We should do a walk challenge.

Options

Replies

• WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Rest day today..5K in the morning..gotta be there early. I'm doing an additional 3 miles (1.5 mile there to warmup, and back to cool off and walk off the food served after) :)
  • bobbijomacknight
    Options
    Got another 12 miles in over the last couple of days. Lots of running, walking and biking!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi, A bit better today with the eating (though not good enough!!!) but I did manage to walk for 7 miles today :smile:
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    glad to see everyone is doing so well!
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Another 5 miles for me today. It was such a beautiful day -- too nice to waste! :happy:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I changed my goal to 50. I run a mile, then walk the second one for now. I just started running, so I can't do as much. My original goal was 100. Once I get used to my mile that I run, I'll be able to walk further afterwards. I'm glad this challenge is here. Will there be a November walk challenge too? If so, I'm signing up for that too!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi, 4 miles for me today!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    2 more miles in! I'll update my ticker later but I'm at 33 miles!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    5.5 miles..including my 5K earlier today.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    I vow to get in atleast 5 miles tomorrow...I have been slacking the last few days trying to nurse my knee before it got worse.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    woot just hit my halfway point today...and since we are about halfway through...I think I'm on track. YAY!
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hit another four miles this morning. Tough getting started, it is COLD outside!! Going to be really hard Tuesday morning when the sun isnt even up! :)
  • smacaulay
    smacaulay Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group! I try to walk at least 3 times a week and do strength training on the other days. What do I need to do?
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    so I bikred 5.43 miles today and did 2.77 miles on the elliptical. 8.2 miles total. off to a good start for this week!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Don't think I forgot about you guys! You all are rocking! Here's the update on my spreadsheet with all your info pulled from the tickers. If something isn't right, let me know.

walkwk2-1.jpg
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! All together, we have almost 1000 miles in! And to the person who is interested, just go to tickerfactory.com and make a ticker for your walk under exercise and fitness and update it when you walk or run. Have fun! I'd love to do this for November as well!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    oh yeah, I would love to continue this challenge into next month. it has kept me so motivated to get my miles in!
    learning2love- thx for updating the spreadsheet, you're awesome!
  • smacaulay
    Options
    I can't figure out how to do the ticker - I tried - but I walked 1 hour or 3 miles today.
  • Douniap
    Douniap Posts: 841
    Options
    I can't figure out how to do the ticker - I tried - but I walked 1 hour or 3 miles today.

go to:
    http://tickerfactory.com/
    Choose Exercise & Fitness ticker
    enter the values you have as goal and for which month..
    create a password so that you can update it
    take that code (copy) that was created and get back to your MFP Under signature, and paste it.
    Every time you walk/run or whatever activity you designed your ticker for, just go back, enter your pasword and update your values.
    that will then update automatically under your MFP.

hope this helps
    Cheers
    Dounia
  • smacaulay
    Options

exercise.png

I went to ticker factory and copied and pasted this, but my ticker didn't show up just the words - what am I doing wrong?