7 Days Left on Low carb and fading fast

Options

Replies

• DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Nope. I consider it a fad diet. Refer to it however you wish, but I think it's an unsustainable plan intended to be a quick fix. It does not teach you how to eat like a normal person by eating normal common foods, just in moderated ways

That's it then. It's all been for nothing.

Jonny has spoken and now we must all follow his diet (which actually isn't a diet) its and eating strategy (or something like that), but NOT a diet.

Okay, what shall I have for dinner tonight, cause I've only got low carb stuff in and I don't want to fall off the 'Jonny no diet' eating strategy first day?

Lol ok I know you are being facetious BUT... You should try this chicken I've been making!! We eat it a few times a week.

Take chicken breast and top with fresh basil paste and wrap in bacon and when it's completely cooked top with mozzella until melted!
    Even though you weren't actually asking what to cook for dinner ;)

Dammit! Now I want THAT! But I'm stuck at work! Thanks a lot! (heeheehee)
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Nope. I consider it a fad diet. Refer to it however you wish, but I think it's an unsustainable plan intended to be a quick fix. It does not teach you how to eat like a normal person by eating normal common foods, just in moderated ways

Jonny has spoken and now we must all follow his diet (which actually isn't a diet) its and eating strategy (or something like that), but NOT a diet.

Okay, what shall I have for dinner tonight, cause I've only got low carb stuff in and I don't want to fall off the 'Jonny no diet' eating strategy first day?

Lol ok I know you are being facetious BUT... You should try this chicken I've been making!! We eat it a few times a week.

Take chicken breast and top with fresh basil paste and wrap in bacon and when it's completely cooked top with mozzella until melted!

You should try it. It's fantastic! My husband requests it almost every night.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options

"Normal person"??? I don't know...are any of us normal?

"Normal common foods"...I think they are more dependent upon demographics and change throughout time. Growing up it was normal to eat fried food where I lived. It was normal to add sugar to everything. My mother bought 5-10lbs every time we went grocery shopping. It was not normal for us to eat seafood.

My "normal common foods" have changed...I don't fry...I don't own any sugar...I now eat seafood. I eat things that I didn't even know existed as a child.

One of my favorite things to eat growing up was a wilted salad...hot bacon grease poured over right before it was served. I wouldn't eat it now...well...maybe...but it wouldn't be considered "normal common food" in my house.

Normal people...normal common food...is dependent upon the individual.

Take a look at Jonny's diary, you can see what he considers normal. Processed/frozen meals, lots of fast food and restaurant meals. I admire that he's been able to sustain his weight eating like that, especially going hundreds and sometimes over a thousand calories over his goal day after day.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

You should try it. It's fantastic! My husband requests it almost every night.

You know, if I remember, I want to make that for lunch on Sunday. That's about the only day that I can cook "long form".
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

make sure you are eating NORMAL foods , cause you don't want to be a failure if you try to eat healthy all the time, society says Taco bell is normal so that's what you should eat to be successful, oh as long as you count your calories then you are completely not dieting!!

Oh hi. I'll add your name to the long list of low-carb people in this thread who have no long-term history of success, have closed or empty diaries, and get mad when people refer to your diet as special, restrictive, or faddish.
  • marshrowan
    marshrowan Posts: 64 Member
    Options

make sure you are eating NORMAL foods , cause you don't want to be a failure if you try to eat healthy all the time, society says Taco bell is normal so that's what you should eat to be successful, oh as long as you count your calories then you are completely not dieting!!

Oh hi. I'll add your name to the long list of low-carb people in this thread who have no long-term history of success, have closed or empty diaries, and get mad when people refer to your diet as special, restrictive, or faddish.

so I'll only have success if I open my diary ?? P.S I never said I was low carb, and I have an empty diary cause I DON'T count calories and Ive had great success for 5+ years but thanks for your concern,lol
  • marshrowan
    Options

p.s Good come back!!! lol but i'm doing just fine, lol
  • jonnythan
    Options

so I'll only have success if I open my diary ?? P.S I never said I was low carb, and I have an empty diary cause I DON'T count calories and Ive had great success for 5+ years but thanks for your concern,lol

Great success for 5+ years? How is that possible when you said you've lost 12 inches in the past year, and your ticker shows you still have about 20 lbs to lose?
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Great success for 5+ years? How is that possible when you said you've lost 12 inches in the past year, and your ticker shows you still have about 20 lbs to lose?

Oh wait. My bad.

You've lost 12 inches in two months.

I question your definition of "success" if it means you end up with 12 inches left to lose from *anywhere* after five years, and if it means the type of massive crash dieting/starvation necessary to lose it in a scant two months.
  • marshrowan
    Options

Oh wait. My bad.

I question your definition of "success" if it means you end up with 12 inches left to lose from *anywhere*, and if it means the type of massive crash dieting/starvation necessary to lose it in a scant two months.
    [/quote
    your right I have been starving myself for the last 2 months !! you now me soo well!! are you hiding in my closet?? hahah not wasting my time on you thats for sure !! lol hahahahahahahah
  • jonnythan
    Options

Oh wait. My bad.

I question your definition of "success" if it means you end up with 12 inches left to lose from *anywhere*, and if it means the type of massive crash dieting/starvation necessary to lose it in a scant two months.
    your right I have been starving myself for the last 2 months !! you now me soo well!! are you hiding in my closet?? hahah not wasting my time on you thats for sure !! lol hahahahahahahah

Interesting. 5+ years of success, followed by losing 12 inches in 2 months.

