40lbs v Sugar!!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• elfram2
    elfram2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I quit sugar about 3 months ago.. Never felt better. I eat no refined sugar, no honey not artificial sugar. I do eat a little fruit but avoid high sugar fruits and stick to mostly berries. It gets easier. Don't let anyone get in your way. Sugar is not anyones friend. I causes all kinds of crazy things in your body. BTW I eat no more then 20 grams of sugar a day.

I'm new to all this healthy stuff. I had a gastric sleeve on feb 19. I'm in the "soft foods" stage now. I went back and looked at my sugars for the last week and average about 2-3 a day with the highest total at 5. I assume that those numbers will go up when start eating larger meals. Right now its 3 oz and 6 times a day. about 500 calories average. Do need more sugar now or can it wait until I go to regular foods on april 3rd? what are some high "good" sugar foods if I need them now or in the future?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Truly, sugar is not the problem. it's the amount of unnecessary sugar you consume.

I see previous notes where "all sugar is the same" Common sense says that an apple is not as bad as a 3-tier cake with gobs of icing. Compare the two; see the difference

But you don't know me, and you don't know my qualifications. If you are dieting under a doctor's care, ask for a referral to a nutritionist and pose your question to them.

More people than not hurt themselves by making uninformed decisions

I have lost over 30 lbs and I have a sugar issue, but I am getting there by making intelligent decisions on a moderation diet
    Either way, good luck

Yes - I see the difference. The biggest one is the amount of calories between the two. :tongue:

OP.

Limit the sugar from non-nutrient dense foods if you need to in order to hit your calories/macros/micros. If they are a trigger, you may want to eliminate until they are not. Keep the nutrient dense foods in your diet. Eat to a reasonable caloric deficit, set and hit your macros that are appropriate to you. Be patient.

^I agree with this. And find it a bit confusing that the person above Sara talks about common sense then throws out such a ludicrous exaggeration of an example. 1 apple to 3 tier cake? Seriously?
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Our bodies are perfectly prepared to handle moderate amounts of fruit. You can even eat sugar cane. It will take so long to extract any sugar from it you'll never be able to eat enough to mess your system up. It's fruit juices and other nifty ways humans have figured out to concentrate calories and sugar into something we can gulp down that messes us up. And even that shouldn't be entirely scorned. In the past, it likely saved many communities from famine.

Anyway, I love this talk on the evolution of our eating. It's amazing (and pretty sure it's where I swiped the sugar cane bit from):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMOjVYgYaG8

Off topic aside: Did you know that, if you are overweight and have access to a tiny amount of vitamin rich food, potassium, and salt, you might be able to survive over a year with no food? One man did it (he took multivitamins, potassium, and salt). He went for 1 year and 17 days fasting. Of course he did weigh over 400 pounds when he started. He is identified as Mr. AB. Look it up. Fat has survival value. Well, it would if we were facing famine.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Why have you made this topic so many times? I now don't like you.

I didn't realise everyone read EXACTLY the same forums so do apologise however with regards to you not liking me quite frankly I think if you haven't got anything constructive to say you should grow up. I though people on here were meant to be mature and polite!!

It's called "recent topics" you fool.

And don't tell me to "grow up" when you're the one behaving like a child. Giving up sugar is nearly as ridiculous as raspberry ketones. I suggest you read about the human body and the requirement of sugar rather than silly books on fad diets.

Wow panties in a bunch..I think you need to calm the heck down

It is against the ToS of the forums to attack or otherwise insult another user.

Be prepared.
    Meh, it's also against the ToS to post the same topic in multiple forums.

Yup and as a new individaul to the forum I think she knows that now...the one calling the names already knows that...so they also know it's against ToS to call names and/or attack
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    I quit sugar about 3 months ago.. Never felt better. I eat no refined sugar, no honey not artificial sugar. I do eat a little fruit but avoid high sugar fruits and stick to mostly berries. It gets easier. Don't let anyone get in your way. Sugar is not anyones friend. I causes all kinds of crazy things in your body. BTW I eat no more then 20 grams of sugar a day.

I'm new to all this healthy stuff. I had a gastric sleeve on feb 19. I'm in the "soft foods" stage now. I went back and looked at my sugars for the last week and average about 2-3 a day with the highest total at 5. I assume that those numbers will go up when start eating larger meals. Right now its 3 oz and 6 times a day. about 500 calories average. Do need more sugar now or can it wait until I go to regular foods on april 3rd? what are some high "good" sugar foods if I need them now or in the future?

Surely you should be under the guidance of professionals and be asking them this, not randoms on a forum?