We should do a walk challenge.

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    3 more miles!!! Can't believe I beat my goal! I think I'll step it up, and put down 65 miles for a goal for next month!!! By the way, I'm doing the 3rd mile tonight. I did two, and am gonna do the other tonight.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    9.61 miles on the bike today. Knee is a little sore. going to zumba tomorrow, but probably no miles. I want to do it next month, but I will have to make my goal more realistic so I can actually accomplish it. I didn't want to aim too low this month, but I think I over estimated. I pushed myself hard, but I had a lot of obstacles (vacation and renevating the gym) that stopped me from reaching my goal. better luck next month. I don't feel defeated. I probably wouldn't have did as many miles as I did if it wasn't for this thread.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my rest day after 6 days of working out straight. So i suppose I didn't make it to 150 even after i lowered my goal. I finished at 141 I think with 9 miles left. It's a good number.

I guess for November, I will have a goal of 100 miles. I'm mainly just going to keep track. :smile:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    That is still an awesome goal! Had a friend do a 100 mile challenge for the SUMMER and she was so sedentary that she made it to 66 in the middle of September! Be glad that you did as much as you did. Maybe set your goal a bit lower in the winter (100miles) and make it higher in the warmer months.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I did manage to walk about 7 miles today. :happy:
  • bobbijomacknight
    Options
    Well I ran another 3 miles yesterday! Not quite my goal for the month but it sure helped in my weight loss of 12 lbs this month. Off to a great start!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Well I ran another 3 miles yesterday! Not quite my goal for the month but it sure helped in my weight loss of 12 lbs this month. Off to a great start!

Good for you! That's awesome! 12 lbs is so great! Are you just gonna roll your miles over to November?
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Made it to 50! That's amazing really. I'm still reeling that I can run for longer than 5 minutes, much less 50 miles for the month! I'm not sure what I'll do for next month's goal. I have a 'rest' week (9 miles) the week before the 10K and I'm going to switch around the training after the 10K. I'm pretty sure 10 miles a week is a safe bet, but I don't want to make it too easy by shooting too low. I'll figure something out.

Congrats to everyone who made their goals and those who didnt. Just keeping track is a pretty big deal too!!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Suedre, I just aimed for 65 instead of 50, because I got to 58 miles. If you want to, just aim for 55 miles if you want it higher. :bigsmile:
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Whoooo I made it to over 150 miles for October, cant believe that I did over 50 miles more than my target, walked 4 miles today to make it :laugh: . Think I will stick with 100 miles for November though lol. Food wise today has been bad, very bad, so just as well i am doing more miles !!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I made it! FINALLY...I so didn't want to do these last 5 miles...its Halloween, I just wanted to eat my candy and go to bed. haha...but I did it. YAY! I think I'm going to keep my goal the same 62miles for November, so that way I keep walking but don't over do it since I'm also doing Zumba, and a push up challenge! *meep*

This was great though, I never though I'd make my goal...since I wasn't walking AT ALL when we started on the1st.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    So, are we starting a thread for a November walk challenge?
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    So, are we starting a thread for a November walk challenge?

I think we should. It would be better to start off fresh in a new thread for the month and maybe more people will want to join in.

My spreadsheet was giving me crap last night and won't let me update anything or even copy/paste what I had into a new spreadsheet. :grumble: Hopefully it will let me tonight but if not I will e-mail it to myself and update tomorrow at work. Please keep your tickers up for another day.... or if you took yours down send me a message with your totals so I can update.

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

(If the new thread was posted already can someone post a link? I don't want to miss it!)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't see anyone start a thread for November, but I still think it would be a good idea to keep this going. :)

So I made one (sorry if there was already one and I missed it).

November walking challenge: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/131243-november-walking-challenge