My Experience with Dr. Oz Detox/Cleanse Smoothies

Options

Replies

• toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Wayfarin.

A detox can help clear wayfarin from you system much quicker than allowing your body to process it naturally. At least it helped my brother out.

Three days was all he could take...things get kinda liquid. But felt significantly better after.

The true meaning of "detox" is in reference to drugs/alcohol and heavy metals. What you're talking about is not what we're talking about.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Wayfarin.

A detox can help clear wayfarin from you system much quicker than allowing your body to process it naturally. At least it helped my brother out.

Three days was all he could take...things get kinda liquid. But felt significantly better after.

isn't wayfarin a blood thinner?

Yes sir. If you ever get a blood clot that's what you get prescribed. It's rat poison

It's also a human poison if you take like 100X the recommended dose. Kind of like, oh.... H20 to name one chemical off the top of my head.
  • fitandfortyish
    fitandfortyish Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wayfarin.

Interesting, in that warfarin is not a toxin. It's also got a half life of about 40 hours, which means it's mostly out of your system in about 3 to 4 days. So I would say your brother feeling better after 3 days had nothing to do with any mysterious "detox."

Ever taken it? I'd say my brother would dispute the claim it flushed out after three days. He struggled for quite a while feeling lethargic and moodiness. Docs tried different meds and nothing. Finally some internet foodie said try some cleanse for 30 days. Brother said "yah, no" but finally gave a few days a go... Figured he had nothing to loose--already felt like crap.

He was surprised when he felt better... Once he finally left the bathroom.

Anyway... Sometimes things work.
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    Wayfarin.

Interesting, in that warfarin is not a toxin. It's also got a half life of about 40 hours, which means it's mostly out of your system in about 3 to 4 days. So I would say your brother feeling better after 3 days had nothing to do with any mysterious "detox."

Ever taken it? I'd say my brother would dispute the claim it flushed out after three days. He struggled for quite a while feeling lethargic and moodiness. Docs tried different meds and nothing. Finally some internet foodie said try some cleanse for 30 days. Brother said "yah, no" but finally gave a few days a go... Figured he had nothing to loose--already felt like crap.

Sounds like fortuitous timing to me.

Glad he is feeling better. Hope he finds a blood thinner that doesn't make him feel ill.
  • lovelayla
    lovelayla Posts: 123
    Options
    I never said that you can cleanse anything with anything..(although you can).

I agreed that the body is NOT effective in removing all toxins/chemicals from the body..7th grade biology teaches us that toxins and chemicals are stored in fat cells and some leak into our bones and can take decades to leave...basic physiology really.
  • huneydrop
    huneydrop Posts: 84
    Options
    Every day somewhere on this forum.........

1. Poster comes here to ask about whatever the magic potion of the day is.
    2. Majority of people respond with "there is no magic potion, just eat at a calorie deficit". Some do it matter of factly, some do it with humor, some even do it with a little bit of sarcasm.
    3. Other people come in and say "that's rude, only post if you have something positive to say".
    4. Anyone who disagrees with whatever magic potion being discussed is labeled "mean" despite the fact that most of the time, real studies and science shows them to be correct.

Oh, and I almost forgot.... :flowerforyou: This should make you feel better.

I must have missed the part where OP requested people's opinions.......

No one is saying you can't disagree, but sarcasm and snarky remarks are not disagreeing, they are being bung holes. You disagree by either leaving the thread or simply stating "I disagree" - anything more is unnecessary.

To those trying to save the noobs from a cleanse you can rest easy, people do them all the time and manage to survive. Let's not get too dramatic here comparing a cleanse to some jumping off a bridge......

It really is just a select few, I see the same trolls in many of these posts who contribute nothing positive but just have to "school everyone" like it's their day job, it's lame but you start to ID them pretty quick and just scroll over their comments.

For the record I disagree with OP's methods.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I never said that you can cleanse anything with anything..(although you can).

I agreed that the body is NOT effective in removing all toxins/chemicals from the body..7th grade biology teaches us that toxins and chemicals are stored in fat cells and some leak into our bones and can take decades to leave...basic physiology really.

yet, you still can't name any of these supposed chemicals that the body does not detox naturally….
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

2. Majority of people respond with "there is no magic potion, just eat at a calorie deficit". Some do it matter of factly, some do it with humor, some even do it with a little bit of sarcasm.
    3. Other people come in and say "that's rude, only post if you have something positive to say".
    4. Anyone who disagrees with whatever magic potion being discussed is labeled "mean" despite the fact that most of the time, real studies and science shows them to be correct.

No one is saying you can't disagree, but sarcasm and snarky remarks are not disagreeing, they are being bung holes. You disagree by either leaving the thread or simply stating "I disagree" - anything more is unnecessary.

To those trying to save the noobs from a cleanse you can rest easy, people do them all the time and manage to survive. Let's not get too dramatic here comparing a cleanse to some jumping off a bridge......

