chubby or skinny

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

It would be nice if we could have a thread where some woman didn't feel the need to come in and insult other women's body types.

I guess that's too much to ask.

I was thinking the same thing. It gets a little old, doesn't it? Imagine the outrage if there were body shaming directed at the overweight in every thread.

Meh, I've been heavy most of my life and the people who've always done the teasing are skinny. I say let the skinny people have it. They deserve to feel what it's like. Maybe they'll actually develop a little empathy from it.

Wow, really?!? You don't think we got it, too?!? You don't think that people told me I should eat a cheeseburger or forced to eat a sammich?? Screw that! No ONE should be tortured for their weight. No one!

Yeah but when people tease skinny people it's usually coming from a different place. It's usually more a "you should fatten up so you don't make look so bad." When people tease fat people it's literally to punish them for being fat and to make themselves feel good. It's not balanced at all. You see this in so many areas. You can even look at extremes like eating disorders that cause you to be too skinny. Those are diseases right? That's accepted as such. But when someone says obesity is a disease people laugh and say "get some self control!"

edit: spelling
    Ah, no. I've gotten some pretty hateful treatment from women based solely on my size. Comments like "slut" and "*kitten*" based entirely on the fact that I'm thin and being told right to my face that I should just stop starving myself so I can be thin and steal everyone else's man. Being ostrasized from a group of "friends" because they were all bigger than me and thought I'd make them look bad. Being called "skeleton girl". When a group of women look at you and laugh blatantly and whisper comments to each other and you know it's about your size. It's not any different.
    A woman who has been a close friend of my mom's for 30 years is thin, blond, well-dressed and beautiful.

She is one of the most wonderful human beings I have ever known and she gets treated like crap by women all the time. She's smart, funny, generous and caring. But they see thin and blond and turn catty. She's lost jobs because of her appearance.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I prefer someone who is fit! May have a little extra here and there, but honestly too much weight is a turn off, and not enough is a turn off. Height is more important then weight, me being 6ft an all...

this only I am 5'7

Yuck. You ruined the feel-goodsy string of "My boyfriend is 300lbs and I only care about personality" posts.
  • nikki0753
    nikki0753 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    This thread is beyond annoying! one of the reason's me and others are so insecure is because of the crap some of you are saying.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    The one with the highest credit score and deepest wallet.
    Finally, a woman that's honest instead of politically correct.
  • Dedshot
    Dedshot Posts: 145
    Options
    Not too far down on either end of the spectrum, I would say. With nice hips. Gotta have some nice hips.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Finally, a women that's honest instead of politically correct.

Personally, I couldn't care less what a guy's credit score is or how much money he has. I have my own job and make my own money.
  • danyvaone
    Options
    i know guys that can't date or have sex with skinny they choose chubby every time
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

so, no one else is being honest? The picture of the guy I'm dating is in my album.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

Personally, I couldn't care less what a guy's credit score is or how much money he has. I have my own job and make my own money.

exactly. I pay my own bills. I don't think that those questions have ever even come up.
  • tula1980
    Options

It would be nice if we could have a thread where some woman didn't feel the need to come in and insult other women's body types.

I was thinking the same thing. It gets a little old, doesn't it? Imagine the outrage if there were body shaming directed at the overweight in every thread.

Meh, I've been heavy most of my life and the people who've always done the teasing are skinny. I say let the skinny people have it. They deserve to feel what it's like. Maybe they'll actually develop a little empathy from it.

Wow, really?!? You don't think we got it, too?!? You don't think that people told me I should eat a cheeseburger or forced to eat a sammich?? Screw that! No ONE should be tortured for their weight. No one!

Yeah but when people tease skinny people it's usually coming from a different place. It's usually more a "you should fatten up so you don't make look so bad." When people tease fat people it's literally to punish them for being fat and to make themselves feel good. It's not balanced at all. You see this in so many areas. You can even look at extremes like eating disorders that cause you to be too skinny. Those are diseases right? That's accepted as such. But when someone says obesity is a disease people laugh and say "get some self control!"

edit: spelling
    Ah, no. I've gotten some pretty hateful treatment from women based solely on my size. Comments like "slut" and "*kitten*" based entirely on the fact that I'm thin and being told right to my face that I should just stop starving myself so I can be thin and steal everyone else's man. Being ostrasized from a group of "friends" because they were all bigger than me and thought I'd make them look bad. Being called "skeleton girl". When a group of women look at you and laugh blatantly and whisper comments to each other and you know it's about your size. It's not any different.
    A woman who has been a close friend of my mom's for 30 years is thin, blond, well-dressed and beautiful.

