We should do a walk challenge.

Options

Replies

• Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Got two more miles in last night! Gonna be traveling today, so no walking. Learning2LoveMe, thank you for doing the totals! We have over 1000 miles that we've walked! Can't wait to start a new month and make my goal higher!!!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Went hiking today with NeuroticVirgo and other friends - think we got in about 6 miles (is that right?). Definitely helped boost my mileage - now I'm pretty confident I'll reach my goal within the next week. =)
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hello, another bad day eating :sad: will really try much harder tomorrow!!! but I managed to walk for 5.5 miles so i'm happy with that.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    5.2 miles today! :happy: I was motivated to go for a walk after I heard that my friend has lost over 50 lbs in a short time, just by walking every day, and eating better. His story is so motivating!
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Picked up another 5 today. Feel pretty good about it. Not only did I manage to run the whole thing between 11.5 - 12 minute miles, I also picked one of the hardest training trails I know. I actually managed to get up one of the hills that I've never been able to do before! Woo!

I'm going to meet my goal for this month in the next few days. I'm excited about that too. :) The 10K is in three weeks, I feel ready, I'm sure I can do it and won't be last.

As a side note, I ordered a runners GPS watch today. I ran with a friend today and I was just too jealous of hers. It really does tell you everything and I'm looking forward to having all kinds of charts and graphs to obsess over. I may even use some of the fancy stat software the company I work for makes to draw some really fancy graphs with all my data. Yeah, total data nerd. :)
  • Suedre
    Options
    grrr. double.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Went hiking today with NeuroticVirgo and other friends - think we got in about 6 miles (is that right?). Definitely helped boost my mileage - now I'm pretty confident I'll reach my goal within the next week. =)

I tried looking at the Map again, and it just confused me, so I'm trusting the hubby (who to be honest is pretty good with maps and distances)...so I say 6 miles, he says he knows for sure 5, but then we had that strip from the ranger station to the parking lot which was pretty long.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Its exciting, I think I might actually make my goal for the month! I remember starting Oct 1st thinking...there's no way...I'm dying after like 1 miles...but now I can get in a few miles without panting and worrying my hearts going to stop working. :laugh: YAY!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    runners GPS watch

What is that? Like what does it do? (I know lame that I have no clue haha)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    So WHEN we continue (like how I phrased that..oh ya) next month, how many miles is everyone going to raise their goals? I'm thinking I'm going to try for 90...but I'm not sure yet.
  • Suedre
    Options
    runners GPS watch

What is that? Like what does it do? (I know lame that I have no clue haha)

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Forerunner-Receiver-Heart-Monitor/dp/B000CSWCQA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288007972&sr=8-1

It's pretty much a personal GPS. The coolest thing is it shows distance and MPH in real time which means I can push harder or pull back without guessing what my pace is. Then it takes all the info it learned about me and keeps logs and graphs so I can see my progress. Technology... so cool. :)

I would be in for next month, but my milage would probably actually DECREASE. It's my plan after the 10K to spend some time focusing on pacing and try to work my way to an 11 minute mile for a December 11 5K which means shorter faster runs.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I think for next month I'm going to up my goal by about 10 miles and see how that works out.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    5 miles running and walking...

I have to bust out about 24 miles in 6 days to hit my goal! OI VEY.

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!
  • barty
    Options
    Hi and another 4 miles completed :happy:
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    2.25 miles today...it doesn't look like Im going to get to my goal this month. I went to the gym today to find out that they are cleaning the carpet in the cardio room and they will be closed until the end of the week. :( going to go update my ticker.
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    6 miles left! woot woot!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    another .71 miles...
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    1.75 miles today. walked around the indoor track since it was so gloomy outside. (where is everyone?)
  • barty
    Options
    Hi, only 2.5 miles walked today as its been raining windy and horrible outside :grumble:
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Got 8 more miles in this week!

4 more days to hit my target...