7 Days Left on Low carb and fading fast

Options

Replies

• Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Pants I use are probably still a little too tight for me so Im definitely going to need to go another 30 days in a few weeks. Feel good today. Getting little bored with the foods im eating so a break will be good. Been going to restaurants more. Today Im eating

Breakfast
    1 Mozzarella cheese stick
    4 sausage patties

Lunch
    Went to Pollo tropical
    3 grilled chicken wings
    1 chicken thigh
    Roast pork
    About a cup of romaine with 3 tblspoons ceasar salad dressing

Dinner

2 salmon filets

You gotta get some vegetables in your diet. 1 cup of romaine is BS. You said you like green beans and bell peppers, eat them!

The only reason Im even eating any veggies is so I can have a bowel movement every few days. I dont want to get constipated. If I could go without eating any veggies then I would.

I hope you're taking a multivitamin.

BTW, you're pretty much the protein equivalent of the typical American obesity diet.
    Congratulations.
    Enjoy that short-term, yo-yo diet rollercoaster you've put yourself on.
    I'm sure your *kitten* enjoys all those bigg-meat dumps you're forcing through it.

The multi vitamin was a good suggestion that I am willing to fit in when dieting.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Pants I use are probably still a little too tight for me so Im definitely going to need to go another 30 days in a few weeks. Feel good today. Getting little bored with the foods im eating so a break will be good. Been going to restaurants more. Today Im eating

Breakfast
    4 sausage patties

Lunch
    Went to Pollo tropical
    3 grilled chicken wings
    1 chicken thigh
    Roast pork

Dinner

2 salmon filets

You gotta get some vegetables in your diet. 1 cup of romaine is BS. You said you like green beans and bell peppers, eat them!

The only reason Im even eating any veggies is so I can have a bowel movement every few days. I dont want to get constipated. If I could go without eating any veggies then I would.

I hope you're taking a multivitamin.

BTW, you're pretty much the protein equivalent of the typical American obesity diet.
    Congratulations.
    Enjoy that short-term, yo-yo diet rollercoaster you've put yourself on.
    I'm sure your *kitten* enjoys all those bigg-meat dumps you're forcing through it.

LOL I was just getting ready to eat my cauliflower-brussel sprout-carrot medley when I read this...

Right to the point you were...he won't listen though...it is like we are all talking to a wall.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

Breakfast
    4 sausage patties

Lunch
    Went to Pollo tropical
    3 grilled chicken wings
    1 chicken thigh
    Roast pork

Dinner

2 salmon filets

You are a 36 year old man that has 90lbs to lose...your body should be eliminating waste faster than every few days.

Sorry but a half serving of a green leafy vegetable will not do the trick.
  • Miamiuu
    Options

Breakfast
    4 sausage patties

Lunch
    Went to Pollo tropical
    3 grilled chicken wings
    1 chicken thigh
    Roast pork

Dinner

2 salmon filets

You are a 36 year old man that has 90lbs to lose...your body should be eliminating waste faster than every few days.

Sorry but a half serving of a green leafy vegetable will not do the trick.

180 is more like my ideal weight.
  • SallyPDXer
    SallyPDXer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I recently did low carb for 2 weeks to kick start my weight loss. I felt great and it was pretty easy mostly because I knew it was only for 2 weeks. I know I can't sustain a LCHF lifestyle, although I know someone personally who swears by it, is very thin, and runs several miles every day. Now I am on MFP, logging my food, counting calories, and working out because although the scale might not move as fast, this is a more sustainable lifestyle for me.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I recently did low carb for 2 weeks to kick start my weight loss. I felt great and it was pretty easy mostly because I knew it was only for 2 weeks. I know I can't sustain a LCHF lifestyle, although I know someone personally who swears by it, is very thin, and runs several miles every day. Now I am on MFP, logging my food, counting calories, and working out because although the scale might not move as fast, this is a more sustainable lifestyle for me.
    Even if you can't sustain LCHF it's amazing what health increases come if you cut (or even eliminate) refined/processed carbohydrate from your diet. If you tolerate carbs and use things like sprouted-grain bread (made with no flour), steel-cut oats instead of rolled, etc., it makes great improvements in health.

I truly believe the ONLY people that *should* go on an LCHF diet long-term fall into two classifications:

People who have insulin-resistance - this can be individuals with uncontrolled diabetes (Type II most commonly, but Type I's are also developing it more-and-more..), hashimoto's thyroiditis, PCOS, metabolic syndrome, etc. As they lose weight and undertake activities that improve insulin-sensitivity, they should slowly re-introduce carbohydrate back into their diet to find out what levels they tolerate.

Morbidly obese people who may or may not be able to exercise. Most often these individuals also present with metabolic syndrome, but sometimes they don't. Regardless of whether they're insulin-resistant or not, however, research is clear that the morbidly obese - especially those unable to exercise - lose more weight while on an LCHF diet. Again, as they lose weight and undertake activities that improve insulin-sensitivity or other markers of health, they should slowly re-introduce carbohydrate back into the diets to see what they tolerate, and find a macronutrient profile that they find comfortable to manage and keeps them healthy for life.

