How much have you lost, and how long did it take?

Options

Replies

• aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Lost 50 lbs. The first 35 took 4 months. The last 15 took almost 2 years!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    102 lbs. ~ 14 months
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    33 pounds in 5 months so far..still have 45 to go!
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    107.4 lost in 15 months, 50 more to go hopefully in the next 6 months.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    60 in a little over a year!!
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Almost 80 pounds, 74 lbs using MFP. I started in July 2013. Have a little more to go but almost there!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    40 pounds, and 3 years.

This thread makes me feel like such a slacker. lol

I did go through MAJOR body recomposition though, so that's why the losses were slow. From something like 40ish% body fat to just over 18%
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I started back in Dec of 2012, so well over a year. I started very very slow, lost some, gained 10lbs back during the summer. Around 64lbs lost (well 74 if you count the weight I gained back) and 48lbs since Sept. I like eating to much and am still struggling with it all. It takes time. Advice, measure your food and look for items that you can do grams for, versus cups on MFP database.
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I had my last child in 2011 and ive lost over 80 pounds and 20 inches. he is 2.5.
    I dont have more "weight" to lose. But now my concentration is on reducing body fat.
    Its a long road, but SO worth it;)
  • dezb64
    dezb64 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    120 in 1 1/2 years. Currently trying to figure out how to maintain
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I did not read the responses yet, so forgive if I parrot anyone....

I have lost somewhere in the ballpark of 35 pounds so far. I didn't buy a scale and weigh myself until I had already gone down a clothing size.(I estimate that pre-scale weight-loss at @10 lbs in about 2 months) I began my journey towards health in September of 2013. So I have been at this for 5 months. My weight loss slowed down in late December when I began to lift weights. I have only lost about 10 pounds in the last 3 months, but I have lost many clothing sizes as my body finds a more pleasant shape.

I was unhappy with my body for over 20 years and it has taken less than half a year for me to get to a place where I can have my photo taken or catch a glimpse of myself in a reflection and not cringe at what I see. I feel like a royal douche for not doing this sooner. I still have 15-20 lbs to go but I now see how possible it is to get to a place where I am very happy with myself.

However much longer the last 15 pounds takes doesn't really worry me. I am in control, so I know I will get there.
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 37lbs in a year (my one year anniversary on MFP is this Sunday). It's taking me a long time to lose because I still like to enjoy food!
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    52 lbs in 4 months. Looking to lose about 15 more.

Had to lose weight quick due to having blood work done to see if I was Diabetic.

Blood work came back and showed I am fine! :-)
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    170 pounds in 808 days it was more, but having a minor setback at the moment.
    My advice just try to have one good day!!
    Never give up!
    Eat more, move less.
  • marcellomoo
    marcellomoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    20lbs in 54 days :)
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    16.1 lbs lost, started January 4th 2014. Goal is 44 more lbs
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    bump
  • devils44
    devils44 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 105 lbs since July 2012 (67 lbs lost while a member of MFP since June 2013). My goal weight was 210 lbs, but I am now 198 lbs, so I am just trying to maintain and cut body fat %.
  • dlbredesen
    dlbredesen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    90 lbs in 15 months. Half of that before joining MFP and half after.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!