My Experience with Dr. Oz Detox/Cleanse Smoothies

Options

Replies

• jac_84
    jac_84 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I think the main point is here is that your body already cleanses for you
    if your body didnt detox itself... well you would be dead. just sayin :glasses:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options

You would think that, wouldn't you?

And yet, we will have this same discussion tomorrow in another thread just. like. this. one.

I promise.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

You would think that, wouldn't you?

And yet, we will have this same discussion tomorrow in another thread just. like. this. one.

I promise.

guaranteed….
  • jac_84
    jac_84 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i noticed that about a lot of the topics on here, and the same argurments. makes for some good entertainment I guess lol
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    i noticed that about a lot of the topics on here, and the same argurments. makes for some good entertainment I guess lol

It passes time.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Bullying??? Wow. Some of these comments.....

MOTIVATIONALPOSTERS_zpse459e99c.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I know this will be hard for some to believe, but much of my motivation in posting in these threads is educational (or at least to encourage people to see things from my point of view).

It is sometimes also entertaining. Sometimes.
  • ndj1979
    Options

some of them are down right hilarious...
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

I know this will be hard for some to believe, but much of my motivation in posting in these threads is educational (or at least to encourage people to see things from my point of view).

the trampoline thread was pretty hilarious.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    You guys are still going? Dang!

*raises glass of wine*
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Me too, except the reverse.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Me too, except the reverse.

Well, some of us still have a shred of decency/soul left...

...but only a shred.
  • ndj1979
    Options

the trampoline thread was pretty hilarious.

LOL yes "the magic trampoline"
  • mif2jc
    mif2jc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Are you familiar with Dr. Fuhrman's "Eat to Live"? From your post it may be something you would be interested in.
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Not sure why people bash others, must be immaturity.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Dr. Oz 3 day Cleanse.

thank you....

I don't understand why if they simply don't agree, then why not just skip it and move on to a topic they do agree with.

for me it will always be a threshold I crossed into focusing more on eating healthier.

I would assume that those who have lost 20 or 30lbs would be understanding, as I know this doesnt happen over night, rather it is a lifestyle that you just have to get rid of certain foods and never let back in your life. Yes I feel my cravings have diminished too which is great.

Here is an example of a diet that people could believe is beneficial:

You drink a lemon water beverage, sometimes containing maple syrup. This is all you drink for 7-14 days. That's it.

This can be harmful. This is unnecessary and it is not beneficial to take such extreme measures.

If someone came on here and posted that they wanted to do a 14 day lemon water fast, would YOU still advocate taking a "if you don't agree with it, don't say anything" approach?

Based on your post, I can only assume that you have no idea how many people read these forum posts looking for solutions to their problems and you have no idea how many people are unable to separate dietary fads from realistic, sustainable habits.

Misinformation is bad regardless of whether that information comes from Dr. Oz or some random internet person posting on a public forum.

Letting potentially harmful information slide on by because you don't agree with it does not do anyone any favors unless you're more interested in protecting one person's feelings than you are protecting the hundreds of people who may fall for the bogus, harmful dietary strategies often proposed by people on these forums who just don't know any better.

Finally, I'm not attacking you. I am disagreeing with your ideas.

But it's perfectly acceptable for the haters to go on and on and on and on and on about eating as much pizza/McDonalds/cookies/ice cream etc etc etc as you want as long as you stay under some magical made up number? That's the most bogus dietary strategy ever to appear anywhere on the internet yet it's somehow acceptable on this site while advocating eating healthy vegetable based smoothies isn't? Are we living in Upsidedown World or something? Sure you might lose weight eating pizza and chips but so what, you can lose weight taking speed every day as well - doesn't mean it's good for you.

Lollercoaster

Advocating a flexible diet vs advocating drinking only crappy veggie shakes? Well that certainly is crazy talk. Not that I'd expect someone who is an organic food "gourmand" to understand

But, the OP was not advocating drinking only crappy veggie shakes as an on going method for losing weight. She gave her experience on using these shakes for a 3 day period. That's it. Three days, not a life long way of eating. The fact that folks started jumping on her for sharing her experience is beyond me. Ok, the Dr Oz I get but not the shakes. Folks talk about smoothies, replacement meal shakes and protein drinks all the time here. While I don't personally use a lot of these on any kind of a regular basis, I have enjoyed a homemade veggie shake or smoothie on occasion. A three day period of drinking these shakes is not going to do any harm that I can see. As far as detox goes, there are many forms. Her detox shakes are a heck of a lot more benign than a lot of 'detox' tablets on the market that are down right dangerous. They certainly are not as harmful as these http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummi-Bears-Sugar-Free/product-reviews/B000EVQWKC/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_next_2?ie=UTF8&pageNumber=2&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=byRankDescending and quite frankly the cleanse for a colonoscopy isn't very pleasant either. Her shakes actually have some nutrition in them.

And I was first to ask what toxins she was detoxing, of course that is still unanswered. And please tell us why the gummy bears are harmful.

Toxins - I suspect many detox as a way to clean out their system from processed foods. I'm not sure but it is reasonable to suspect if you have a diet heavy in processed foods there will be more than a few toxins in your body. Just guessing, but cleaning out the system then refilling with healthy foods sounds reasonable.

Check out the reviews for the gummy bears ;)
  • truthandhonor
    Options
    Thank you for openly sharing your experience. Today is my first day on this site and if the comments you received are the types of support you get here, I think I'll pass. I had plan to try the Dr. Oz detox before I read your post and I still want to try it. I wish you well with your new healthy lifestyle.
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options

Yes and the chemicals that are not cleansed from your body naturally cause illness and disease like cancer. I'm not advocating a detox for weight loss purposes only pointing out that the human body does not effectively detox itself.
  • truthandhonor
    Options
    Well said.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Why did you even post your experience? You're not helping anyone. Those that follow blindly won't fix their real problem. It's a band-aid on a wound. You knew there would be a lot of drama. Sounds like you were just really bored. Well, I expected more gifs, but the butthurt was too much tonight. Good luck!

Skip the gimmicks and read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • leachjg
    leachjg Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    The cayenne pepper is in there for metabolism. you could replace with cinnamon.
This discussion has been closed.