She is one of the most wonderful human beings I have ever known and she gets treated like crap by women all the time. She's smart, funny, generous and caring. But they see thin and blond and turn catty. She's lost jobs because of her appearance.

I can totally believe that, I left my last job because I was pretty much forced out, slim and blonde (wouldn't consider myself beautiful!) seems to trigger some women into meltdown. It got so bad that I had self confidence issues taking my son out to toddler groups and the like. Try being a slim mother, ostracized is totally the right word. Complete with nasty comments, dirty looks, whispering behind hands and outright attacks.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Lol. I wasn't serious.
  • Scott2ndGradeTeacher
    Options
    LIke I tell the ladies...

"Once you go chunky, everything else is funky."
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I can totally believe that, I left my last job because I was pretty much forced out, slim and blonde (wouldn't consider myself beautiful!) seems to trigger some women into meltdown. It got so bad that I had self confidence issues taking my son out to toddler groups and the like. Try being a slim mother, ostracized is totally the right word. Complete with nasty comments, dirty looks, whispering behind hands and outright attacks.

Try being in your early 20s, thin and pretty in the suburbs with a kid in elementary school. 90% of the mothers wouldn't even look at me. And the ONLY ones who were nice were the ones who were thinner and prettier. I guess they weren't threatened?
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Triple, Nonfat, With Whip

ahhh, you get me! :heart: :drinker:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Both I guess, as long as it's not extreme either way and they are healthy!

Exactly this.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

That's a very sad generalization. So because a few thin people teased you, all thin people should be teased now? I can tell you it doesn't feel very good to be told you need to eat a cheeseburger for being too thin. Especially when you can't eat one because you have a bowel disorder. Everyone has his or her own story sweetheart. Don't judge us all based on a couple of cruel people you came into contact with.

To say it's only a couple shows the blindness skinny people have to the issue. So a few people told you to eat a cheese burger. Probably friends, maybe some family. Did total strangers ever do it? Every kid at school? People on the street every point? Doubt it.

Holy bitterness!

Do you let that kind of vitriol roll off the tongue in public, too?

If you are constantly coming in contact with cruel people, maybe take a look at how you treat others. You probably have a knack at bringing out the worst in others, and weight probably has very little to do with it.

You seriously aren't getting it. If strangers point at you and laugh it has zero to do with how you treat people? Your arguement makes no sense. And why does your advice not apply to the skinny girl who's friends make fun of her for being skinny? She she examine herself aswell? Or does this advice only apply to a fat person being made fun of? Again, like I said. The rules are different. If you're fat and you get made fun of it's your fault. You're doing something wrong. If you get teased for being too skinny you're the victim.

Oh, I get it. I've been on this earth a long time. Saying that one body type deserves it and one doesn't is your train of thought, not mine.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    At first I would say skinny, because the chubbier guys I've dated had some serious insecurity and self-esteem issues associated with being a little bigger, but I guess skinny guys can have their esteem issues with being smaller.. I would prefer to date a guy who is comfortable with who they are as a person, chubby or skinny.

That's because the women the chubby guys have met have generally not been at all accepting of it LOL. Seriously, try to talk to a girl at a bar as a 300lb guy. It's not exactly a positive experience. Are all women flat out rude? Of course not. Do most dismiss you almost immediately. Yes. It's 10,000 times more harder than if you're skinny.

A few points-
    300 pounds is not chubby
    Bars are meat markets where people make judgments based on looks.
    Are you accepting of yourself at 300 lbs?
    -If not, then why would you expect someone else to be accepting of it?
    -If you do accept that weight for yourself, do you accept it for the girl as well?

Is life easier for a fit person than a morbidly obese person? Yes, it is, in general.

Life is also easier for an able-bodied person, than for someone in a wheelchair.
    I learned a long time ago that life is not fair.
    I can either be bitter about it, or I can do what I can to change what I can, and accept what can't be changed and make the best of it.
    It is all about your attitude.
  • tula1980
    Options

Try being in your early 20s, thin and pretty in the suburbs with a kid in elementary school. 90% of the mothers wouldn't even look at me. And the ONLY ones who were nice were the ones who were thinner and prettier. I guess they weren't threatened?

My mother had me young and had the same issue. I suspect women think I'm younger than I am purely because I'm short. I get ID'd all the time despite being WAY past that! I've had a few "well you do bounce back into shape if you have a baby whilst you're still a child yourself" comments, having had my one and only at 30 I wouldn't consider 30 a child!
  • FrenchMob
    Options

Lol. I wasn't serious.
    Neither was I, but see how quickly people got worked up.
  • FrenchMob
    Options

so, no one else is being honest? The picture of the guy I'm dating is in my album.
    Lucky guy, sexy mama. :smokin: