Six Miles done today !!! another beautiful day :bigsmile:
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    10.5 miles tonight!! Woohoo!!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Ok, here's the update - I pulled all the info I could from the tickers. If your info is wrong let me know :smile:

walkwk1.jpg
  • annasid78
    Options
    Okay can I join in this late?

Now the next question. I wear a pedometer, and I track what I walk the WHOLE day. Does that count here too. Or just my formal exercise, counts??
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    Ok, here's the update - I pulled all the info I could from the tickers. If your info is wrong let me know :smile:

walkwk1.jpg

Goal is 200 for October. :)
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join the walk challenge? I walk 6 days a week. And depending on the day, I walk 3-4 miles the days I walk.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Ok Foxygrl441 - I've fixed your goal to 200.

I_wanna_b_an_RN & annasid78 - I've added you both to the list. :bigsmile:

I'm taking today off - have a huge blister on my toe from yesterday's walk. Can't wait to get new shoes... only need to lose 2 more lbs!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Ok Foxygrl441 - I've fixed your goal to 200.

I_wanna_b_an_RN & annasid78 - I've added you both to the list. :bigsmile:

I'm taking today off - have a huge blister on my toe from yesterday's walk. Can't wait to get new shoes... only need to lose 2 more lbs!

Thanks! Owie on the blisters! When I got my generic shape up shoes, I got a blister on the toe closest to my big toe.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi, once again a beautiful day and a 3.5 mile walk on the beach :happy:
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    Super nice night for walking! 6.5 miles walked tonight.
  • violet_820
    violet_820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to share with everyone that there is a really neat government website where you can enter the miles you walk/bike/run each day, and it will track how far you've walked across the USA. How awesome is that to be able to say you've walked the distance that equals across the states?

http://exercise.lbl.gov/loginStep1.html;jsessionid=86706694281C9827F63572FC1E41A42E?security-redirect=http://exercise.lbl.gov/user/userHome.html?calDate=20090421&calDate=20090421&security-session=USER_FULL_AUTH

You can create teams as well... it's a very basic website... but it's interesting!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Just wanted to share with everyone that there is a really neat government website where you can enter the miles you walk/bike/run each day, and it will track how far you've walked across the USA. How awesome is that to be able to say you've walked the distance that equals across the states?

http://exercise.lbl.gov/loginStep1.html;jsessionid=86706694281C9827F63572FC1E41A42E?security-redirect=http://exercise.lbl.gov/user/userHome.html?calDate=20090421&calDate=20090421&security-session=USER_FULL_AUTH

You can create teams as well... it's a very basic website... but it's interesting!

Thank you! I just made an account there!
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I gave myself four miles for the weekend. The 5K on Saturday was 3+ for sure and Sunday I did an interval training routine. Based on far I went, I estimate I ran about two miles, but I'd rather stick to the low side since I dont really know. I'm hoping to get 10+ this week. Good luck to you all!! :)
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    2miles done this morning. Probably more to come today. I'm at 7 miles.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Here is a good walker's stretch video.
    http://video.about.com/walking/5-Stretches-for-Walkers.htm
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hello, today I have walked at least 5.5 miles and it has been yet another beautiful day but not sure how much longer this fantastic weather is going to last !!!!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Did at least 4 miles today, we went for a hike/walk...its hard for me to call it a hike, because when I think hiking, I think mountain climbing, or some serious crawling around lol. But it was on & off a paved trail (some of it paved some of it just dirt trail), and LOTS of hills.... So that was fun. Better than my usual of walking around the block! haha
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Managed to get up and snag three miles. It's so lonely out there at 5 am. I'm due for another 3 tomorrow. Should be interesting given I have slide today and about 1000 chores. I'm seriously considering taking Thursday off from any training at all.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I got 7 more miles (walking and running) since Sunday !
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Three more miles today! 1/10 of the way there!