My Experience with Dr. Oz Detox/Cleanse Smoothies

Options

Replies

• lovelayla
    lovelayla Posts: 123
    Options
    The BLOCK USER feature is under the persons user name where you find their profile information......for those who messaged me.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Because if THIS and all the other BULLY stuff going on I just discover the BLOCK USER feature! There seems to be a group of people that lost weight and make it their business to jump on EVERY thread that does no agree with Their way and insult people.YOU were once trying to lose weight too,and there is NO one sized fits all approach to weight loss! She came to share HER experience....she DID not ask for your RUDE advice.

post-15145-you-keep-using-that-word-gif-p-R7FH.gif
    Again, disagreement does not equal rude and it certainly doesn't equal bully. You might want to learn those definitions.

I'll make it easy for you...

bul·ly1 [bool-ee] noun, plural bul·lies. 1. a blustering, quarrelsome, overbearing person who habitually badgers and intimidates smaller or weaker people.

Of which NO one is doing...

rude [rood] adjective, rud·er, rud·est. 1. discourteous or impolite, especially in a deliberate way: a rude reply.

Honest answers does NOT equal rude.

There are a couple posts a couple pages back explaining why people who disagree post in these threads. So you MAY want to go check those out and try to understand why these threads can actually be harmful to new users. I know it's 8 pages and a lot of reading, but I know you can do it. I have faith.

Here's a cute cat for you. So you don't think I'm mean.

cat-watching-nyan-cat.gif

That is Exactly what is going on.I have something for you too and it ain't my pinky.

I can tell you're real classy.

I'm gonna leave this here for you...
    4578617.png

Lastly...from...this article...http://www.forgetlimits.com/name-calling-is-the-sign-of-a-weak-argument/

Rather than admit a mistake, when an argument is blown away, most people resort to “Plan B” – the personal attack. If a victory cannot be one on the battleground of ideas, one must try to make the opponent out to be defective. That’s when the name calling starts. It’s an attempt to save face and resurrect a dead argument.

I will tell you that it became easier once I began to see their taunts for what they really are… a sign of desperation. Now, I start to grin (on the inside) as soon as the name calling starts because I know that I’ve got them and I just won this debate (argument).
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Uh yeah there is. It's called move more, eat less. Mind blowing I know.

4750571.jpg
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options

That is Exactly what is going on.I have something for you too and it ain't my pinky.

wow, now see that IS rude
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

unless it's real food, then
    tumblr_inline_mg4lquSFB71ro2d43.gif
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Congrats on completing your challenge, I'm glad it has made you happy! :)

side note: It is annoying me that so many posters are being so negative and saying that OP thinks this is a "magical recipe" that will make her lose weight.. that's not at all the idea I got when I read the whole post (unlike most who only read parts or didn't read it at all, yet somehow have an opinion on it).

Good luck on your journey to healthy eating! :)

Last time...

Disagreement or honesty does not equal negativity.

if you sugar coat *kitten* it's still just *kitten*.

totally understand that some people on here have simply disagreed, but then there are others who have made a point to be rude about it.

also, if she had instead chosen to go home and drink smoothies that included fruits and veggies for 3 days without mentioning "cleanse" or "dr oz," would that have been okay? I don't think there would have been such a disagreement about it if it happened that way.
  • lovelayla
    Options
    You can disagree without being RUDE and snarky.I love a good debate/discussion but making fun of people who are sharing an experience is uncalled for.The op did not ask for advice,so everyone who disagreed should have never entered the thread.The title was not asking for advice,it was SHARING an experience......not sure why that is hard to comprehend...Your responses are off the topic.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    1707034-like_where_this_thread_is_going_jpg_super.jpg&size=400x1000
  • lovelayla
    Options
    The BLOCK USER feature is under the persons user name where you find their profile information......for those who messaged me.
    Cowards way out

Here we go with the name calling...I feel sad for you that you have to insult people to feel better.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    You can disagree without being RUDE and snarky.I love a good debate/discussion but making fun of people who are sharing an experience is uncalled for.The op did not ask for advice,so everyone who disagreed should have never entered the thread.The title was not asking for advice,it was SHARING an experience......not sure why that is hard to comprehend...Your responses are off the topic.

Again, let's sum this up for you.

Threads like these can be harmful. If you don't understand that, then again, see Deksgrl who explained it for you in a short version and if you want the long version it's a couple pages back.

My responses aren't off topic, I'm replying to you who came in here and called everyone rude and bullies, which is simply not true.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Congrats on completing your challenge, I'm glad it has made you happy! :)

side note: It is annoying me that so many posters are being so negative and saying that OP thinks this is a "magical recipe" that will make her lose weight.. that's not at all the idea I got when I read the whole post (unlike most who only read parts or didn't read it at all, yet somehow have an opinion on it).

Good luck on your journey to healthy eating! :)

Last time...

Disagreement or honesty does not equal negativity.

if you sugar coat *kitten* it's still just *kitten*.

totally understand that some people on here have simply disagreed, but then there are others who have made a point to be rude about it.

also, if she had instead chosen to go home and drink smoothies that included fruits and veggies for 3 days without mentioning "cleanse" or "dr oz," would that have been okay? I don't think there would have been such a disagreement about it if it happened that way.

Actually, ya, it probably would have. Not the first cleanse or detox rodeo.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Also, can someone name a toxin for Jof before this gets deleted? Pretty please? I would love to see him end his quest.
  • skullshank
    Options

didn't realize she posted it in a private group that we miraculously found ourselves in.

it's great that you've been here about a month and this whole community figured out.

good luck on your journey, sensitive one. :drinker:
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I am quitting MFP...

And life

Anybody want to buy the rest of my body by vi shakes before I go?
  • skullshank
    Options
    I am quitting MFP...

And life

Anybody want to buy the rest of my body by vi shakes before I go?

no but i'll take your juicer
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

35bc3n.jpg
  • lovelayla
    Options

didn't realize she posted it in a private group that we miraculously found ourselves in.

it's great that you've been here about a month and this whole community figured out.

good luck on your journey, sensitive one. :drinker:

You don't know how long I've been here Mr!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

35bc3n.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLacuJk5YbJg2QYJWW5uEgsy-267QZSz-Cw3o7pcVo6fa1GavE
  • happysummerrunner
    happysummerrunner Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Glad you had a good experience!

I had a good experience with it as well- but I tweaked the 3 day plan quite a bit (3 smoothies plus a bowl of whole grains, legumes, an egg). I started my calorie deficit/ tracking on Jan 1. (I started last year but had to stop because I was breastfeeding and I think I set my deficit too high because it didn't go well). Anyway- I did this Jan. 1-3 and it was good for me to do. I think it helped w/ my self-control and to kind of draw a line- I'm doing this now. :) It also made me really appreciate eating yummy food again as I added it back in. :) I kept up doing a green smoothie every morning for breakfast but I'm going to phase that out now. It's been nice to incorporate more fruits and veggies in my diet. I'm going to do more salads now instead of smoothies... I've lost 8 pounds so far. :) I don't know about the whole detox thing but I think fruits and veggies and great to eat. Good luck to you and good luck with your new goals!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    dumpster-fire_medium.jpg
This discussion has been closed.