7 Days Left on Low carb and fading fast

Options

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Enjoy gaining all the weight back when you're done "dieting."

Surely the same goes for everyone? Stop dieting and gain your weight back!

Which is why I encourage learning sustainable, practical eating instead of fad diets like low carb.

It's been around a lot longer than calorie counting and other such diets - maybe past the fad stage by now?

http://www.diapedia.org/introduction/history-to-1900
    http://notchbynotch.com/tag/diet-history/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNYlIcXynwE
    http://www.jameslindlibrary.org/illustrating/articles/the-introduction-of-successful-treatment-of-diabetes-mellitus-wi
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Nope. I consider it a fad diet. Refer to it however you wish, but I think it's an unsustainable plan intended to be a quick fix. It does not teach you how to eat like a normal person by eating normal common foods, just in moderated ways
  • marshrowan
    marshrowan Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Nope. I consider it a fad diet. Refer to it however you wish, but I think it's an unsustainable plan intended to be a quick fix. It does not teach you how to eat like a normal person by eating normal common foods, just in moderated ways

What is normal??
  • marshrowan
    Options

What is normal??

Just curious what your definition is for normal common foods?? because for everyone that might mean something different.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options

What is normal??

Just curious what your definition is for normal common foods?? because for everyone that might mean something different.

I agree. What I eat I consider normal.. I don't think I am eating abnormally.... Who is to say pizza and sandwiches and Taco Bell are normal but meat and veggies aren't normal.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Which is why I encourage learning sustainable, practical eating instead of fad diets like low carb.

It's been around a lot longer than calorie counting and other such diets - maybe past the fad stage by now?

" A meat (low carbohydrate) diet was introduced at the start of the nineteenth century, and was followed by many other special diets. Restricted calorie intake may have been the common factor in determining success, but patients tended to rebel against the more demanding regimens. "

C'mon... because they tried it as treatment for diabetes, then tried other things? Not exactly supportive as evidence that the low carb lifestyle was a "thing" back then.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

I agree...I have already accepted that I will probably always have to track my calories in some shape form or fashion if I want to maintain my weight loss. I will always have to make sure that I am active at a certain level.

I think knowing yourself and accepting certain things about yourself is the key to many of us being able to maintain.

The funny thing is...people that don't limit any certain food group fails at maintaining at a fairly high rate according to statistics. I couldn't do low carb...I tried...I sucked at it!

I have noticed one thing though...I don't crave carbs as much since I have "tried" to keep my sodium at 1500mg. Pasta without salt...IMO...is just not good. That is one thing I have noticed...the carbs that I once enjoyed...all need sodium...at least for me.
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

That's it then. It's all been for nothing.

Jonny has spoken and now we must all follow his diet (which actually isn't a diet) its and eating strategy (or something like that), but NOT a diet.

Okay, what shall I have for dinner tonight, cause I've only got low carb stuff in and I don't want to fall off the 'Jonny no diet' eating strategy first day?
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

What is normal??

I agree. What I eat I consider normal.. I don't think I am eating abnormally.... Who is to say pizza and sandwiches and Taco Bell are normal but meat and veggies aren't normal.

ALNoog... you have health issues that have modified your eating. You have a new normal. His comments aren't necessarily directed at you, okie doke? :smile: Remember... you surely do not eat like the OP and you wouldn't want to.
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

" A meat (low carbohydrate) diet was introduced at the start of the nineteenth century, and was followed by many other special diets. Restricted calorie intake may have been the common factor in determining success, but patients tended to rebel against the more demanding regimens. "

C'mon... because they tried it as treatment for diabetes, then tried other things? Not exactly supportive as evidence that the low carb lifestyle was a "thing" back then.

But its not a fad - at worst it's retro. Although retro does make it sound cool.

Low Carb Retro Eating strategy - LCRES (I like it).
  • beth4dieting3
    beth4dieting3 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Why do low carb? Is that a way you can maintain a lifestyle? Better to find a nutrional lifestyle you can live with and keep going. It becomes your lifestyle and not a diet. Good luck!!
  • ALNoog
    Options

Jonny has spoken and now we must all follow his diet (which actually isn't a diet) its and eating strategy (or something like that), but NOT a diet.

Okay, what shall I have for dinner tonight, cause I've only got low carb stuff in and I don't want to fall off the 'Jonny no diet' eating strategy first day?

Lol ok I know you are being facetious BUT... You should try this chicken I've been making!! We eat it a few times a week.

Take chicken breast and top with fresh basil paste and wrap in bacon and when it's completely cooked top with mozzella until melted!
    Even though you weren't actually asking what to cook for dinner ;)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    You should start mentally preparing yourself for weight gain starting in 7 days.

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs

This!!!
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't want to do anything that made me feel lethargic or dizzy. The overall goal here is to get healthier. And there's no way you can stick with this plan for life. Sooner or later, guess what? You're going to need and want carbs because you've been depriving yourself and you haven't learned how to have them in moderation to live out the rest of your days without regaining. I don't know of any person that has remained ultra low carb in maintenance for a few years/kept the weight off.
  • marshrowan
    Options

make sure you are eating NORMAL foods , cause you don't want to be a failure if you try to eat healthy all the time, society says Taco bell is normal so that's what you should eat to be successful, oh as long as you count your calories then you are completely not dieting!!
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

Lol ok I know you are being facetious BUT... You should try this chicken I've been making!! We eat it a few times a week.

Take chicken breast and top with fresh basil pase and wrap in bacon and when it's completely cooked top with mozzella until melted!

That does sound nice and if LCRES ever gets the thumbs up from Jonny, I'm going to give a try.
  • ALNoog
    Options

What is normal??

ALNoog... you have health issues that have modified your eating. You have a new normal. His comments aren't necessarily directed at you, okie doke? :smile: Remember... you surely do not eat like the OP and you wouldn't want to.

;) oh I know it want directed toward me. I was just chiming in on tennisdudes argument

OP is in his own little world. And he just sort of mashed 100 different "diets" together
  • marshrowan
    Options

Take chicken breast and top with fresh basil pase and wrap in bacon and when it's completely cooked top with mozzella until melted!

Hmm I was gonna have chicken tonight, I'm gonna wrap it in bacon now, Mmmmmm!
  • mdallas6
    mdallas6 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You too!!
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

"Normal person"??? I don't know...are any of us normal?

"Normal common foods"...I think they are more dependent upon demographics and change throughout time. Growing up it was normal to eat fried food where I lived. It was normal to add sugar to everything. My mother bought 5-10lbs every time we went grocery shopping. It was not normal for us to eat seafood.

My "normal common foods" have changed...I don't fry...I don't own any sugar...I now eat seafood. I eat things that I didn't even know existed as a child.

One of my favorite things to eat growing up was a wilted salad...hot bacon grease poured over right before it was served. I wouldn't eat it now...well...maybe...but it wouldn't be considered "normal common food" in my house.

Normal people...normal common food...is dependent upon the individual.