GW at the end of the Spring check in? 195

Sun-
Mon - 33 elliptical
Tues -
Wed - 60 min walk
Thurs -
Fri -
Sat -

I'm so glad to be posting a new check in. I didn't meet my goal but I didn't gain any weight. Work outs were 3-5 a week (mostly cardio) so I can't complain too much. The winter was not kind to me. First my husband was in the hospital for a week at Christmas with the pneumonia. Second my mother passing away 6 weeks ago. Time for some reflection and moving forward. I hope the nice weather comes soon! Happy Spring everyone! Good luck meeting your spring goals.

Kristen

Replies

• lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Thanks Goldk for sending me the new topic for spring! I didn't make my goal - in fact I gained 10 pounds over the winter (and I had gained 10 pounds the previous year too ... so that is 20 pounds back on of the 35 that I lost a few years ago)! AAARGH! This last month I haven't been doing any tracking, eating whatever is in front of me, and exercising less ... a sure recipe for disaster. I have been under a lot of financial stress, and I let it get the better of me. I need to stop this train that is going in the wrong direction - my blood pressure is up, cholesterol is up, and I feel like crap. Time to make a change.
    I am thinking strongly of joining weight watchers, mainly just for the in-person group support and accountability on the scale. I'm not very interested in their 'points' program though, so I'm not sure if it will be motivating for me. I've done weight watchers many times with no success, but it was a long time ago. I need to decide by Saturday because they have a 6 month 50% off special going on that ends on Saturday. I'm just wondering if I need that accountability and group meetrings right now. Have any of the rest of you done Weight Watchers lately and what are you opinions?
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,058 Member
    Options
    GoldK -- We really appreciate these Daily Check In threads that you start, even if we don't always check in regularly. You did, indeed, have a rough winter. I did too! I am glad that it is over and we can have a fresh start now that it is Spring.

1stPaul -- Although I know lots of people who have lost a lot on WW in the past, it did not work for me. I mainly did it to have the group support and accountability, as well. At first I followed it, but then gradually slacked off. The 2 subsequent times, I really never did it right. They did change their system up during the time that I was trying to do WW... and there were so many complaints and people gaining, but I did not stick it out long enough to see if they got the bugs worked out. If you do it, I advise you to do their system and NOT go in as I did just to have the support group. Looking back, I think it would have worked, if only I had done it right.

I gained 3 pounds last month instead of losing... but it truly was a rough Winter for me, too. My FIL died. Was out of town over a week. Then, my Mother got very sick and had to go to the ER & was hospitalized. I went out of town to be with her and help as much as I could. Ended up staying a month as the same night she was discharged from the hospital from the GI problem, she had a heart attack. Just over this past weekend, my cousin died. Monday, the day of the funeral, there was a big buffet lunch & that evening a buffet style dinner. I am only just now ramping up my diet and exercise. Planning my meals in advance helps a lot, but I need to stick with the plan!

March 19, 2014 - Wed.
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? yes
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? stuck with my meal plans & exercised
    What would I have done differently? nothing

GW at the end of the Spring check in? 134

Wed - 17 min. Turbo Jam DVD, Biceps Curls, push-ups, back exercises including planks & sit - ups,

March 20th - Thursday
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? stuck with my meal plans & exercised
    What would I have done differently? more exercise

Thurs. - Triceps Extensions & 65 dips

Linda
  • positive2015
    positive2015 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Like to be part of this daily check in.
    Just starting out logging and strength/cardio training.
    GW - end of spring 180 lbs
    Plan to do a 5K early June.
  • suejoker
    suejoker Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Happy Spring!

I like this seasonal daily check in thing! I'm in.

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? I walked for 70 minutes, planned the next week's meals & went grocery shopping
    What would I have done differently? I would have started the day with yoga
    What is today's personal goals? do 20 minutes of yoga, 20 minutes of dancing, and 50 minutes of walking

GW at the end of the Spring check in? 175
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Thanks Goldk for sending me the new topic for spring! I didn't make my goal - in fact I gained 10 pounds over the winter (and I had gained 10 pounds the previous year too ... so that is 20 pounds back on of the 35 that I lost a few years ago)! AAARGH! This last month I haven't been doing any tracking, eating whatever is in front of me, and exercising less ... a sure recipe for disaster. I have been under a lot of financial stress, and I let it get the better of me. I need to stop this train that is going in the wrong direction - my blood pressure is up, cholesterol is up, and I feel like crap. Time to make a change.
    I am thinking strongly of joining weight watchers, mainly just for the in-person group support and accountability on the scale. I'm not very interested in their 'points' program though, so I'm not sure if it will be motivating for me. I've done weight watchers many times with no success, but it was a long time ago. I need to decide by Saturday because they have a 6 month 50% off special going on that ends on Saturday. I'm just wondering if I need that accountability and group meetrings right now. Have any of the rest of you done Weight Watchers lately and what are you opinions?

