We should do a walk challenge.

Replies

• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    I like the last comment on this. So..if im walking 7 miles a day..i should do a couple extra miles more..its getting colder in some areas too..at least i wont die from the heat. :D

7 miles a day! that's outstanding. I am thinking of increasing my goal because I want to push myself to do more than I usually do too. I have a lot going on in October, so I will see if mid way through the month if I should modify it to a higher number ( I definitely won't lower it). At times, I do a lot more aerobics than mileage, but I'm still aiming for the moon!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Ok I got my ticker ready... I've never been able to figure out how to update them though. Do you have to make a whole new ticker each time?

Hope everyone is geared up and ready to start walking friday! :drinker: :glasses:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    From what I get you have to know your tickers url, and then it will take you to the tickers page, then you click to update data, and enter your PIN, and how far you've gone.
  • TeamLeela
    bump
  • I was thinking along these lines also- My goal is 12.5 miles a week or 50 miles of cardio for the month of October. Thanks for reading my mind!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    I never thought I'd be so excited for October to come. I've got my ticker all set up, my route all planned...and now I'm like an impatient kid. haha

I'm a little worried about getting in my walks on the weekends. We travel a lot for work on Sat & Sundays, and guaranteed am working all day on Saturday, usually from 7am-till after midnight sometimes. :0/ Such a bummer.
  • TeamLeela
    I was thinking along these lines also- My goal is 12.5 miles a week or 50 miles of cardio for the month of October. Thanks for reading my mind!

I was thinking of trying to up it to 70 miles for the month because yesterday alone, I did over 8. but that doesn't happen often. I usually only do a few miles at at time on the elliptical or treadmill. I think a lot of my miles will come from the upright stationary bike.

Virgo, I'm excited about starting too. Just try to get more walking in throughout the week to allow for not being able to walk on the weekend. I will see if around October 15, if I need to amp up my miles in order to meet my challenge. I don't want to go too ambitious and miss the mark, but I don't want to make it too easy for me either.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    I'm in! I'm currently sans car (by choice!) and I'm walking a lot.

I walk to and from work each day so I have 10 miles a week without even noticing. I'd like to walk 15-20 each week! I'm going to make it a point to walk to the grocery store instead of taking a ride and extend my walks home each day.

GOAL: 60 miles for the month of October!

Good luck everyone!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Is it friday yet??? :laugh: :laugh:
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
    I have a 200 mile goal for mine..I want October to give me a good weight loss boost! I am so close to 200 I can smell it!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    So is everyone going to check in on Fridays, since that's when we're starting?
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    I am so excited! I can't wait for October to start!!! I'm going to tear up my walking shoes next month. :smile:
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
    Yes..I think we should check in Fridays. :)
  • TeamLeela
    since we started on a Friday, I think its appropriate to check in on Fridays. I am thinking of changing my miles ticker daily. another thing I am going to do to keep up with my miles is edit the note in the exercise session and put my total daily miles.
    see ya tomorrow.
    Leela.
  • TeamLeela
    just curious? would you prefer to check in regularly (more frequently than weekly), just to state your progress and then make it more official on Friday? Also, I was curious if anyone was interested in maybe creating a spreadsheet with the posters' miles and see how many we accumulate as a group over the next 31 days. Maybe we can even set up a group goal to go along with our individual goals. Does anyone like that idea? if not, we can just keep it the way we originally talked about. just throwing out new suggestions.
    well I'm headed to the gym to get my miles in. I'll check in later.
    Leela.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    woohoo! October is finally upon us! Time to start walking!! :drinker:

I would like to update more than once a week... I like doing quick progress checks, but I like the idea of doing one official check-in each week.

I also LOVE the spreadsheet idea.... I could do it for you. I'm usually bored at nights anyway so instead of snacking I can work on spreadsheets :laugh: I'll work up one up tonight with everyones names and mileage goal.... that is, of course, after my walk :wink:
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    I've been told it's not tacky to use this space for tracking my miles racked up training for a 10K in mid November. It looks like I will be between 9 - 13 miles a week so I went with a goal of 11 a week.

Then I thought, wow. I went from sitting on a heating pad all the time with a bad back and miserable pain to running 11 miles a week. It's a amazing what a little exercise will do for you!

Can't wait to see how everyone does!! :)
  • kiekokay
    kiekokay Posts: 101 Member
    One of my main methods of exercise is walking dogs, so I am in!!! What is the consensus about the challenge details...?
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Finally Friday and it's finally October! So excited for this month!

3 Miles logged this morning! :bigsmile:
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    3 miles walking (to and from work) + 2 miles running (on the treadmill) = 5 miles today! Off to a great start!

Are we OFFICIALLY checking in once a week on fridays? Since it's friday, I figured I'd post.

BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE ON YOUR GOALS!!! :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.