zero to do with how you treat people? Your arguement makes no sense. And why does your advice not apply to the skinny girl who's friends make fun of her for being skinny? She she examine herself aswell? Or does this advice only apply to a fat person being made fun of? Again, like I said. The rules are different. If you're fat and you get made fun of it's your fault. You're doing something wrong. If you get teased for being too skinny you're the victim.

No one here has ever said anyone being made fun of for anything bears any of the fault for it. You're the only one who said that. all we're saying is there's no difference between an overweight person or a thin person being ridiculed for his or her weight.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

My husband weighs in at 275 (he's down to that from 295). I've been married to him for nearly 24 years. The most wonderful guy I've ever known in my life.

first of all, holy hotness! I would not have guessed you could have been married that long and second, your response made me smile. See, people? Its not about the weight.
  • k8blujay2
    Options

Holy bitterness!

so because someone was nasty to you that means it's ok to be nasty to someone else? Tell me, how is that world view working out for you (you being all those that think the same way because you (personal) aren't the only one).... I would hate to live in your (again personal) world. It must be a sad and lonely existance...
  • mccindy72
    Options

first of all, holy hotness! I would not have guessed you could have been married that long and second, your response made me smile. See, people? Its not about the weight.

:flowerforyou:
  • k8blujay2
    Options

What are things that don't happen in reality, Alex?

Seriously, I just dress right and I get men whistling at me while driving down the street... true story.
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i like thick women....
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    doesn't matter!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hey.. Im fat. I know that no one wants fat people... and I personally know that cute and chubby is an insult. Skinny people get everything in life. Fat people get nothing.
    Seriously?
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    Options
    I prefer chubby over skinny men
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Hey.. Im fat. I know that no one wants fat people... and I personally know that cute and chubby is an insult. Skinny people get everything in life. Fat people get nothing.

Perhaps your weight has nothing at all to do with the reason that no one wants you. Mind blown.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I prefer someone who is fit! May have a little extra here and there, but honestly too much weight is a turn off, and not enough is a turn off. Height is more important then weight, me being 6ft an all...

this only I am 5'7