As far as short-term ketogenic diets - there's considerable benefits from using a CKD - cyclic ketogenic diet, where you go on and off the diet at pre-determined intervals. There's considerable research available on the topic if you care to google it.
  • Miamiuu
    Options
    Feeling good still. thank you everyone for helping keeping me motivated so I could complete the 30 days. Now Im just going to count calories for a few weeks and then I'll do another 30 day session of low carbing. I lost weight eating the foods I ate. If I knew how to cook better Id also have better meals. I do need to watch my sodium so once I lose some more weight Im going to have to attempt to go low on salt.

Breakfast

A frozen cheese omelette- Actually tastes pretty good.

Snacks
    2 sticks of Mozarella cheese
    1 Stick of Pepperjack cheese
    Pork rhinds

Lunch
    A 3 oz bag of beef jerky.

Dinner
    To be decided probably go to giraffas again and have a 10 oz steak, or have a skirt steak.

Thats a wrap folks.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Incredible!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    It's so very sad that a site that is supposed to offer motivation and help is full of so many people that are "my way or the highway".... I have friends doing all kinds of diets.... Low carb, low cal, beach body, HCG, advocare, itworks.... And I never ever ever tell them they are wrong in their choices.

I have more people blocked on here than I do on my friends list!

If you haven't blocked me yet, I would like to re-iterate what I said before about stepping back and reading posts in monotone.
    You might find that you will be able to un-block some people and their posts because they aren't necessarily cruel, mean, condescending or judgemental.
    Emotions can run high on the forums. Sometimes it takes some effort to see things how people REALLY mean them, instead of how we THINK they mean them.

I agree that passions can get heated on the threads.... Tones can get misjudged and such.
    I said on page two that I had (past tense) great success and quit due to financial complications ....

Then later (on around page 5 or so) when I said I had (past tense) great success I was still referring to what I said on page two... So I can see how you might take it where I might have been saying I am successful if you came in on page 5 and didn't see what I posted on page two.....

I am just restarting as of about 3 weeks ago and I am no expert at all... I'm far from maintenance. If I hadn't had to live off of Ramen and my friend making my pity dinner 6 nights a week I would never have stopped.

Been there, done that re: the Ramen.
    As much as I respect it, I hope I never have to eat it again. Total burn out. Even now, the thought just makes me unhappy.

I hope your health improves and your success continues.

Thank you. It is helping my PCOS tremendously.
    And I don't mean to be so hot tempered but people like the OP give low carb a very bad name and it gets me all fired up ;)

Ramen is cheap :) sometimes you've just gotta do what you've gotta do.. But I agree... I'll be just fine if I never have to eat it again.

Just wanted to say I'm glad you have found a way of eating that helps you medically! And I also wanted to say that FlaxMilk is a really swell person, and you might want to rethink your block. :flowerforyou:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Feeling good still. thank you everyone for helping keeping me motivated so I could complete the 30 days. Now Im just going to count calories for a few weeks and then I'll do another 30 day session of low carbing. I lost weight eating the foods I ate. If I knew how to cook better Id also have better meals. I do need to watch my sodium so once I lose some more weight Im going to have to attempt to go low on salt.

Breakfast

A frozen cheese omelette- Actually tastes pretty good.

Snacks
    2 sticks of Mozarella cheese
    1 Stick of Pepperjack cheese
    Pork rhinds

Lunch
    A 3 oz bag of beef jerky.

Dinner
    To be decided probably go to giraffas again and have a 10 oz steak, or have a skirt steak.

Thats a wrap folks.

Humans are omnivores, not carnivores. We need fruits and vegetables. Your diet is seriously lacking in fiber and you can't be getting all the micronutrients you need.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Humans are omnivores, not carnivores. We need fruits and vegetables. Your diet is seriously lacking in fiber and you can't be getting all the micronutrients you need.
    Not to nitpick - but we need fruits OR vegetables. :-) I'm sure you know this QuietBloom, but I thought I'd add it for clarity's sake for those reading this that aren't aware.

There is no vitamin or nutrient found in fruit that's not also found in vegetables - but with a lot less calories and sugar overall. For those of us that do need to watch overall caloric, carbohydrate and/or sugar intake, non-starchy vegetables are a superior choice.

That being said I still eat fruit DAILY - albeit small amounts of berries (the lowest-glycemic and highest-fiber fruit available). I like 'em and they thicken my LCHF protein shake.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    It's so very sad that a site that is supposed to offer motivation and help is full of so many people that are "my way or the highway".... I have friends doing all kinds of diets.... Low carb, low cal, beach body, HCG, advocare, itworks.... And I never ever ever tell them they are wrong in their choices.

