How much have you lost, and how long did it take?

Options

Replies

• jijita55
    jijita55 Posts: 14
    Options
    I lost 17.6lbs since november 2013 11lbs to go!!
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    17.4 lbs since January 10. Keeping track makes a huge difference. Hope to get to my 50 lb mark by July 1!
  • kristinsmith58511
    Options
    95lbs from June 17 til current. Size 18 down to a 3/4.
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    The_1_Who_Knocks Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    90 pounds total since Feb 13. I lost the first 35 doing some unsustainable fad diets.

Around October 1st I made a permanent lifestyle change with my diet, and I walk 25-30 miles a week. Lost 55 pounds since October 1st.

Started 274, now I am 184. 5'11.
  • williamshl10
    williamshl10 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    28 pounds since February 6th, 2014. No more soda, started walking 2 miles a day and cut my calories down. But I am very overweight to begin with, so that's why it seems too fast.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    131-135 pounds, depending on the day (it's all within the range of where I want to be).

It took me 15 months to drop it. I steadily lost 10-12 pounds a month until I purposely really slowed things down for the last 15.

I've been maintaining since September of 2012, so about 18 months.
  • steelnfl
    steelnfl Posts: 10
    Options
    43 pounds since September 4, 2013
  • edtechseth
    edtechseth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm down 29 since January 1, 2014. Not eating junk and regular exercise!
  • vincetse
    vincetse Posts: 1
    Options
    Lost 39 lbs in 8 months. The first 35 lbs took 5 months, but things have slowed down since cos my body has become very efficient at the exercises I do. My Jawbone Up tells me doing 130,000-140,000 steps a week from walking, elliptical and running. Good luck in your journey!
  • LlamaMama12
    Options
    6 pounds since March 14th which is ridiculous tbh
  • nlbez
    nlbez Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 24 lb in just over 9 weeks. Im a 28 year old lady and starting weight was 183 lb im 5ft 4 . Ive started exercising more and eating less. I do eat back some of my exercise calories. Hope this helps. X
  • alyjb1121
    alyjb1121 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Four months to lose seven pounds without MFP and 47 days to lose ten pounds with portion control, healthier options and MFP! I much prefer the latter of the two and will continue on with it. Good luck to you!
  • AmandaCherise
    AmandaCherise Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    11 pounds since March 6th, 2014! I just cut out all soda, complex carbs, fast food, and sweets. I also try to go to the gym for an hour every morning, but that doesn't work out so well sometimes.
  • RomaWT
    RomaWT Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Down 15.2 lbs since mid-Nov. Now I am stuck with a strained back, so I have not been able to get my daily workouts in. Not much change since 2 weeks.
  • maryanog
    maryanog Posts: 3
    Options
    20 pounds since January 2014... slow and steady wins this race. don't look back. never give up.

what worked for me tips:
    low calories soups with fav veggies
    zumba 1 hour once a week ( i know my limits and how my schedule is)
    portion control -- once u start keep at it

Goodluck babes
  • cmskingsley
    cmskingsley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    46 lbs since Nov 18/13
  • szabinahazi
    szabinahazi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    17 kgs (approx. 38 pounds, I think) since 9 April 2013. 3 kgs to go :)
    Good Luck! :)
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    100lbs took me a year
    30lbs took me 9 months last year
    10lbs - still in progress - hopefully by May
  • Irun4my4
    Irun4my4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It truly depends on how honest you are when you track and how committed you are. Plus a host of other factors (metabolism, health, diet/food choices, current and past exercise, etc.). If you aim for 1-2 lbs a week and really stick with it through both diet and increasing your exercise, you have the greatest likelihood of both attaining your goal before year's end AND setting lifelong habits in place.

I lost 38 from 8/1/10-6/15/11 (and had lost 20 slowly and kept it off before that for 5 years), but the first 30 came off fast - 4 months. I went from 3x week elliptical with a couple 2 mile runs here and there to running 15 miles a week (3-4 runs of 2-8 miles) consistently. Tracking food every day. Never drinking calories. Treat of some kind every night. 5 fruits/vegs a day. 25g fiber/day minimum. 75g protein a day minimum.

Now I run 20 miles a week, have gained 12 back in the last 2 years, and am having a hard time with portion control and losing. So I'm back to tracking, You bite it, you write it.

I'm 5'9" 175 lbs and have run 6 half marathons in the last 2.5 years. You can do it! Good luck!!!
  • caligirl1001
    caligirl1001 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    13 pounds since Jan. 1. 7 more to go and then maybe another 5 after that, we'll see. Using this program to the T. I didn't have a lot to lose (5'6" with a starting weight of 154) but I am consistently losing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!