Replies

• Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    EXCUSE ME?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    And speaking of Nutella, there's these glorious spheres of glory... Ferrero Rocher.
    See the brown stuff enveloping the hazlenut? That's Nutella. The same company that makes Nutella also makes these. I legitimately ate a box of these every week until I started on MFP. :tongue:

Edit: Ha, I effed-up the sizing. Oops.

I removed the pics, but you can't put me around those. I just eat the whole box.
  • edvsoreos
    edvsoreos Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    People love Nutella because it's like eating icing out of the jar with the illusion that there is something good in there. Hershey's chocolate icing taste better to me and a little healthier (as comparing junk food goes). mmmmmm.......icing.
  • JoanneC1216
    JoanneC1216 Posts: 166
    Options
    What's wrong with you???

^ This :bigsmile:
  • JoanneC1216
    JoanneC1216 Posts: 166
    Options
    People love Nutella because it's like eating icing out of the jar with the illusion that there is something good in there. Hershey's chocolate icing taste better to me and a little healthier (as comparing junk food goes). mmmmmm.......icing.

Not true, at least not in my case. I eat it because I love it. If I had a choice of icing or nutella, I choose nutella. It's the chocolate hazelnut flavor combined. yum :-)
  • lightmouse
    lightmouse Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    10g of Nutella mixed with 125g of greek yogurt....mmmmmmmm

Nutella melted into warm milk.....mmmmmmmm

Nutella on oaty biscuits.....mmmmmmm

Or just straight out of the tub with a spoon. That'll do.
  • kenthepainter
    kenthepainter Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I believe you can by cake frosting with fewer calories than nutella.
  • traerjudy
    traerjudy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Nutella after scanning the list of ingredients but your recipe sounds good. How much is a serving?
    :smile:
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I wish it was a bit less sweet, but I do like it. If it WAS less sweet, I would probably eat way too much of it. I like to mix it in with greek yogurt to subdue the sweetness or spread some nutella and cream cheese on top of a bagel or toast. Yum!!
  • lolalament
    lolalament Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the obsession with Nutella either. I've had a jar in my cupboard for months, as my boyfriend likes it so I bought it for him.

It's OK on toast, but other things are better. But eaten straight out of the jar it's horrible.
  • rainydays5
    rainydays5 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I love Nutella! My daughter loves it more which is why we have a big jar of it in the pantry. Unfortunately I don't think she eats it fast enough so I feel I must help her with that, haha.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I love it, too much. I recently went to look in the jar to see how much was left and ended up eating about 5 or 6 teaspoons just standing there. Not buying Nutella anymore! I either eat none of it or all of it. :/
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Nutella was my favorite guilty pleasure until I discovered Biscoff spread. Now THAT stuff is heavenly!
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I just had Nutella lol. Grew up with it, so I just really like it.
  • LassVegas
    LassVegas Posts: 35
    Options
    I finally tried it after years of hearing about it thinking how good can it be? It had me at "hello."
  • a_de_jong
    a_de_jong Posts: 17
    Options
    Haleluja!
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    It's the best. But I need to stop buying it, because I can't stop eating it during the weekends! Like yesterday, I had like 5/7 cookies with nutella spread on them and milk YUM!
  • ninja8tofu
    ninja8tofu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I buy it once in a while for the children. They rave about it. I don't get it.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, that means more for those of us who do.

Even before I started counting calories, I'd have my husband hide the jar so I had to ask where it was (and thus think before I ate it.) And I'm not usually that fond of really sweet things.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I don't like Nutella either, maybe because I don't like hazelnuts or things that are too sweet. I prefer peanut butter, but I only have it on top of my rice cake (yes, I know many people don't like them either), or a slice of bread specially if I spread a light laughing cow triangle first.