And 0 of 18 lbs lost since you joined MFP... 2 months ago.

Roger.
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Maybe this will satisfy the non low carbers. I will be counting my calories for the next two weeks before I do another 30 day low carb. Had about 150 carbs today and the hunger urges have already returned lol
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Ive low carbed in the past and that is the quickest way I noticed I lost a good amount of weight. I only have 7 more days of this low carbing and then I think Im going to count calories for a few weeks. Maybe mix my diet up since Im not working right now, but my parents are willing to buy me food I need so I lose weight. Thinking about just going on a 2000 calorie a day diet after I finish this and then maybe low carb every two weeks and then alternate. My weight yoyos a lot because I know how to eat really but I just stop caring for awhile pig out and then gain the weight back so I have to do things to lose it again.

Please re-read this entire paragraph that you wrote and REALLY think about it. Um, you already identified your own problem. You yo-yo back and forth, then start the cycle again. How about you perhaps find a lifestyle approach that actually works for YOU that is sustainable long term and gets you out of this cycle? If your profile is correct, you are too old to be this ignorant about your own choices. I truly wish you luck. Do some research on here, find something that sounds moderate and sustainable for YOU, then do it. Forever.

ummmm yeah. pretty much this. You are 36 and your parents are buying you food to lose weight? But then you will stop caring and pig out and gain it back? Time to grow up dude and take some responsibility for yourself.

my parents are ''willing'' to buy me food too.....that doesn't mean I take them up on it. I'm freakin 33. I'd rather starve. lol.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    another 30 day low carb.

Sounds like you really took this thread to heart and have taken the long-term view. Really setting yourself up for a true lifestyle change and long-term success. Kudos.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

Sorry I forgot under my new 'Jonny not a diet eating strategy' I have log all of my food - do I need to weight it first! I'm having pizza tonight is that okay?
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I do agree with QuietBloom that Flaxmilk seems like a swell and balanced person. I can't say that about every poster I've encountered on these forums.

:blushing: Thank you to you both. :flowerforyou: :heart:

If I didn't already say it elsewhere, I'll say it here: I didn't mean you were wrong about people saying jerky things to you; that I'm 1000% positive is true (as someone who has eaten "differently" for more than half my life.) What I was disagreeing with is the idea that others find widespread acceptance of their diets. I'm guessing you won't see this but figured I may as well clarify that since you seem really bothered by it. I don't doubt your personal experiences, and I don't have issue with you eating low carb.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I do agree with QuietBloom that Flaxmilk seems like a swell and balanced person. I can't say that about every poster I've encountered on these forums.

If I didn't already say it elsewhere, I'll say it here: I didn't mean you were wrong about people saying jerky things to you; that I'm 1000% positive is true (as someone who has eaten "differently" for more than half my life.) What I was disagreeing with is the idea that others find widespread acceptance of their diets. I'm guessing you won't see this but figured I may as well clarify that since you seem really bothered by it. I don't doubt your personal experiences, and I don't have issue with you eating low carb.

All I was saying was that vegetarians are more socially accepted than low carbers. My ex fiancé was a vegetarian and to go into a restaurant and there was always vegetarian dishes but to order a burger with no bun or a taco salad with no shell and people look at you like you are off our rocker. That's all I meant by vegetarians being a more socially accepted way of eating. Most menus have vegetarian options.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I think it's interesting that the "anti-keto" posters repeatedly say that NOBODY stays on a keto diet long-term, yet dozens and dozens of posters show up and say that they've been doing it long term.

And so the anti-keto crowd refuses to believe them or acknowledge their existence.

Myself, I adopted a ketogenic diet in December of 2010. 39 months and counting. I lost 140 lbs on it and maintain excellent (fully normal non-diabetic) glycemic control.

I'm sure I don't really exist though.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    All I was saying was that vegetarians are more socially accepted than low carbers. My ex fiancé was a vegetarian and to go into a restaurant and there was always vegetarian dishes but to order a burger with no bun or a taco salad with no shell and people look at you like you are off our rocker. That's all I meant by vegetarians being a more socially accepted way of eating. Most menus have vegetarian options.

That was what I meant about location mattering. Where I live, it's not difficult to find low carb options or menus with low carb sections. The restaurants I can go to are pretty limited; the others just don't have food I can eat, and don't get me started on how many "vegetarian" dishes have chicken broth in them when you ask for the ingredients. Many vegetarian dishes at restaurants would not actually be vegetarian, depending on things like sources of rennet or food dyes. I don't travel often, but my experiences were pretty split-in one state, I couldn't dream of finding vegetarian food besides salad, and in another, I was in complete heaven.

People have ridiculed me (frequently) on my birthday, on holidays. I have been looked at as "off my rocker" more times than I could even dream of counting for things like ordering a bun and toppings without the meat. I get questioned and told of how poor my health is all the time. I've even been accused of immorality. Of course you will notice what happens to you more; that's human nature. But I think no matter where you go, some style of eating will be different and questioned, just because of how we work in groups. It's unfortunate and annoying, but it's one reason I love MFP. The people on my friends list don't bug me about what I eat, whether or not they are vegetarian, and that's a refreshing change.

TL;DR: I'm going to argue with your POV on experiences that you don't have, but I have no doubts about your own. You probably get the same reactions, questions, and jokes I do, just with slightly different details.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Vegetarianism can be justified on ethical and moral grounds. You can choose not to eat animals because animals have feelings, or you can't justify the energy and waste required to produce and harvest animals.

Low carb? Not so much.