We should do a walk challenge.

Replies

• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    I just want to make sure I understand correctly....are we added miles from other cardio machines too...i.e elliptical, stationary bike, or for those that bike outside.

I wanted to add those into my totals, but I can distinguish between my bike miles and walking miles as it takes less than 5 minutes to bike a mile instead of 15 minutes to walk a mile. Just let me know. I want to make sure that I understand the challenge correctly.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    did 2.5 miles this morning, hope to get 4 more this afternoon.
  • vraesgame
    vraesgame Posts: 129 Member
    i'm new to the site and wanted to log my october miles to see what i'm walking... I'd like to join the challenge. My goal is to hit 70 miles this month. Good luck to everyone!
    :wink:
  • Hi, I'm new today to my fitness pal....thanks to a friend. I love the idea of this challenge for October, count me in. I recently joined a running class for beginners and am currently walking/jogging a few times a week. But I would like to challenge myself for better weight loss.

I'm not sure how to add my fitness ticker to my profile...any help?
  • TeamLeela
    So today I walked 2.54 miles, row 2.1 miles, bike 6.33 miles. Total 10.97 And I had fun doing it!
  • mrsdero
    mrsdero Posts: 18
    I am usualy power walk/jog 7.75 a week. I can totally bump it up though. I am in for 60 miles for October YAY

exercise.png
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    2 miles so far today-- Less than ideal since I had my daughter with me and I couldn't go fast. When she leaves for her sleepover I am going to try to get more in!!
  • Fawnie
    Fawnie Posts: 67 Member
    I'd like to join ^ ^
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
    I did 4.5 miles today woohoo! I would of done more, but I had a busy day. :)

My goal is 200 miles this month and I fixed up my ticker finally. :)
  • ChubbieTubbie
    Woo hoo, I got another 2 in!!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Ok here is everyone I have so far. I didn't see any mile goals for some of you, so if yours is blank let me know and I will update it.

walk.jpg
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Ok here is everyone I have so far. I didn't see any mile goals for some of you, so if yours is blank let me know and I will update it.

walk.jpg

Your awesome you know that lol
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Made it 2 miles today. woot!
  • TeamLeela
    wow Virgo! you did that fast! thx, cool, it looks great. I just came on here for some added motivation. I'm headed out to the gym to get in more miles!! I'll be on later to report and update my ticker.

Leela.
  • TeamLeela
    3.57 miles on elliptical today!
  • ChubbieTubbie
    6 miles today, but I can't update my icker from my iPod, I'll do that tonight!! 10 total already, I may have to up my monthly allottment.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
    7.26 miles..I kicked butt mwahaha!!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    I'd love to join in! My friend has lost 40 lbs lately from walking 5 miles a day. I'd like to add up 100 miles walked by the end of October!! This should motivate me to really get outside and enjoy the weather like I should be. Fall is my favourite time of year, and I want to enjoy it, since it also seems to be the shortest season.
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 237 Member
    I would like to join in this challenge. I'm just seeing this today but I've already walked 2.2 miles for the day so I'm in!!! :happy:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    I'd love to join in! My friend has lost 40 lbs lately from walking 5 miles a day. I'd like to add up 100 miles walked by the end of October!! This should motivate me to really get outside and enjoy the weather like I should be. Fall is my favourite time of year, and I want to enjoy it, since it also seems to be the shortest season.

Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I've added you to my spreadsheet. :happy:

Edit: I added sabrinalg to the spreadsheet too :happy: Can't wait to update it with everyone's total miles so far on friday :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.