My Experience with Dr. Oz Detox/Cleanse Smoothies

Options

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    May I ask, why you can't eat tons of fruits and veggies?

Waiting for an answer to this.
    tumblr_n21fhmh8JN1sj3oxho1_500.jpg
  • lovelayla
    lovelayla Posts: 123
    Options
    Congrats on your detox Op,this is actually a informative thread once I blocked the less than supportive posters.
    Oh of course, I mean, who cares about the actual facts?

#1 What facts? I have read plenty of opinions.

#2 This post did not ask for opinions

#3 In have NO problem with views different from the OP's regarding her cleanse,or anyone who gave their unwanted opinions anyways....just the rude,snarky ones.Your opinion can differ without being mean.I'm still not sure why this is so hard to grasp.

I guess I was just raised different...to have respect and to show empathy....that does NOT mean that I have to agree with her,it means that I can express that disagreement in a RESPECTFUL manner.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    You can disagree without being RUDE and snarky.I love a good debate/discussion but making fun of people who are sharing an experience is uncalled for.The op did not ask for advice,so everyone who disagreed should have never entered the thread.The title was not asking for advice,it was SHARING an experience......not sure why that is hard to comprehend...Your responses are off the topic.

didn't realize she posted it in a private group that we miraculously found ourselves in.

it's great that you've been here about a month and this whole community figured out.

good luck on your journey, sensitive one. :drinker:

You don't know how long I've been here Mr!

Well it says joined Feb 2014 under your name...

New account was here before wedding and twins under another name.

ahhhhh gotchya.
    shouldn't have quit huh?

well welcome back! (if you see this) :flowerforyou:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. I just finished a liver detox (yes, I like to drink), and now after a few nights of staying up too late & having 3-4 drinks (something that would usually make me feel bad the next day), I feel fine & incredibly productive the next day. It has been this way the past 2 weeks (no I do not drink every night, but I've had 4 birthday parties in the past 2 weeks). I think there is some validity to detoxing.

I have lost a few pds since I did it, but I contribute the weight loss to limiting calories & working out. However, mine was only in the pill form not the food form.

Regardless people think they are right, so do not let any of these comments get to you. The same thing happened to me on my first ever post & I almost deleted my account.

Anything that makes you feel better is worth it!!!!
    thank you!

Yeah people say that our organs work perfectly but, I know people who suffer from liver and kidney disease, and kidney stones. Why not give your body a break and treat it to tons of fruits and veggies?
    Thankd for the support and understanfing though.

People w/ liver and kidney diseases need medication/medical intervention, *not* three days of blended fruits and veggies.

*sigh*

Reluctantly in.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Okay, so now I'm really freaked out. After frequenting this topic several times this afternoon, an email just pops up that says it's from "Dr. Oz Skin Secret". I have never got any email from Dr. Oz before.

He's spying on me!

dr-oz-01-1011-298x232_large.jpg?698

No, no, not at all. Didn't you know? Dr. Oz is omnipotent omniscient and omnipresent like God--or Santa Claus!!
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your detox Op,this is actually a informative thread once I blocked the less than supportive posters.

Good luck on your weight loss. You'll need it.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    You can disagree without being RUDE and snarky.I love a good debate/discussion but making fun of people who are sharing an experience is uncalled for.The op did not ask for advice,so everyone who disagreed should have never entered the thread.The title was not asking for advice,it was SHARING an experience......not sure why that is hard to comprehend...Your responses are off the topic.

didn't realize she posted it in a private group that we miraculously found ourselves in.

it's great that you've been here about a month and this whole community figured out.

ahhhhh gotchya.
    shouldn't have quit huh?

tumblr_lsgr56vVs81qlsz95o1_500.gif
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Okay, so now I'm really freaked out. After frequenting this topic several times this afternoon, an email just pops up that says it's from "Dr. Oz Skin Secret". I have never got any email from Dr. Oz before.

He's spying on me!

dr-oz-01-1011-298x232_large.jpg?698

No, no, not at all. Didn't you know? Dr. Oz is omnipotent omniscient and omnipresent like God--or Santa Claus!!
  • lovelayla
    Options

ahhhhh gotchya.
    shouldn't have quit huh?

Who said I quit? Have you carried Twins? This is no my post so please,if you have actual questions for me you can send a PM? Unless you just like having an audience for your shade throwing?
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your experience. Hope you continue to feel great.
  • lovelayla
    Options

Good luck on your weight loss. You'll need it.

THANK YOU
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Also, can someone name a toxin for Jof before this gets deleted? Pretty please? I would love to see him end his quest.

^this...

...and thanks.

(It's been an overall crappy day, but this would instantly make it the best day ever. So please? Just the name of one toxin eliminated by eating only this food that wouldn't otherwise be eliminated by the body normally? Pretty please?)
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I didn't read responses, but wanted to say thanks for the post. I've only done something similar once, and whether folks believe it detoxes you or not, it helped me to step away from all the crap and processed foods I was eating. I was basically able to walk away from food for a couple of days and reevaluate where I wanted to be.

Detoxification: the process of removing toxic substances or qualities.

Toxic things aren't necessarily chemicals or build up in your body. When someone gets on a path of destruction via poor food choices and bad lifestyle, you can detox your body from addictive substances (caffeine) or your mind of negative thoughts. Who's to judge how you do it.
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Not sure why people bash others, must be immaturity.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Dr. Oz 3 day Cleanse.

thank you....

I don't understand why if they simply don't agree, then why not just skip it and move on to a topic they do agree with.

for me it will always be a threshold I crossed into focusing more on eating healthier.

I would assume that those who have lost 20 or 30lbs would be understanding, as I know this doesnt happen over night, rather it is a lifestyle that you just have to get rid of certain foods and never let back in your life. Yes I feel my cravings have diminished too which is great.

