Are we all..sexist?

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Maybe, maybe not, but we do know that hypersensitive people have it soooo hard! :sad:
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Your friend sounds like a butthurt man-child who is used to getting what he wants and now that he's in the real world, he sees that it's not like the little bubble he grew up in, so he's taken on a misogynistic view. He has to blame someone, why not blame women?

Just my opinion on the matter.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    SO the chicken, just cause I'm curious...and bored. Did you order first? If so, maybe they had limited options. But honestly if I'm hungry I'd eat the beaks and legs so I'm not picky nor would I notice someone asking a woman and not me. Just give me the damn chicken, light/dark meat, beak, preferably without feathers and were good.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    post-11467-Just-because-you-are-offended-ueJw_zpse538e040.gif
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    We are all SEXY
  • arwacky
    arwacky Posts: 1,653 Member
    Your friend sounds like a butthurt man-child who is used to getting what he wants and now that he's in the real world, he sees that it's not like the little bubble he grew up in, so he's taken on a misogynistic view. He has to blame someone, why not blame women?

Sorry I presented him that way but he's really not. He's actually had a tough life..his parents haven't been there for him. He's had to support his family and himself. He's paid for his college career and is paying for his sister as well. He was disappointed that he signed the paperwork for the job and someone came and pretty much took it from him. It was just a large amount of bad luck from women at the same time so he started complaining in general. It's kinda sad actually
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    I have a male friend who believes this same theory. It turns out he's just acting like a little b***h, and a lot of people just don't like him and his undeserved sense of self-entitlement. Mystery solved! :laugh:
  • arwacky
    SO the chicken, just cause I'm curious...and bored. Did you order first? If so, maybe they had limited options. But honestly if I'm hungry I'd eat the beaks and legs so I'm not picky nor would I notice someone asking a woman and not me. Just give me the damn chicken, light/dark meat, beak, preferably without feathers and were good.

I did order first. I got the breast of course. :wink:
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    We are all SEXY

well.....she is....due to the pony tail and other stuff; but yes...most people are sexy...wait Whut?!? What was the topic by OP...sexist or sexism(ism's see Ferris Bueller's Day Off...all will make sense)
  • Filmlotus
    Filmlotus Posts: 54 Member
    The eye candy was selected based on a male boss's choice right? So why is it the female's fault and not that boss's bias? Shouldn't that be the male's choice that he hired something he could treat like a piece of meat and pay less then?

People ask women for particular dietary choices probably because there is a chance that they could be pregnant. Unless I've been under a rock, men do not need to worry about carrying an infant inside of him. So the fact that he wants restaurants to ask him the same questions as they would for a woman is a little petty. Sure, he may be intolerant of some kind of food, but it's up to him to ask. Our society tends to be concerned about pregnant women and children because they are vulnerable.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    The eye candy was selected based on a male boss's choice right? So why is it the female's fault and not that boss's bias? Shouldn't that be the male's choice that he hired something he could treat like a piece of meat and pay less then?

People ask women for particular dietary choices probably because there is a chance that they could be pregnant. Unless I've been under a rock, men do not need to worry about carrying an infant inside of him. So the fact that he wants restaurants to ask him the same questions as they would for a woman is a little petty. Sure, he may be intolerant of some kind of food, but it's up to him to ask. Our society tends to be concerned about pregnant women and children because they are vulnerable.

What part of the chicken isn't ok for pregnant women?
    I can't say I've ever been asked or warned about dietary choices in case of pregnancy. And its something I'm pretty conscious about right now.

ETA - not that I agree with his assessment either.
  • arwacky

I agree with the first part and that was also discussed but he wrote it off cause its easier to blame women I guess..

Uhhh..you lost me on the second part. I definitely don't look pregnant. Lol!!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member

Sorry I presented him that way but he's really not. He's actually had a tough life..his parents haven't been there for him. He's had to support his family and himself. He's paid for his college career and is paying for his sister as well. He was disappointed that he signed the paperwork for the job and someone came and pretty much took it from him. It was just a large amount of bad luck from women at the same time so he started complaining in general. It's kinda sad actually

What you are seeing is someone generalizing from his own experiences. Examples of this are all over these boards and from both genders.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Did your friend see the resumes of the "eye candy" that beat him out of "his" job? Have you ever gotten less than stellar service at a restaurant, while others in your party great service?

Your friend sounds like an entitled brat.
  • Filmlotus
    Filmlotus Posts: 54 Member
    Lol sorry I didn't mean to say that you look pregnant, I just mean't to say that it can be a protocol or a matter of politeness for people to ask women about their dietary needs. It can also be that women are more picky about their weight and usually ask for the skin off etc. Because they get it all the time, they tend to ask now. I don't see how that is sexist, rather preemptive of their usual customer preferences.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    a less qualified piece of eye candy? Was he able to see her resume? Maybe she was a more qualified person who also happened to be attractive.

Sounds like he needs one of these

butthurt-arizona-anonymous-bill.si.jpg

Lol livejournal!!

Oh man
  • arwacky
    Lol sorry I didn't mean to say that you look pregnant, I just mean't to say that it can be a protocol or a matter of politeness for people to ask women about their dietary needs. It can also be that women are more picky about their weight and usually ask for the skin off etc. Because they get it all the time, they tend to ask now. I don't see how that is sexist, rather preemptive of their usual customer preferences.

Haha no worries. :flowerforyou:
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Its just life.

At restaurants, I usually get treated extremely well. The majority of that comes from how I treat people and tip very well for good service. Perhaps because I stand out in a crowd because of my height, looks, etc...I do get an advantage.

There have been times bartenders have comped me drinks for the night. I would hazard that was solely based on looks, personality and how I treated them.

So I definitely think it has to do with how attractive a person appears, not solely on gender although that factors into it all just on sexual preference.

Is it right? Absolutely not, but unfortunately the world is not always fair and there at times when people sense the chip you have on your shoulder and won't go out of their way to help you remove it.
  • hauhaut901
    hauhaut901 Posts: 66 Member
    The low and middle class society is biased and favors females. The upper class highly favors males.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,228 Member

The women probably got hired because they could pay them less.

Really?

Don't u have equal opportunity laws and award wages that a qualified person has to be paid the same regardless of gender?