It really is just a select few, I see the same trolls in many of these posts who contribute nothing positive but just have to "school everyone" like it's their day job, it's lame but you start to ID them pretty quick and just scroll over their comments.

Curious. Which posters exactly do you feel contribute nothing positive? Because I bet I could, with little effort, find just about all those you'd probably label trolls providing help, support and dare I say being positive on these very forums.

The fact you never see it/have it directed at you says more about you than it does about them.
  • ndj1979
    Options

ummm that would be the part when she posted in a public forum and opened this up to a public discussion….
  • lovelayla
    Options
    This post remindes me of an episode of DR.Phil(Wait is he a NO NO here too?) Anyays,there was an overweight woman who tried over and over to lose weight and ALL her husband did was ridicule her and call her names.In his mind,he was helping.He thought that he would be so mean and that she would finally get it! NOPE! She just ate more...

YOU CAN GET MORE BEES WITH HONEY....

Some of you are mean on EVERY post that you enter so if thats working for your life then great,but I know that some here are really just expressing concern.

ITS ALL IN YOUR DELIVERY...AND WHEN its ASKED FOR.

Not sure why you feel like CAPTAIN save a NOOB..Moist people actually DO have enough common sense to research things before they try it and if they don't you "THUMB THUGGIN" is not going to help..it will just drive them away...
  • rvhorsburgh
    rvhorsburgh Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow. That will teach you to share. Being a jerk is so easy, apparently everyone is doing it.

Congrats on your new attitude and focus.
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    This post remindes me of an episode of DR.Phil(Wait is he a NO NO here too?) Anyays,there was an overweight woman who tried over and over to lose weight and ALL her husband did was ridicule her and call her names.In his mind,he was helping.He thought that he would be so mean and that she would finally get it! NOPE! She just ate more...

Some of you are mean on EVERY post that you enter so if thats working for your life then great,but I know that some here are really just expressing concern.

Not sure why you feel like CAPTAIN save a NOOB..Moist people actually DO have enough common sense to research things before they try it and if they don't you "THUMB THUGGIN" is not going to help..it will just drive them away...

'Moist people.' I am intrigued. That might indicate the H2O toxin. Is that the one of which you speak?
  • Achrya
    Options

People who let mean people discourage them or run them off weren't ready to commit themselves anyway. If you're willing to let faceless people in the internet get so under your skin that you throw in the towel you lacked the emotional strength to deal with actual difficult things

Or maybe I just don't have the luxury to cry and give up every time someone is mean to me. That kind of attitude would have cut my military career really really short. Either way, ain't nobody trying to catch flies. Or bees.

Bees? /head tilt
  • lovelayla
    Options
    Wow. That will teach you to share. Being a jerk is so easy, apparently everyone is doing it.

THIS right here.Most of my screen says IGNORE USER LOL..made the post MUCH better.
  • ndj1979
    Options

LOL that is why there is a cleanse thread posted every day, or a "is it ok to eat 500 calories a day", or "are potatoes bad", and on and on and on ….

Spare me the faux outrage lecture ….its tiresome...
  • fitandfortyish
    Options
    Wayfarin.

Glad he is feeling better. Hope he finds a blood thinner that doesn't make him feel ill.

And I would expect you to say it was fortuitous timing because it falls outside of what you believe to be fact. Reality is that what is going on in our "gut" can impact our health. It is possible there was residual chemical that remained in my brothers system that was flushed out from the cleanse. It is also possible it was all psychosomatic. Either way, he feels better (takes some crazy herb (nutmeg??) to help thin his blood).

The question was what toxins are flushed? It's possible this one can.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Wayfarin.

And I would expect you to say it was fortuitous timing because it falls outside of what you believe to be fact. Reality is that what is going on in our "gut" can impact our health. It is possible there was residual chemical that remained in my brothers system that was flushed out from the cleanse. It is also possible it was all psychosomatic. Either way, he feels better (takes some crazy herb (nutmeg??) to help thin his blood).

The question was what toxins are flushed? It's possible this one can.

what about other people that flush it naturally?
  • Achrya
    Options

THIS right here.Most of my screen says IGNORE USER LOL..made the post MUCH better.

And yet still here. I bet you're just pretending to ignore people because you actually enjoy the drama.

It's okay to admit it. We won't judge you.
  • fitandfortyish
    Options
    Wayfarin.

isn't wayfarin a blood thinner?

Yes sir. If you ever get a blood clot that's what you get prescribed. It's rat poison
    so your saying your body does not naturally expel this?

I'm certain it does... Eventually. However the risks of leaving, essentially poison, in your system for too long could have some serious implications. I agree with his rational--get it out and get it out quickly. I think the medical profession should seriously find something less 18th century to thin blood. It's brutal.
  • fitandfortyish
    Options
    Wayfarin.

The true meaning of "detox" is in reference to drugs/alcohol and heavy metals. What you're talking about is not what we're talking about.

Oh....

Ok. I'll shaddup then.....
This discussion has been closed.