Here is an example of a diet that people could believe is beneficial:

You drink a lemon water beverage, sometimes containing maple syrup. This is all you drink for 7-14 days. That's it.

This can be harmful. This is unnecessary and it is not beneficial to take such extreme measures.

If someone came on here and posted that they wanted to do a 14 day lemon water fast, would YOU still advocate taking a "if you don't agree with it, don't say anything" approach?

Based on your post, I can only assume that you have no idea how many people read these forum posts looking for solutions to their problems and you have no idea how many people are unable to separate dietary fads from realistic, sustainable habits.

Misinformation is bad regardless of whether that information comes from Dr. Oz or some random internet person posting on a public forum.

Letting potentially harmful information slide on by because you don't agree with it does not do anyone any favors unless you're more interested in protecting one person's feelings than you are protecting the hundreds of people who may fall for the bogus, harmful dietary strategies often proposed by people on these forums who just don't know any better.

Finally, I'm not attacking you. I am disagreeing with your ideas.

But it's perfectly acceptable for the haters to go on and on and on and on and on about eating as much pizza/McDonalds/cookies/ice cream etc etc etc as you want as long as you stay under some magical made up number? That's the most bogus dietary strategy ever to appear anywhere on the internet yet it's somehow acceptable on this site while advocating eating healthy vegetable based smoothies isn't? Are we living in Upsidedown World or something? Sure you might lose weight eating pizza and chips but so what, you can lose weight taking speed every day as well - doesn't mean it's good for you.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

thank you....

I don't understand why if they simply don't agree, then why not just skip it and move on to a topic they do agree with.

for me it will always be a threshold I crossed into focusing more on eating healthier.

I would assume that those who have lost 20 or 30lbs would be understanding, as I know this doesnt happen over night, rather it is a lifestyle that you just have to get rid of certain foods and never let back in your life. Yes I feel my cravings have diminished too which is great.

You drink a lemon water beverage, sometimes containing maple syrup. This is all you drink for 7-14 days. That's it.

This can be harmful. This is unnecessary and it is not beneficial to take such extreme measures.

If someone came on here and posted that they wanted to do a 14 day lemon water fast, would YOU still advocate taking a "if you don't agree with it, don't say anything" approach?

Based on your post, I can only assume that you have no idea how many people read these forum posts looking for solutions to their problems and you have no idea how many people are unable to separate dietary fads from realistic, sustainable habits.

Misinformation is bad regardless of whether that information comes from Dr. Oz or some random internet person posting on a public forum.

Letting potentially harmful information slide on by because you don't agree with it does not do anyone any favors unless you're more interested in protecting one person's feelings than you are protecting the hundreds of people who may fall for the bogus, harmful dietary strategies often proposed by people on these forums who just don't know any better.

But it's perfectly acceptable for the haters to go on and on and on and on and on about eating as much pizza/McDonalds/cookies/ice cream etc etc etc as you want as long as you stay under some magical made up number? That's the most bogus dietary strategy ever to appear anywhere on the internet yet it's somehow acceptable on this site while advocating eating healthy vegetable based smoothies isn't? Are we living in Upsidedown World or something? Sure you might lose weight eating pizza and chips but so what, you can lose weight taking speed every day as well - doesn't mean it's good for you.

For myself and most of the so-called haters in this thread, what is said is more like this :

It's okay to eat all kinds of food in moderation if you're meeting your calorie goal, hitting your macros, and getting a few servings of fruit and veg per day.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

thank you....

Lollercoaster

Advocating a flexible diet vs advocating drinking only crappy veggie shakes? Well that certainly is crazy talk. Not that I'd expect someone who is an organic food "gourmand" to understand
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

thank you....

Who says this? I have never seen anyone advocate only eating pizza, fast food, cookies, and ice cream. I have seen them talk about how those foods can be fit into a healthy diet, but I have never seen anyone claim that those foods constitute a healthy diet and should be eaten at the expense of vegetables, fruit, and other nutritionally beneficial foods. They simply do not advocate eliminating those foods from your diet if they are foods you enjoy.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    But it's perfectly acceptable for the haters to go on and on and on and on and on about eating as much pizza/McDonalds/cookies/ice cream etc etc etc
    No, the "haters" tell others to practice moderation since restrictive diets often backfire....
    as you want as long as you stay under some magical made up number?
    Those scientists and their crazy made up magical numbers!
    yet it's somehow acceptable on this site while advocating eating healthy vegetable based smoothies isn't?
    This thread is about a DETOX. You're confusing the heart of the matter.
    Sure you might lose weight eating pizza and chips but so what, you can lose weight taking speed every day as well - doesn't mean it's good for you.

/facepalm
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I didn't read responses, but wanted to say thanks for the post. I've only done something similar once, and whether folks believe it detoxes you or not, it helped me to step away from all the crap and processed foods I was eating. I was basically able to walk away from food for a couple of days and reevaluate where I wanted to be.

Detoxification: the process of removing toxic substances or qualities.

Toxic things aren't necessarily chemicals or build up in your body. When someone gets on a path of destruction via poor food choices and bad lifestyle, you can detox your body from addictive substances (caffeine) or your mind of negative thoughts. Who's to judge how you do it.

With veggie/fruit juice?

[yoovieblink.gif]
  • Lmans77
    Lmans77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    There is a big difference between being an A hole and expressing concern for ones flawed dieting or detox method. Just reading the first few pages, there was way more A hole posts than constructive, educational criticism.

Oh Oh wait, forget, should grow a thicker so so we can can all continue our A hole ways.

Slow clap MFP community.
This discussion has been closed.