I'm not a fan of WW but I probably didn't utilize to it's full capacity. My work ran a special - 50% online membership. I didn't like the point system at all. Calories is so much easier!!! The food dbase was limited and I hated adding stuff. Spend the Spring focusing on just the 10 lbs that you gained during the winter. This works but maybe the support of others (in person) will help. My sister in-law loved WW and has kept the weight off. I love food - good food and bad food! I need to focus on portions especially when I'm eating out. Also, I found out that my mother's father died at 65, my mother's mother 35 and my mother at 71. I need to take care of myself!! Although on my father's side my grandmother lived to 100. Yeah - I'm not taking a gamble on which genes I inherited :-) So far my numbers are good but I suspect when I hit 50 that will change - LMAO!!! That gives me 5 years to get a healthy relationship with food!

Kristen
  • goldk
    Options
    GoldK -- We really appreciate these Daily Check In threads that you start, even if we don't always check in regularly. You did, indeed, have a rough winter. I did too! I am glad that it is over and we can have a fresh start now that it is Spring.

1stPaul -- Although I know lots of people who have lost a lot on WW in the past, it did not work for me. I mainly did it to have the group support and accountability, as well. At first I followed it, but then gradually slacked off. The 2 subsequent times, I really never did it right. They did change their system up during the time that I was trying to do WW... and there were so many complaints and people gaining, but I did not stick it out long enough to see if they got the bugs worked out. If you do it, I advise you to do their system and NOT go in as I did just to have the support group. Looking back, I think it would have worked, if only I had done it right.

I gained 3 pounds last month instead of losing... but it truly was a rough Winter for me, too. My FIL died. Was out of town over a week. Then, my Mother got very sick and had to go to the ER & was hospitalized. I went out of town to be with her and help as much as I could. Ended up staying a month as the same night she was discharged from the hospital from the GI problem, she had a heart attack. Just over this past weekend, my cousin died. Monday, the day of the funeral, there was a big buffet lunch & that evening a buffet style dinner. I am only just now ramping up my diet and exercise. Planning my meals in advance helps a lot, but I need to stick with the plan!

March 19, 2014 - Wed.
    What would I have done differently? nothing

Wed - 17 min. Turbo Jam DVD, Biceps Curls, push-ups, back exercises including planks & sit - ups,

March 20th - Thursday
    What would I have done differently? more exercise

Linda

Linda - I'm sorry you had a rough winter. I hope spring is better to you! :flowerforyou:

Kristen
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    March 20, 2014

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? staying within my calories and drinking a lot of liquid (water & hot tea)
    What would I have done differently? less sugar indulgence due to being stressed out. I stayed within my sugar goal though.
    What is today's personal goal(s)? same as every day! Be more active, eat within my allotted calories.

GW at the end of the Spring check in? I don't know how long this will continue...to the end of Spring? If so I would like to see 180 lb. This morning's weigh in had me at 189.8 lb.
  • Elbee1
    Options
    selzermint -- Looks like you are already doing such a fantastic job! Welcome & keep up the great work!

Kristen -- Thank you!

March 21, 2014 - Fri
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? stayed under in calories
    What would I have done differently? exercised!

Fri - None

Linda
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    HAPPY SPRING! Thrilled to be joining the same ladies for our continuing weight loss journey. WELCOME
    to the new ladies who just joined. :bigsmile:

GOLDK - Thanks again for all your support in doing this for us. Everyone here had a tough winter and thank
    goodness its coming to a close.

I hope we can all do better this Spring, it's a new and fresh start!!:drinker:

I have to say my winter was hard due to constant snow, but I did lose 17 pounds on the South Beach Plan.
    I can't complain, I am now doing Phase 2 until my goal which will take me a while to get to my goal.
    I will probably bounce back and forth from Phase 1 to Phase 2 to get the metabolism working again. At
    my age it's harder to lose at that constant pace. I will continue working out 6 days a week with Sunday as
    my rest day. I am looking forward to my vacation which will start April 1st for a week in Jamaica.
    My goal was to lose for my vacation. I will continue this after I return staying on the same plan.