If you haven't blocked me yet, I would like to re-iterate what I said before about stepping back and reading posts in monotone.
    You might find that you will be able to un-block some people and their posts because they aren't necessarily cruel, mean, condescending or judgemental.
    Emotions can run high on the forums. Sometimes it takes some effort to see things how people REALLY mean them, instead of how we THINK they mean them.

I agree that passions can get heated on the threads.... Tones can get misjudged and such.
    I said on page two that I had (past tense) great success and quit due to financial complications ....

Then later (on around page 5 or so) when I said I had (past tense) great success I was still referring to what I said on page two... So I can see how you might take it where I might have been saying I am successful if you came in on page 5 and didn't see what I posted on page two.....

I am just restarting as of about 3 weeks ago and I am no expert at all... I'm far from maintenance. If I hadn't had to live off of Ramen and my friend making my pity dinner 6 nights a week I would never have stopped.

As much as I respect it, I hope I never have to eat it again. Total burn out. Even now, the thought just makes me unhappy.

And I don't mean to be so hot tempered but people like the OP give low carb a very bad name and it gets me all fired up ;)

Ramen is cheap :) sometimes you've just gotta do what you've gotta do.. But I agree... I'll be just fine if I never have to eat it again.

Just wanted to say I'm glad you have found a way of eating that helps you medically! And I also wanted to say that FlaxMilk is a really swell person, and you might want to rethink your block. :flowerforyou:

Thank you for the message.

That may be so. But every day I hear how I'm wrong about everything that comes out of my mouth when I'm here from one person or another and it gets tiresome.

It was my opinion from what I have personally observed.... I didn't need to be repeatedly told I was wrong when I've experienced it first hand. I was sitting there I know what happened.. So how can I always be wrong?
  • marshrowan
    marshrowan Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This is what I ate today

Breakfast
    4 frozen sausage patties, stick of pepperjack cheese

Snack
    Pork Rinds

Lunch
    10 buffalo style chicken wings

Dinner

Ceasar salad half a cup of lettuce. 2 tablespoons of dressing
    3 grilled chicken wings
    Some shredded roast pork
    Grilled chicken thigh

I took two multivitamins in the morning. Feeling good still today. Going to see if I need to up my carbs before bed like I did last night. So far Im feeling good again.

So all your eating it meat?? basically that can't be good
  • marshrowan
    Options
    This is what I ate today

Breakfast
    4 frozen sausage patties, stick of pepperjack cheese

Snack
    Pork Rinds

Lunch
    10 buffalo style chicken wings

Dinner

Ceasar salad half a cup of lettuce. 2 tablespoons of dressing
    3 grilled chicken wings
    Some shredded roast pork
    Grilled chicken thigh

I took two multivitamins in the morning. Feeling good still today. Going to see if I need to up my carbs before bed like I did last night. So far Im feeling good again.

At first glance that looks like a lot of calories to me, though it depends on the exact portions. You might try substituting some of that meat with vegetables and only take the recommended dosage of multivitamins. More likely if you need to supplement anything, it's electrolytes which aren't found in large amounts in multivitamins.

EAT MORE VEGETABLES!!!!
  • marshrowan
    Options
    On my own study of one I did calorie counting and it didn't work. I know of 4 other people personally who did weight watcher (didn't work).

I have 2 close friends who are low carb and they are both very sporty and have lost and maintained on low carb.

Therefore by your logic - calorie counting must not work!!!!

I don't count calories either i'm just more conscious of what i'm putting in my mouth! counting calories made me crazy and didn't lose weight until I stopped ! but for some they still want to eat doritos and taco Bell for the rest of their life and eat a calorie deficit thinking that that's the healthy way, I said it before I eat to live not live to eat. My life wont suck if I can't eat taco bell every week!
  • EmbraceTheDarkSide
    EmbraceTheDarkSide Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Enjoy gaining all the weight back when you're done "dieting."
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Thank you for the message.

That may be so. But every day I hear how I'm wrong about everything that comes out of my mouth when I'm here from one person or another and it gets tiresome.

It was my opinion from what I have personally observed.... I didn't need to be repeatedly told I was wrong when I've experienced it first hand. I was sitting there I know what happened.. So how can I always be wrong?

I don't want to negate your feelings, because I understand that you felt piled on and that's unfortunate, really. And I genuinely don't want to come across as pressuring you, because... well, I don't want you to feel pressured! :smile:
    I do agree with QuietBloom that Flaxmilk seems like a swell and balanced person. I can't say that about every poster I've encountered on these forums. This thread just... well... it just wasn't such a great place.
    I also hope that you will re-consider the block.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

Surely the same goes for everyone? Stop dieting and gain your weight back!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Surely the same goes for everyone? Stop dieting and gain your weight back!

Which is why I encourage learning sustainable, practical eating instead of fad diets like low carb.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    fthmh4.gif

thoughts-funny-think.jpg?w=1000&h=478

tumblr_inline_mgmob2WQsV1qih9gi.gif