LADIES: Do you workout on your period?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• l_ashley
    l_ashley Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Working out makes me feel better. I feel less cranky and I tend to be nicer to my fellow humans when I do. :smile:
  • MizMiami305
    MizMiami305 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Well I feel at my best during that time so I workout and eat pretty good, its the 2 weeks before it that messes me up at times!
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    YES! I actually have to, it helps with the pain.
  • snapehbp
    snapehbp Posts: 64
    Options
    Yes. I don't get cramps but I bloat really bad and while I feel like a slug and am tired? Forcing myself gives me a burst of energy. Then I get tired when I'm done and call it a day. I won't weigh during TOM! Yikes
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Yes, I work out and it doesn't seem to bother me. It actually makes me feel better to get some exercise.
  • saraovoxo
    saraovoxo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I usually do my planned workout, but if I'm especially crampy or the flow is really heavy, I'll skip anything really high-impact - more to prevent messes than anything... (LOL, talk about TMI...)

hahahahahahahahhaha
  • tyediri
    tyediri Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yup, I go for my classes and if the cramps are really bad I will take a pain killer and take it easy. It feels so good to get a sweat on during the TOM. So much better than staying curled up in a ball on my couch or bed (which is what I used to do). It would make me feel miserable and I crave chocolates when I'm miserable.
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Always feel better for it!
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Its just another day lass! so yep I sure do and it does make me feel better!
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I don't, I find that cardio workouts help with cramps.
  • S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I learned a few months ago that no matter how crappy I feel, exercising actually helps. Especially running is wonderful for it. If I go running when I have cramps and generally feel like crap, I feel ten times better afterwards and the cramps are usually gone. I wonder why.
  • naomigee161
    naomigee161 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    yes, I wear a menstrual cup so no worrying about leaks, tampon strings or chafing/sweaty pads. my cramps are also much better since switching from tampons/pads.

I also like endorphin rush, and just do more gentle stretches afterwards if I'm feeling crabby.

more info here: http://sizecharts.livejournal.com/ (or you can PM me as I admin a couple of menstrual cup support groups, just don't automatically buy a mooncup as they are crap and there are over 30 different brands available)