One more thing, about WW, I am a lifetime member from years ago. I did return twice but could not
    get into the points program anymore. I say try it and see how it goes, it can't hurt to give it a go.
    I like calorie instead and when I started here was amazed how many calories is in everything we
    put into our mouth.:noway:

Good luck to everyone this Spring and let's kick some butt!!

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? YES
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? YES
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? got outside for my walking and enjoyed the air.
    What would I have done differently? Nothing
    What are today's personal goals? Drink water, stay on track, log and focus.

Mon- Biking 45 min
    Tues - Cleaning day and 35 min walking
    Wed - Strength training with weights, 25 min + finish cleaning.
    Thurs - Leslie Sasone Walking 33 min + Biking 15 min.
    Fri - Walking outside 45 min + 15 min Biking
    Sat - Biking 45 min.
    Sun - REST DAY
  • goldk
    Options
    Look at me!!! I'm checking in on a Saturday!!!! LOL

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? didn't track
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? see above
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? not much - Friday's have been sad days for me. It's been 7 weeks since my mom's passing.
    What would I have done differently? track all meals and not have a liquid lunch :grumble:
    What is today's personal goals? check in, track food, and Zumba

Sun-
    Mon - 33 elliptical
    Tues -
    Wed - 60 min walk
    Thurs - Yoga
    Fri -
    Sat - Zumba
  • positive2015
    Options
    3/22 Sat check in

Did you stay with nutrional goals -no
    Did you reach yesterdays personal goal- no
    What did you do yesterday that you are proud of - kept my positive mood
    What would you have done differently- like today planning a concrete nutritional and exercise plan for spring.A vision board for being commited.
    What is todays goals- see above

Earlier mentioned my goal wt was 180 for end of spring like to change it to 170lbs.

Starting slow and with the help of this group hopefully will see changes.

Renu
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? YES!
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? YES - but I tracked my food this morning
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Zumba
    What would I have done differently? log my calories yesterday and not this morning
    What is today's personal goals? check in, track food and take care of myself

Sun-
    Mon -
    Tues -
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • goldk
    Options
    3/22 Sat check in

Did you stay with nutrional goals -no
    What did you do yesterday that you are proud of - kept my positive mood
    What would you have done differently- like today planning a concrete nutritional and exercise plan for spring.A vision board for being commited.

Earlier mentioned my goal wt was 180 for end of spring like to change it to 170lbs.

Starting slow and with the help of this group hopefully will see changes.

Renu

An exercise plan for Spring - What a great idea!!!! Thanks!

I know what I'll be doing Wednesday - shoveling snow :grumble:
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? no
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? no
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? tracked everything & did some exercise
    What would I have done differently? more exercise & not had those Coconut Toasted Vanilla Covered Cashews!

Fri - None
    Sat - Back exercises including planks & sit-ups, Biceps Curls & Push-ups

Linda
  • positive2015
    Options
    3/23

Did you stay with nutrional goals -limited carb intake
    What did you do yesterday that you are proud of - planned to start strngth training exercise this week with group.
    What would you have done differently-more mindful eating

Renu
  • suejoker
    Options
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? no, I surpassed it!
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? I danced and walked all the way around Lake Merritt, burning 1,018 calories!
    What would I have done differently? not a thing
    What is today's personal goals? have a true rest day and eat up to my calorie goal

GW at the end of the Spring check in? 175
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? No - didn't track everything
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? visited my sister, did a little shopping.
    What would I have done differently? log my calories - I always have a difficult time when I eat out.
    What is today's personal goals? check in, track food and the elliptical

Sun-
    Mon -
    Tues -
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Ran around with my son
    What would I have done differently? Tried not to choose my food with my emotions
    What is today's personal goals? Stay under and exercise at least 15 minutes

GW at the end of the Spring check in? 150

Sun- 15 minutes "playing football" with my son, 10 minutes PT exercises for my ankle
    Mon -
    Tues -
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? YES
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? YES
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Rest day, spent time with my daughter
    What would I have done differently? Nothing
    What are today's personal goals? Drink water, stay on track, log and focus.

Mon- Leslie Sasone upper body w/weights 30 min + Biking 15 min
    Tues -
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
    Sun -
  • suejoker
    Options